A Night Out | Teen Ink

A Night Out

December 7, 2017
By Emmett114 SILVER, Grundy Center, Iowa
Emmett114 SILVER, Grundy Center, Iowa
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"There comes a point where you no longer care if there's a light at the end of the tunnel or not you're just sick of the tunnel."-Ranata Suzuki


Intro. Scene
    The film opens up in a cemetery late at night. The only lighting coming from the moon and a street lamp or two. The screen is showing the perspective of someone peering over a tombstone watching as a man grips someone by the neck fiercely and hits that person's head against a tombstone. Once, twice, three times. The screen flashes black and we are thrown from the perspective of the onlooker to the perspective of the killer. As we look we see the onlooker stand up from behind the tombstone and start to run away. As the killer, we look down to the person whose head we are still gripping before hitting it once more against the tombstone. After that, we let go letting the body drop down we see blood on the tombstone where the head was bashed along with blood running down the tombstone. Beside this tombstone is an ax we look back seeing the person running away. We hear soft laughter. As we pan down and see the killer's hand wrap around the ax lifting it as he laughs beginning to walk in the direction the onlooker had run. The screen flashes black and we are beside the bloodied tombstone watching as the killer walks away laughing as he swings the ax by his side. The screen flashes black we are in the perspective of the onlooker once more. She is running through a town frantically looking behind her and at the streets. She runs by an alley and sees someone at the end of the alley. She turns down the alley running towards the person she sees. As she approaches the person she speaks.

 

Onlooker:
Help! Please God, help me!

 

Stranger:
Woah, calm down. What’s wrong? Are you okay?

 

Onlooker:
No… I… I… saw a man in the cemetery.

 

The stranger looks at her slightly puzzled before speaking again.

 

Stranger:
I’m sorry? I don’t think I quite understand.


As the girl speaks you can hear her voice quiver. She sounds frightened. Traumatized. Afraid.

 

Onlooker:
I… Saw a man. In the cemetery. And… and he…

 

The stranger looks at her with concerned eyes reaching out a hand slowly placing it on her shoulder.

 

Stranger:
And he what? What did you see?

 

Onlooker:
He… he killed someone. I saw him kill someone.

 

The stranger's eyes widen as she says this. He looks past her and behind himself before looking back to her.

 

Stranger:
It’s gonna be ok. We need to call the police.

 

Onlooker:
I… I think he saw me.

 

Stranger:
What do you mean?

 

Onlooker:
I ran away when I saw it. I think he might have seen me. I… I'm so scared. What if he finds me.

 

Stranger:
You’re going to be ok. It’s going to be ok. We just have to get you to the police station.

 

Onlooker:
You’ll help me?


Stranger:
Of course, I will.

 

Onlooker:
Thank you. Thank you so much.

 

The stranger smiles lightly at her giving her a warm feeling that she is safe.

 

Stranger:
Alright, let's get…

 

The stranger’s eyes widen and he looks dead ahead past the girl as she stares at him. She turns around looking behind her seeing nothing and then back to him.

 

Onlooker:
What is it?

 

The stranger’s mouth quivers as he tries to speak. As his mouth opens blood pours out the sides of his lips. Running down his face. He attempts to speak but nothing comes out. Finally, the stranger falls down to his knees before falling down to the ground his back bloodied. The girl steps back as he falls before looking up slowly a body standing behind the stranger. As she looks up she sees the man holding an ax dripping with blood. The killer starts to speak with a slight smile.

 

Killer:
Hello, I’m glad I found you.

 

The perspective finally changes the screen flashing black and switching to the killer. As he looks at the woman in front of him. She is clearly traumatized. Her lips quivering as she looks at the killer. We look to our hand holding the ax. Covered with blood from the body on the ground in front of us. We pan up back to the face of the girl we are searching for. We laugh lightly looking behind her and then behind himself. Finally looking back to her he starts to speak. Whispering as he does so.


Killer:
Run.

 

He laughs lightly as the girl stays still the camera tilts slightly as he tilts his head at her still standing there. He looks down laughing again before looking up and speaking clearly and loudly.

 

Killer:
RUN!

 

The girl’s eyes widen as she turns around quickly and runs away. The killer laughs as he begins walking forward and we look down at him swinging the ax. The screen flashes and we are in the perspective of the girl as she runs down the street she looks back and sees the killer as he walks down the street the ax dragging on the sidewalk. As she runs down the street we see a car driving towards her she begins waving her arms trying to get the car to stop.

 

Onlooker:
Stop! Help, please. Please stop!

 

The car passes her before making a U-turn and pulling up beside her. Inside the car is her classmate.

 

Driver:
What’s going on?

 

They say as the girl gets into the car. The screen cuts to the perspective of the driver. The girl looks at the driver pleading with her eyes.

 

Onlooker:
Just drive!

 

Driver:
Alright. Alright

 

The screen flashes to what seems like a random camera angle watching from the other side of the street as the car pulls away from the curb and takes off down the road. The screen slowly tilts looking downward the only thing we see is the edge of the bloodied ax. The screen begins to fade to black

 

Killer:
Heh. don’t worry. I’ll be seeing you very soon. There’s always plenty of death to go around.

 

The screen fades completely black. After a few moments, the screen lights up looking at a building. Then off to the side in a parking lot is the car that picked up the onlooker. It is early in the morning the sun barely starting to rise. We see an ax rise into the screen and reach out knocking on the door.

 

Killer:
Anybody home. I found this ax and it is very lonely and cold. I believe it would love to have your company. Perhaps it would be warmer if it were plunged into your skull. Care to find out? I know I want to.

 

The screen fades to black words appearing. “Nowhere you go is safe. No one can hide. Try if you wish.”