Jay Jupiter and the Kings of Chaos | Teen Ink

Jay Jupiter and the Kings of Chaos

By austinarsenault1 BRONZE, League City, Texas
austinarsenault1 BRONZE, League City, Texas

Scene start on black
Fade in:
        Steadyshot following behind a metal cart holding an unconscious man rolling down a dimly lit corridor, squeaking of rusted wheels and faint jingling of chain is heard. No audible speech can be heard, beyond a light mumble from the man tied to the cart. Arc around (long shot) to reveal the bound man being Xiro, just now waking up, dressed in a striped jumpsuit, escorted by 2 armed men.
Cut to:
medium shot of Xiro, a c***y smile across his face.

Xiro-
You fools; you think this place can hold me. I’ll find my way out.
Cut to:
CU of Guard 1
Guard 1-
Shut up prisoner, no one escapes here. (short pause)
Cut to:
CU Xiro
Guard 1-
(cont. offscreen) not alive anyway.

Xiro’s expression remaining firm with a subtle smile.
Cut to:
medium shot of All 3
Both guards chuckle under their breath. They continue walking down the corridor, Xiro periodically looks at the cells they pass.
Cut to:
medium shot of Guard 2

Guard 2-
Checking out the locals? I think you’ll find that you have a lot in common.
Cut to:
Medium shot of all 3
Both guards begin laughing aloud.

Xiro-
(with a c***y tone) What's with all the laughing? My people are all too eager to break me out of here.

Both guards begin to laugh uncontrollably. Guard 1, barely catching his breath, stops briefly.
Cut to:
CU of Guard 1
Guard 1-
I think you’ll find your (motions with air quotes) “people” to be a bit unreliable.

Guard 2 stops laughing. A loud banging on the cell bars fills the air.
The cart stops, as well as the 2 guards. Xiro and the guards look to their left.
Cut to:
medium of Xiro
Xiro-
Wolf?

Dissolve to:Wide shot of an abandoned factory building, blunt hits and screams of pain can be faintly heard. Text on screen reads “3 months ago”
Cut to:
Long shot of Xiro, seated, watching a fight occurring off-screen. Blows landing and screams are heard more clearly. Pan right to reveal the fight is between a group of 5 men and 1 single man wielding a pair of baton. Fight continues, Solo man having an obvious lead. (see choreographer's notes).

Xiro-
(Voice over) Wolf….. My weapon’s specialist and right hand man. An amazing fighter that never ceases to impress me. Give him any weapon and he’s an instant master, and with the right one, he can handle any number of foes. Even more impressive than his abilities with a weapon, is him without. Every style of every martial art, he’s considered to be a master of them all (pause).
Cut to:
OTS Wolf, looking at last man.
The fight, coming to an end, closing with wolf holding the last man against a crate with his hand around the man’s neck.
Xiro-
(Voice over) The most disturbing part about him.
Cut to:
CU Wolf
Wolf breaks the man’s neck, a murderous smile comes across his face.

Xiro-
(cont.) He never leaves any survivors.
Cut to:
OTS Wolf, looking at Xiro.
Xiro (past)-
(claps slowly while approaching wolf) Impressive, very impressive.
Cut to:
Medium shot of Wolf, a murderous look fills Wolf’s eyes. Wolf begins to approach Xiro with intent to kill.
Cut to:
Medium shot of Xiro, holds out his hand as a silent protest, the confident c***yness never leaving his eyes. Xiro glances at the empty building briefly, and reaches to his hip grabbing a handgun. Never breaking eye contact with Wolf, arc around to reveal a distant figure on a building as Xiro aims the gun to a wall and fires, a loud “clang” of the bullet hitting metal echoes through the factory followed shortly by the figure falling and a loud thud of a body hitting dirt.

Xiro (past)-
That man has been watching you since you were first attacked. My guess is that he was these men’s boss.
Cut to:
CU Wolf, looks back toward where the unknown man stood, (focus on background) noting the lack of a clear shot, blocked by a large shipping container. Wolf looks back to Xiro, (re-focus on Wolf) the look in his eyes now changed to intimidation, taking a step away from Xiro.
Cut to:
Medium shot of Xiro.
Xiro (past)-
(laughing slightly) Don’t worry, if I wanted to kill you, you would already be dead.

Xiro pauses for a moment, move to CU, his expression changes from a c***y smile, to a serious stare.
Xiro-
(cont.) Actually…. I need something of you.
Dissolve to:
On screen text reads, “present day”. OTS Wolf looking at guards and Xiro, a surprised look on Xiro’s face, staring at Wolf on the other end of the bars.

Xiro-
Are you alright? What happened?

A series of clicks and taps answer him.

Guard 2-
Yeah, that’s literally all he does. No response except for those annoying clicks.

Xiro-
(Annoyed) Well, he’s mute, that’s what he does.

Guard 1-
That would explain a lot.

Xiro-
You didn’t notice that when you brought him here?

Guard 2-
No, we just thought he was stupid or something.
Cut to:
Medium shot of Wolf. Wolf slams into the bars, making the guards jump. a murderous look comes to his eyes.
Cut to:
Medium shot of both guards and Xiro.

Guard 1-
Let’s move on…

Guard 2-
Agreed.

They begin to push Xiro away leading him further down the corridor. Another series of louder clicks echoes.

Xiro-
I know, just be patient.

Both guards look at each other, they shrug and continue down the corridor with Xiro.
Dissolve to:

Xiro-
Wait, stop right here….. Ion? Is that you?

Pan left to long shot of a short man inside the cell, scribbling equations on the cell wall. Ion gently raises his free hand in response, then continues scribbling, he is faintly mumbling incoherently as he writes out complex mathematical equations.
Cut to:
Medium shot from inside cell of Xiro and guards.

Guard 1-
He’s been doing that for about 2 weeks now, all he said was that he wanted some chalk and never spoke another word.

Xiro-
Yeah, he tends to get lost in his equations, (Beginning to get annoyed) but can one of you explain why he doesn’t have a bed.

Guard 2-
well, when he first got here, he disassembled his bed and the cart we brought him in and made a spring loaded chain-gun with the parts.

Guard 1-
And he killed 3 guards in the process.

Xiro-
(laughs aloud) Now that’s the Ion I know.

Dissolve to:
         Wide shot of an old, run down building in the middle of nowhere. Text on screen reads “1 month ago”
Cut to:
         Cut-away shot of strange device on a table, tilt up medium shot of Xiro in deep thought, staring down.

Ion (past)-
(Irish Accent) I call it the “Seismic Drill,”

Xiro (past)-
(still in deep thought) So….. What does it do?

Ion smiles, and claps his hands together.

Ion (past)-
I’m glad you asked. I’ll make it simple for sake of time.

Ion takes a deep breath.

Ion (past)-
Well you see…

Ion’s voice fades out. Slowly zoom in on Xiro.

Xiro-
(Voice over) Ion… My Equipment specialist and resident genius. I’ve known him since we were kids, and he was always gifted in every subject. With an IQ higher than Einstein, he practically skipped all of school, and graduated at age 9. His greatest talent is that he can make anything from practically scraps, from a gun to a jet, and beyond.

ECU of Xiro, Posture and face is unchanged.

Ion (past)-
Did ya catch that, lad?

Xiro snaps back to reality, shaking his head.

Xiro (past)-
Huh? Yeah sure, I got it.
Cut to:
OTS Xiro looking at Ion, a look of disbelief, and annoyance crosses Ion’s face. Ion turns and continues working.

Xiro-
(voice over) I’ll never understand him.
Dissolve to:
On screen text reads “present day”. OTS Ion looking at Xiro, staring at Ion, a look of disbelief in his eyes. A smile comes to his face.

Xiro-
They got you too, huh?

Ion-
(still working on his equations, offscreen) Would sure seem like it, lad. But how did they get you? I’d never have expected you to have be so easily captured.
Cut to:
ECU focused on Xiro’s eyes. Xiro begins to grow distant, his brow contorts in anger. Thunder cracks loudly.
L-Cut, Dissolve to:
Aerial shot of stormy rooftop, around 11:30 PM. 2 figures can be seen standing on the rooftop, facing each other. OTS shot of Xiro looking at the other figure, Jay. Lightning flashes.
Flash to, on thunder:
ECU focused on Xiro’s eyes. Xiro’s eyes begin to fill with anger, minor twitching of his right eye.
Flash to, on thunder:
Medium OTS Xiro looking at Jay, swords drawn, Xiro, hand on gun-holster. Jay lunges.
Flash to, on thunder:
ECU focused on Xiro’s face. Xiro’s face is contorted in anger, teeth bared.

Ion-
(offscreen, faintly) Boss?........ You ok there boss?

Flash to, on thunder:
Arc around Jay swinging at Xiro, Xiro side-steps and fires gun. Jay blocks with left sword. (see choreographer's notes)
Flash to, on thunder:
ECU focused on Xiro’s face. Expression unchanged, mumbling incoherently. Ion bangs on bars.

Ion-
(offscreen, shouting) Boss, what’s wrong?

Flash to, on thunder:
Fight continues. (see choreographer’s notes)
Flash to, on thunder:
ECU focused on Xiro’s face. Xiro rocking his head side to side.

Xiro-
(mumbling) No…. No.

Flash to, on thunder:
Medium shot of Jay holding Xiro off ground by his shirt, Sword held aimed at Xiro’s chest. Jay draws back, ready to strike.
Cut to:
Close up Xiro, a frantic look in his face

Xiro (past)-
Wait!

Jay stops.

Xiro(past)-
(cont.) I know where your father is.
Cut to:
Close up of Jay’s face turning to confusion.
Cut to:
Close up Xiro, a smile grows across Xiro’s face.
Cut to:
Medium shot of both.

Jay (past)-
What are you talking about, my father’s been dead for years.

Jay draws his sword back, his eyes fill with anger.

Xiro (past)-
No, he’s not dead.
Xiro smiles.

Xiro(past)-
(cont.) But I wouldn’t call it living either.

Xiro breaks into laughter.
Cut to:
CU Jay looks off into thought.
Cut to:
Medium shot of both.
Jay (past)-
(shouting) Tell me where he is! Now!

Xiro (past)-
(c***ily) you’re never going to get anything out of me.

Xiro continues laughing.

Jay (past)-
Oh, you’ll talk.

Jay punches Xiro, knocking him unconscious.Jay throws Xiro over his shoulder and walks off.
Dissolve to:
Close up shot of Xiro with a defeated look on his face, breathing heavily.

Ion-
(offscreen) Boss?.... Are you alright?

Medium shot of Xiro, composes himself before turning to look at Ion.

Xiro-
(with a serious tone) I won’t let him get away with this.

Ion-
(concerned) Who are you talking about?

Xiro begins mumbling incoherently.
Cut to:
Medium shot of guards and Xiro.

Guard 2-
(nervously) Alright, that’s enough for you two

The guards begin pushing Xiro down the corridor.

Xiro-
Where are you taking me now?

Both Guards smile and look at each other.

Guard 1-
You can call it home.

Both guards began chuckling under their breath.
The guards continue pushing Xiro down the corridor slowly.
Cut to:
Long shot from behind the guards pushing Xiro, camera stationary, the guards begin disappearing into the dark distance.
Dissolve to:
Medium shot of all 3.

Xiro-
So by home, you mean my cell I assume?

Guard 1-
What else would we be talking about?

Xiro-
(C***ily) I don’t know. I kind of hoped it would be my mansion.

Both guards begin laughing uncontrollably.

Guard 2-
(regaining composure, a huge grin on his face) Wealth won’t do you any good in here my friend. There’s no way i could ever see you even getting back to that lifestyle.

Xiro-
Well, (c***ily) Why not? I mean, I’ve gotten out of worse.

Guard 1-
You think it even possible to escape? Every exterior wall is 2 feet thick of solid concrete.

Guard 2-
And I’m sure you’ve noticed that we have armed guards everywhere, at all exits and every corridor.

Guard 1-
Even the ceiling is a foot thick of concrete.

Guard 2-
Right below this floor is our guard’s quarters…..Which happens to have our armory holding all of your team’s equipment right next to it.

Guard 1-
Yeah, you’re never seeing those again.

A deep voice is heard from the shadows of a nearby cell laughing maniacally.
Medium shot of Guard 2

Guard 2-
(bangs on cell bars with baton, shouting) Hey, you don’t speak a word to anyone this whole time, and now this!?

Medium shot of guards and Xiro.
Laughing never ceases, increasing in volume.

Guard 1-
(talking to Guard 2) Don’t mind the crazies, you’ll never win. Let’s get this over with, so we can get the hell out of here.

Long shot of all 3, Guard 1 unlocks the cell, while Guard 2 moves the cart into the cell. Guard 2 places the cart against the bars and steps out of the cell, Guard 1 closes and locks the cell door. Guard 2 unties Xiro’s restraints on the cart from outside the cell, Guards 1 & 2 walk away back down the corridor beginning to chat, incoherently.
Long shot of Xiro from dark cell across hallway.

Xiro-
(waiting for privacy from the receding guards) I know it’s you Cryptic, no need to hide.

Cryptic-
(offscreen, shifts seated position, still hidden in shadows, feet visible) Oh how the mighty have fallen. (pauses) I’ve been waiting for you….patiently. (slight chuckle)

Xiro-
(baffled) Out of all of my people, I would’ve thought you would be the last behind bars.

Cryptic-
(offscreen, laughs slowly) Don’t worry sir, I’m gonna get out of here soon enough and you’re coming with me.

Xiro-
Perfect, but if that’s the case, then how did they get you in the first place?

Cryptic-
(offscreen) They didn’t.

Xiro-
(confused) What, then why are you in here? Shouldn’t you be on the outside planning our escape?
Cryptic laughs.

Xiro-
(sternly) Oh.

Cryptic begins laughing louder.

Xiro-
So, why?

Cryptic-
(offscreen, sighs) How’re you this dense? When Wolf and Ion got caught, I knew you wouldn’t be far behind.

Xiro-
(Annoyed) Gee thanks.

Cryptic-
(offscreen) I let them catch me so I can break us all out.

Xiro-
Then I just have one question. (pauses, smile) Still got one of those puzzles?
Cut to:
Cryptic laughs slowly, and leans forward. ECU Cryptic focused on lower face, only mouth visible.

Cryptic-
Always.
Fade to Black:
A faint clicking is heard, pause. A loud explosion echoed throughout the prison.

This is a WIP that is part of a much larger and more complex story line.