Should I Give Up or No? | Teen Ink

Should I Give Up or No?

October 14, 2016
By S.Holloman BRONZE, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
S.Holloman BRONZE, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

One night, there was lightning striking the sky and the rain was hitting the ground like someone beating a drum. Everything was gloomy and the sky was gray. Inside a little house, lived a woman and her boyfriend. The woman was staring in space with her eyes wide.

“Why did it have to be us?” she said

“You can’t blame yourself! It’s not your fault, it was just an accident.” he said

“Well, what are we going to do? Are we going to keep it or give it away?”

He turned to her and said “What the hell? It’s crazy that you’re even considering to keep it. We are not even stable to keep it!”

She had a shocked look on her face. He always told her he wanted this and now his feelings were changing.

“So when did this change? I knew that it wasn’t something planned but we knew that if it did happen…”

“No! I don’t want it. If I wanted it, don’t you think I would be saying that I want it. What makes you think i wanted one with you anyway?”

She walked up to him and smacked him but before she could say anything else, he got his keys and walked out the house.

The woman sat down on the couch and her mascara was running down her face.

In her head she was saying to herself “what am i going to do?” ‘What am I gonna do?”

Three hours passed and she expected him to be home already.

(Phone ringing)
“Hey sorry I’m not picking up the phone right now, but leave a message and i’ll get back to you”
… beep
“Hey, i know our argument got out of hand but I was expecting you to be home. We really can’t leave this up in the air, we have to talk about it. Call me when you get this message.”

A few minutes later..

The woman's’ phone started ringing.

“Hello… Hellooo….HELLO. Where are you and what are you doing?” she quietly listens to what’s being said in the background.

“I know...I know. I messed up but clearly I don’t want to be with her if I’m here with you. She never meant anything to me or that stupid thing that she wants to keep. But I will try any and every way for her to get rid of it, So I can get rid of her. (starts laughing)

The woman hung up her phone and started crying even more. She was hurt that he would ever say those words.

She got her car keys and put her jacket on and got in the car. She put the key in the ignition and just sat there.

She thought about it and knew what she had to do.