Police Business | Teen Ink

Police Business

January 20, 2016
By Gump.Shrimp BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin
Gump.Shrimp BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Starring:

Detective Hodges
Detective Phelps
Mrs. Palmer (Widow)
Tony Gorski (Mob Hitman)


(Opens with two men wearing fedoras and suits, and sitting in a diner)

Phelps: I’m telling you Hodges, she killed her husband! There’s just no way he could happen to die a week after the life insurance policy was put down.

Hodges: Phelps, I know it seems likely, but you never know with these things. Hell, it could have been the mob, Mr. Palmer had a lot of enemies you know.

Phelps: Alright, I’ll keep an open mind. She’ll be here any minute for the interview.

(Mrs. Palmer walks into the diner, her head is down and she still seems to be shaken by her husband’s death)

Phelps: Hello, Mrs. Palmer. Just sit right here and we’ll get into the interview.

Hodges: How are you feeling Mrs. Palmer? Are you alright?

Mrs Palmer: Yes….I….I feel fine. I just can’t stop thinking about my husband, is all.

(They all sit at a booth in the corner of the diner)

Phelps: So, Mrs. Palmer, would you say your husband had any enemies?

Mrs. Palmer: I mean, being a wealthy man, I’m sure other people would have wanted that money for themselves.

Phelps: Like you, Mrs. Palmer? Is that why you married him, for his wealth? Is that why you killed him too!?

Hodges: Calm down Phelps, sit down, the woman is going through a tough time for Christ sake!

Phelps: No Hodges, I’m the man to get to the bottom of this.


(A man steps into the diner. He is heavier than most men, but he wears an all black suit)

(The man sits at the booth with the detectives and Mrs. Palmer)

Phelps: Who the hell are you? Get out, this is police business.

Gorski: Well, you see detectives, this is my business, just like it is yours.

Hodges: If you’ve got a point, make it.

Gorski: Well, I work for certain…..people…...who like to make other people go away.

Phelps: Are you saying that you……

Hodges: Phelps he’s got a gun!

(Gorski stands up at the booth and shoots hodges in the chest)

(Phelps shoots gorski in the head)

(Mrs. Palmer is laying down in the booth, sobbing, she just can’t catch a break)

Phelps: SOMEONE CALL THE STATION, WE NEED AN AMBULANCE!!!


THE END


(Also, Hodges didn’t make it ;-;)


The author's comments:

A drama about two cops on a break.