Big Trouble | Teen Ink

Big Trouble

June 1, 2015
By Celina Farin BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin
Celina Farin BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Steve: I have to talk to you right now. (Steve slams classroom door behind Candice)
Candice: What’s going on, Steve? (Candice crosses her arms across her chest)
Steve: Something’s...wrong.
Candice: Is that why you forced me to sneak back into the school after closing time? What’s gotten into you Steve-
Steve: Candice you have to believe me, it wasn’t my fault!
Candice: What wasn’t your fault?
Steve: (Paces the room) I just wanted to give her a little scare, I didn’t think this would happen-
Candice: Steve, enough mumbling just tell me what the hell is going on!
Steve: She’s dead Candice!
(break of silence)
Candice: Who’s dead?
Steve: (sniffles) Ms. Thompson
Candice: (gasps) You killed Ms. Thompson?! (begins to back away towards door)
Steve: No! Candice, it was an accident! She gave me a D on the paper the other day, so I thought it would be kind of funny to give her a little scare so I hid behind her desk after school and then jumped out as she walked in, I didn’t think it’d cause her to have a heart attack!
Candice: (mumbles to herself) Oh my god...oh my god, Steve you’re such an idiot! What were you thinking? Scaring a 72 year old teacher like that?
Steve: I didn’t know she had a heart condition!
Candice: It doesn’t matter! She is 72!!
Steve: Candice, you gotta help me. What do I do?
Candice: What do you mean what do you do? I hope you called the police.
(silence)
Candice: Oh my god, you didn’t call the police.
Steve: I was panicking, Candice!
Candice: Well if you didn’t call the police...(moment of silence)...Steve, where is she?
Steve: (raises a shaky finger, pointing to closet) I hid her body in the closet-
Candice: Steve!!
Steve: I didn’t want the janitor to find her, they would check the security cameras and know it was me! I had to!
Candice: Well we can’t just leave her there! We have to call the police (reaches for her phone)
Steve: Candice no! (snatches phone away) you’re part of this whole thing now too! If you call, both of us will get in trouble. You have to help me.
Candice: Help you what?
(break of silence)
Steve: You have to help me bury the body.