The Good and Bad | Teen Ink

The Good and Bad

June 4, 2015
By Catness BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin
Catness BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin
4 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you-Dr. Seuss


Characters:
Catness-The daughter
Michael- The father of Catness
Blaze-Michael’s younger step-brother
Situation:
Blaze blames Catness for his divorce and wants her to pay for it.  Michael gets angry at his step-brother and tells him to never come to his house again and also never to talk to him again.  But he’ll come back later to get revenge.

                                                  The Good and Bad
                                                   


                                                      PART ONE
Enter Michael and Blaze onto the stage.  Blaze is fuming angry from not getting what he wants.  Blaze is near the door while Michael is coming down the stairs, chasing after him.
                                                         Michael
Brother, please just talk with me, we can work something out together!
                                                          Blaze
No, just leave me alone!  And keep that thing that you call a daughter away from me!
                          (Glares at Catness with a ton of hate in his eyes.)
                                                        Catness
      (Glares right back at Blaze and walks towards her father to stand next to him.)
It’s not my fault that you're wife hates you for being you!  And it’s not my fault that you cheated on her!”
            (Starts to walk towards Blaze but is stopped by her father.)
                                                        Michael
Catness, just go to your room I’ll take care of this
             (Pushes her slightly on the back to make her go to her room)
                                                        Catness
But dad I can-
                                                         Michael
Catness.  Go to your room or else.
                                                        Narrator
Catness starts to speak again but the look she gets from her father shuts her up right away.  Catness walks off the set but gives Blaze one more hateful glare before she leaves.
                                                          Blaze
Did you see what that brat did to me!  Michael do something about that brat’s behavior or I swear I’ll-
                                                        Michael
Or what Blaze?  What on earth could you possible do to hurt my daughter.
    (Takes a couple of steps backward to gesture to the dozens of soldiers that were on guard.)
You and I both know that when I snap my fingers they all will protect my daughter and I, no matter who it is that try and harm my family.
(Blaze takes a step back from his half-brother and the soldiers.  He is now very close to the door)
                                                       Blaze
Now hold on a minute
                                           (raises arms up slowly)
You wouldn't do that to you're own brother now.  Would you?
                                                    Michael
                               (Grins slyly)
Do you really think you know me that well brother?
                                                   Narrator
Blaze’s face goes pale from what Michael had said and exit through the door.  Michael walks off stage as the stage goes dark.  The stage lights to show Catness sleeping on a small bed in the moonlight.
                                            
                                                 Part Two

                                                Unknown Man 1
Sir are you sure about doing this?”
                      (comes onto stage slowly and quietly)
                                                 Unknown Man 2
Of course I am, you imbecile!  This is what I have to do
                                                 Unknown Man 1
Then why do you have me here with you?
                                                  Unknown Man 2
If we get caught then I’ll run away and you distract the guards.
                                                  Unknown Man 1
               (looks surprised but then gets angry at Unknown Man 2)
I am not doing that Blaze!  No way on earth am I gonna get the beat down while you get out scratch free.  I’m going!
                          (leaves the stage angrily.)
                                                        Blaze
       (watches the man walk away but looks back at Catness as she is sleeping away)
Oh my dear little Catness, you really shouldn't have told my wife what I did.  It wasn't even your business to do so.  Now you have to pay for it, my dear.
         (Pulls out a knife from his jacket and steps closer to Catness and her bed)
                                                       Narrator
Blaze steps closer and closer to the bed and starts to lift up the blanket.  What he finds underneath the covers makes him drop the knife he was holding.  He steps back from the bed in fear from the person who was rising up from the bed.
                                                        Blaze
What are you doing here?
                                                      Michael
Same to you Blaze.
               (Slowly gets up from the bed and walks towards Blaze)
Now I know that you're angry and that you want Catness to pay for what happened but that doesn't mean that you can kill my Daughter!
    (Raises hand and snaps his fingers.  Soldiers come into the room and the lights on stage brighten)
                                 Narrator
The soldiers that came into the room handcuffed Blaze and started to take him out of the room.
                                                        Blaze
                          (Blaze begins to struggle)
Brother you can’t do this to me!  You don’t even have any proof that I did this!
                                                     Michael
Oh my dear brother, I’m afraid that you're wrong.
              (Takes out a handkerchief out from his pocket, bends down to get something, and stands back up, holding up the knife that Blaze had)
And we also have some cameras in here along with the fact that you're partner is willingly to go against you when we have the trial.
                                                       Blaze
       (face starts to go pale from fear as he is being taken out of the room)
I’ll get you back one day!
                                                    Narrator
Blaze and the soldiers exit the stage as Catness walks onto the stage and stands next to Michael.
                                                   Catness
Is he gone dad?
                                                    Michael
Yes Catness he’s gone.  He won’t hurt you anymore.
                                                     Catness
Good.  Shall we go to bed now?
                                                    Michael
Yea...let’s go to bed.


                                                   The End
 


The author's comments:

I know the character's name is Catness like my name but...it's not me.