Goodbye Tess | Teen Ink

Goodbye Tess

By Teacup BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin
Teacup BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin

When words fail, Music speaks.

Goodbye Tess

(Tess is laying on her stomach doing homework in the classroom)

Tess: I had a feeling you would be mad at me.
Alice: What are you talking about? I'm not mad. (smiles)
Tess: Yes, you are Alice. I don't kno-

(Alice sits down by her)

Alice: I am not mad just confused. I thought you were gonna be different from all those other freshman and you didn't even return any of my texts over break. I am tired of caring more about people than they care about me. So, yeah I may be a wee bit mad.
Tess: I am different, but I've just been focusing on school a lot. Y’know get the grades up so my mom won't be on my a--.
Alice: No, Tess you aren't. You aren't the girl I used to know in middle school! All you do is smoke pot and focus on your new girlfriend and you don't care about me anymore even though I was here from the beginning.
Tess: No, Alice, I am focusing on school  and when I'm with someone they are my priority my friends come after.
Alice: That is messed up. Wow. Just wow tess. I can't believe this. If my friends needs me i will cancel them for Dan. Don't you know the saying ovaries before brovaries? And this is the first time you were doing you're homework. You're mom is making you leave Austin High School for a reason!
Tess: You are just jealous because you know if I wasn't with kiarah I would spend more time with you!
Alice:No, that isn't what it is. The way you are changing and your priorities are messed up. Since i knew you longer I just thought I would mean something. I just should give up on the idea of talking when you leave shouldn’t I?
tess: No we will I mean I will try. I don't know I am cutting a lot of people off when I leave.
Alice: Great I hope you have fun all I know I just can't do this friendship there is too much drama.
Mr.Domani: Alice can you please go print these in the staffs room?
Alice: Yeah. (Gives Tess a dirty look)

(Cafeteria)

KIarah: Hey! I heard you were b------’ too tess about me and her? What is yo issue do you want my girl?
Alice: No, I don't want “yo” girl (laughs). I am just tired of being her second choice. I am just simply done with the friendship and I made that clear.
Kiarah: Good because she don't need no loser like you!
(Tess comes around corner to get kiarah away)
Tess: Come on kiarah this isn't worth our time. (looks too alice) I'm sorry for everything my priorities are just different than yours.
Alice: okay.. (walks away)

The ending of a old but distant friendship.