Either way, you die | Teen Ink

Either way, you die

November 30, 2014
By Listenntomusiceveryday PLATINUM, Cypress, Texas
Listenntomusiceveryday PLATINUM, Cypress, Texas
23 articles 0 photos 12 comments

Favorite Quote:
"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields, and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills, we shall never surrender."
-Winston Churchill


Never trust anyone. Nothing and anything is possible inside the human mind. Don't talk. Keep your head down and question others. Use Google over Bing. Stay away from fire. If you cry every second of everyday for a year you've learned how to cry. Eat. Sleep. Breathe. Be normal. Tell people what you think. Don't be afraid. Die. Live. Fly. Swim. Drown. "Learn how to love and forget how to hate" Ozzy Osbourne. Be afraid. Hug trees. Be odd. Don't be yourself. Try to be someone else for a day. Wear green. Take baths. Take showers. If you tie yourself down you die. If you let yourself go you die.

  These are my morals, and, yes I do know that they contradict each other. I don't care. My name is Baden. I am a girl. Although you probably couldn't tell by looking at me. Tomorrow I start my first day at a fancy boarding school where I don't belong. I'm sixteen. I'm starting my Senior year. I skipped a grade. Yay. Fun, happy times. I met my roommate yesterday. It went a little something like this:
 
   {"Hi! I'm Davy! You're Baden you're new! Oh my god! Oh my god I'm so excited to finally have a new roommate!!!!"
   "Umm yeah. I'm Baden, I take it you're not new here."
    "Oh yeah," as she says this she lays on the floor and pulls her feet to her nose. " I've been here since the 6th grade, and my roommate has always been Linda. Oh my god I hate her so much. Oh you don't want to hear about me," as she says this she brings her nose down to her feet. "I bet you want to here about the teachers here."
    "Umm yeah, I guess."
     "You say umm a lot my daddy told me that's not good for you, then again he told me I had diabetes because I ate dirt once when I was three. I have diabetes by he way. So anyway teachers, yeah.
      "Prof Serena teaches math and Prof Danielle teaches writing. They're pretty standard teachers. Coach Jays is gym and he can be a little hard. He's alright though. Prof Phillip or Phils is what everyone calls him, has only been here a year but is really strict. He teaches science."
  "What about history? Who teaches that?"
   "Well," for once Davy actually stands up, she blushes so hard she looks like tomato. "Prof Shawn teaches that. He's in his twenties and well" she blushes harder, I'm afraid she's going to explode. "All the girls and half the guys want to make out with him. Once five or six girls tackled him all at once, and tried to like do it with him on the spot. But somehow he got away."
   "Wow. And I thought the girls at public school were crazy."
    Davy blushes such a deep shade of maroon she could be the new Texas A&M mascot. "I-I was one of the girls."}
 
  Well I guess you learn something new everyday. Anyway, I'm not worried about Prof Shawn. I'm more worried about how I'm supposed to keep up with all of my school work.
All the girls here are really smart. I, well I don't know, it's been so long since I've really tried.
I sigh and take my earbuds out and close my book. It's 2:00am and Davy is fast asleep on her bed across the room. I wish I could be like her, so carefree. Don't need any pills to go to sleep. I sigh again. I shut my eyes. Sleep I tell myself. But I doubt I will.
  And I don't.