Misunderstandings | Teen Ink

Misunderstandings

By Regoneth SILVER, Ilford, Other
Regoneth SILVER, Ilford, Other

“Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cake hole.” - Dean Winchester, Supernatural.

FADE IN:
CAST-
RILEY- A WOMAN IN HER TWENTIES. QUITE TALL. BLONDE HAIR, BLUE EYES. SHE IS A KIND PERSON WHO IS SERIOUS WHEN NEED BE. SHE HAS A SHORT TEMPER AND IS ALSO VERY EMOTIONAL.
AIDEN- A MAN IN HIS MID-TWENTIES. TALL AND SKINNY. BROWN HAIR, GREEN EYES. VERY CLEVER BUT IS ALSO VERY CLUMSY IN HIS ACTIONS. HE ATTRACTS TROUBLE EVERYWHERE. HE WEARS SMART GLASSES with black rims.
Day- RILEY and AIDEN are both fuming. AIDEN is the reason behind the fight so he is trying to calm RILEY down. They are standing in a bedroom with light blue walls. Objects have been thrown around the place- clearly the current argument had been violent a few minutes ago. The curtains are open. There is a vase shattered on the floor. RILEY is under the impression that AIDEN has cheated on her again with the woman in the jewelery shop. RILEY and AIDEN have been together for 4 years. The argument is at breaking point and Riley is urging AIDEN to leave but he is trying to explain himself.
RILEY
Get out.
AIDEN
Come on Ri, we can figure this out.
RILEY
Aiden. I said GET OUT.
AIDEN
But-
RILEY
GET OUT AIDEN. I WON’T TELL YOU AGAIN.
AIDEN
It wasn’t my fault Riley. Just hear me out.
RILEY
(Screaming)How was this not your fault Aiden? I have seen you with her time and time again! (Breathes heavily. Lowers her voice)This is not the first time we’ve had this argument. You know it. You always apologise then you do it again. I don’t want to hear any of it. Not now. Not ever. I don’t want to be hurt by you (emphasises)AGAIN! I hate you!!!!
AIDEN
Last time I said sorry Riley, I meant it. You know I’m not a person to apologise often. You, out of all people should know that. You know what? You’ve also done this to me before so I don’t know why you’re so worked up about it! You’re so…
RILEY
I’M SO WHAT? I’ve done this to you only once! And I’ve NEVER EVER done it again! I’m not like YOU Aiden.
AIDEN
I’ve hurt you twice Riley and I take responsibility for it. I’m ashamed of those times. (Voice low)I promised never to do it again. I haven’t and I won’t.
RILEY
DON’T LIE TO ME! I saw you with her today. You haven’t stopped. And you won’t ever. (TEARS SPRING TO HER EYES)
AIDEN
(Sighs, losing patience. Taps his left foot on the ground.) I’m NOT lying Ri. Please just liste-
RILEY
Get out of my house Aiden, before I do something rash. JUST GET OUT! (She turns and weeps)

AIDEN
(Raises voice) DAMN IT RILEY! WILL YOU JUST HEAR ME OUT? I’VE BEEN TRYING TO TELL YOU SOMETHING!

RILEY
(Her voice is shaky) Two minutes then out! I don’t want to see your face in this house. I’ll drag you out if I have to.
AIDEN
Listen, I went to the jewelery shop where you saw me with and spoke to her today again. I HAD to speak to her ONLY because she works there. Riley, (He gently clasps her shoulders and turns her around) the reason I went to the store was (inhales and closes his eyes)to buy your engagement ring…
RILEY
What? (She wipes her tears and looKs quite confused)I don’t understand.
AIDEN
(Breathes out)I went to the store to buy a ring I ordered because today was the day I was going to take you by the river and propose to you. She was the one that was told to get my order so she had to talk to me. Look. I- (sighs)We didn’t- (Slides his hand through his hair and pauses) What I’m trying to say is I’m in love you and I want to marry you. I love you, not her.
RILEY
(Sniffs and wipes away some tears. She whispers. Shen is very surprised to hear this)Oh. Umm… (Her lips tremble. She gulps and starts bawling again loudly) Sorry Aiden. I shouldn’t have…
AIDEN
(He says softly) Hey… (He moves her hands away from her face)Don’t cry. (He bites his lip in thought)Wait here a second Ri please. I’ll be right back.

AIDEN walks out of the room for a few seconds. He comes back in with a small box covered in soft red felt. AIDEN crouches down before RILEY and grasps one of her trembling hands. He opens the box revealing a beatiful, shimmering diamond ring.
AIDEN
(whispers)Riley Cambern will you do me the honour of taking my hand in marriage?
RILEY
(She smiles and cries at the same time)Yes! Definitely! I love you! I’m sorry Aiden. (She looks up guiltily)
RILEY throws herself at AIDEN as he takes her into his embrace. He strokes her hair as she cries and apologises for her assumptions. Aiden shakes his head and sighs in relief.
RILEY
S-sorry… I thought that… Please forgive me…
AIDEN
(He chuckles)It’s ok. Just trust me a bit more and LISTEN to me Ri. (He jokes) I love you but sometimes you’re a pain in the ass. You’ve always been a pessimist.
RILEY
(Still whispering. Smacks his head playfully) Shut up. (She smiles)I love you too.

FADE OUT:
THE END

It's not the best but it's something.I was bored so I decided to write something and it ended up being this.