Silent Fae | Teen Ink

Silent Fae

By Chero8p PLATINUM, Brooklyn Center, Minnesota
Chero8p PLATINUM, Brooklyn Center, Minnesota

Silent Fae

Characters

Keira- Big sister, 18 years old

Lewis-Little brother, 8 years old

Fairy 1-kinder one
Fairy 2-judgmental one

Aly- family friend and Keira girlfriend, 19 years old

Butch-Family Dog
A little Girl- a sick girl

Part 1

Narrator
[The play begins on the date of April 12th, 2017; with a house full of people moving around like ants loud hum of chatter all around not one soul silent. The party has only been going on for 2 hours and people keep coming as fast as they go; not one beat was missed by their dog Butch picking up any scrap that had fallen. Keira yelling to her little brother to get some more napkins, all you could hear is the dog’s foot steps galloping across the wood floor to where food had splattered on the ground.]

Notice: This Play is on a revolving floor to hold a few sets at once.

Keira
Lewis, get some napkins, I spilt again… Lewis!

[Barely over the hum of the noise around them, Lewis yelled back in response]

Lewis

Okay! Let me get some more chips first! [He murmured]

[4 minutes later]

Keira
Lewis! Where are you!?

[Just flying around the corner]
Lewis
Right here, sheesh. Why couldn’t you get it yourself? [He complained]

Keira
Why do you think?? We don’t need Butch eating anything else of the floor that I’m sure our family already fed him. Bad enough he has the runs. [She snapped back at him]

Lewis
[Sighing] Okay I’ll help.

Keira
Thanks. Keep Butch there I’ll get some wet ones.

[Suddenly everything at exactly 2:49pm the house grew dead; not even the dog made a stir.]

Keira
Uh… this is weird..

Lewis
Um…Keira? Butch isn’t moving.. He’s breathing, but isn’t moving… what’s going on??!? [Worry fills his voice with each word]

Keira
Don’t leave this room. Stay right here no matter what happens or what you hear, you stay in this room understood?

[Lewis was too nervous and freaked out to speak; with his big hazel eyes looked up at his sister and nodded. As Keira left the room Lewis quickly rushed to his secret hiding place waiting for his sister to come back. Keira carefully and slowly left the room to figure out what is going on. The moment she stepped out the room she noticed every single person in the house is just the same as Butch.. Rushing back to the room breathless called to her brother]

Keira
Lewis? Everyone is just like Butch…breathing but not moving not even blinking! I’m gonna call Aly are you okay with that?

[Lewis crawls out of hiding still a little shaken]

Lewis
Sure…please figure out what’s going on! Wait…how do you know she’s not frozen too?

Keira
Only one way to find out right..?

[The moment she begins dialing numbers Aly’s number came across the screen]

Keira
Speak of the devil and the devil shall appear?

Aly
Uh.. what? [Slightly confused and freaked she stammered]

Keira
Sorry.. just about to call you I have to ask..

Keira & Aly
Is everyone frozen over there?

[They both nervously laughed and found out everyone except that they know of is frozen. Lewis over hearing the conversation gets very excited and wants to go outside to see; so they planned on meeting up at the Coffee shop to figure out further what’s going on]

Part 2

[4 hours later]

[birds weren’t even chirping, the silence was getting to Keira but Aly helped sooth over the silence with laughter. They stumble upon a weird bright light coming from the local hospital.]

Keira & Aly
[Looking at Lewis] Wanna go in?

Lewis
Yes! Let’s see I bet its someone like us! I wonder what’s going on in there..

Aly
All I know is that light looks weirdly cool and I wanna see what it is, and Hopefully we’ll find out what’s going on here.

Keira
Ya got that right haha [wrapping her arms around her waist]

Fairy 2
Who are you and how are you here?
[Holding her hands out in front of her as if to fire if they say the wrong thing Lewis shyly steps forward towards the odd female floating in front of him]

Lewis
Hi, wow you’re pretty! I’m Lewis this is my sister, Keira and this is her girlfriend, Aly gesturing behind himself

[Suddenly a more average person strolls into the room strucken by the people in front of her]
Fairy 1
Hi there. How are you guys moving? We froze everyone around..

[the second fairy gave fairy one a dirty look before the first one looked back in a reassuring look; seemingly having a full conversation as the kids stood in silence. ]

Fairy 1
It appears to me none of you think or are on the same frequency as most people.. that seems to be the only logical reason you stand before me.

Lewis
What is that supposed to me?!

[Keira grabs her brother pulling him in front of her in a jerking movement]

Keira
Don’t be so rude! She means our brains work differently than most people.

Lewis
Cool!

[Aly finally piped up to speak to these odd creatures that lay in front of them]

Aly
So what’s going on here then? I know you guys froze everyone but why?

Fairy 2
We have a sick girl we are tending too, if we didn’t do this she would have died, she’s way too important for us to die.. not now. She said rudely with a hint of sorrow

Fairy 1
Yes! Come, come! I’ll show you to her, she is very ill so you cant meet her, not yet.

Part 3

Lewis & Aly
Aww! She’s so cute!

Lewis & Keira
How old is she?

Fairy 2
6 in human years

[fairy 1 gave fairy 2 a dirty look after reading Lewis and Aly’s mind]

Fairy 1
You see we’re fairy’s, we can do many things that humans can not we are not as young as we look either. We can read minds, freeze time and people and many other things to protect our kind. She is one of our youngest and almost last Fae left.

Keira
Oh.. so do you know if we have anything to do with Faes? Ya know.. seen we are on a different frequency ?

Fairy 2
I highly doubt it she snorted there are many people like you doesn’t mean you’re too special.

Fairy 1
Be nice!

Lewis
Chuckles anything we can help? I kinda miss my parents..

Fairy 1
Sorry.. right now, no. not til we figure out how to boost her health honey.

[Suddenly the little girls monitor started going crazy. The fairies were in the room in a blink of an eyes as the kids rush through the doors Keira steps forth to help out as much as she can]

Keira
I can help!

Fairy 2
No! stay back! She growls shoving Keira back

[Grabbing her shoulder shoving her back a light bright light shot out of her palm shoving Fairy 2 backwards to the wall as Keira runs to the girl placing her hand on her head and stomach]
Keira
i.. I don’t know what I’m doing but I know it can help, I don’t know how I just know!
[not long after the monitors stopped freaking out and the little girl started coughing softly opening her eyes]

Lewis & Aly
Keira! You did it!

Both Fairies
Dumbfounded how’d you do that!?

Keira
Shrugging not sure.. I’ve done it before not sure what I did though all I know is that I can save some lives.

Fairy 1
Hugging keira Thank you! Maybe you could be a bit fae.. I only know a few rare faes that are able to do that.. you sure are a merical worker! Thank you again!

Fairy 2
I guess since she’s gonna be fine now we can get these kids out of here and unfreeze everybody.

Aly
Kissing and hugging Keira You’re a life saver.

Lewis
You saved her! Wait til I tell mom and dad!

[2 hours later they are all home as if nothing ever happened]

Lights Dim and Cast leaves the stage