Twisted Sisters | Teen Ink

Twisted Sisters

January 31, 2013
By emilena17 SILVER, Cropseyville, New York
emilena17 SILVER, Cropseyville, New York
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
I always have to be writing.
Taylor Swift


Cast

Candace: 17-year-old tomboy who loves to read. She does really well in school, but she doesn’t have much of a social life. She has a huge crush on her friend Lucas, but she is too afraid to tell him.
Chloe: 17-year-old popular girl. Her favorite sport is cheerleading, and she believes that beauty is everything. Her boyfriend is on the football team and is a complete jerk. Social life is everything to her, and she doesn’t care about school.
Lee: 18 years old. He does okay in school. He thinks everyone should live life to the fullest. He wants Lucas to tell Candy about his feelings toward her.
Lucas: 17 years old. He loves going to school. He really likes Candy but is too afraid to tell her.
Alexis: 18 years old. Candy’s best friend. She is very caring. She dresses like a girl, but she is not over the top like Chloe.
Josh: Football player, dating Chloe. Doesn’t care about school. He is really mean to Candy and Lucas.






Opens up to Candace and Chloe waking up for their first day of senior year. Scene switches from Candace to Chloe.
CANDACE:
(Putting her shoes on)
So I have a twin sister, Chloe, and I love her, but I hate that she is Miss Popular. I mean, I hate that she cares more about how she looks and her cheer routines than schoolwork and her classes.
CHLOE:
(Putting her high heels on)
So I have a twin sister named Candy, and I love her, but I hate that she is such a nerd and a tomboy. I mean, come on, she rides a skateboard to school even though she has a license. Can you say lame?
CANDACE:
(Putting her hair into a ponytail)
My goal this year is to make Chloe pay more attention to school.
CHLOE:
(Curling her hair)
My goal this year is to make Candy a cheerleader and hope that she will ditch the tomboy look.
School hallway- Lucas is at his locker. Lee walks up to Lucas.
LEE:
(Pats Lucas on the shoulder)
Well, Lucas, it’s our last year of high school, so please tell me you are going to tell Candy you like her.
LUCAS:
(Puts a picture of his friends in his locker)
I might tell her, but probably not, Lee.
LEE:
Why not, dude? You have to tell her, or you will regret it.
LUCAS:
(Turns to look at Lee)
Or maybe if I tell her, she will reject me, and then I will be humiliated.
LEE:
Do you really think Candy would reject you?
LUCAS:
Yes. She is way too good for me anyway.
(Walks away from Lee)
Chloe and Candace are walking into a classroom after seeing Lucas in the hallway.
CANDACE:
(Overly happy)
Is it just me, or has Lucas gotten hotter?
Chloe:
(Sounding bored)
It’s just you ,and if you like him so much, why don’t you just tell him?
Candace:
(Sounding depressed)
Because I know he won’t like me back. I mean who would want to date me when I have you for a sister?
CHLOE:
(Voice gets high because she is finally interested)
Are you trying to say no one will like you because I’m so pretty?
CANDACE:
(Getting angry)
Yes, and you are Miss Popular and a perfect princess, and it is impossible to even be noticed with you around me all the time.
Candace leaves the classroom and runs to the bathroom. Alexis sees Candace go into the bathroom so she follows her.
ALEXIS:
(Very sympathetic)
Candy, honey. What’s wrong?
CANDACE:
(Upset)
I told Chloe that I’m not noticed because I have her for a sister.
ALEXIS:
But that’s not true; you are noticed. I know someone that likes you.
CANDACE:
(Sounding excited)
Really, who?
ALEXIS:
Sorry, I can’t tell you, but I can tell you that he is a good friend.
CANDACE:
Is it Lee?
ALEXIS:
(In a sing-song voice)
I can’t tell you.
Alexis walks out of the bathroom and sees Lee and Lucas in the hallway.
ALEXIS:
Lucas, you are so going to kill me.
LEE:
Hey, babe. I love you too.
LUCAS:
(Sounding worried)
What did you do, Alexis?
ALEXIS:
I told Candy that someone liked her and that she was friends with him.
LEE:
(Sarcastic)
Way to go, Lexi!
ALEXIS:
And the worst part is that she thinks it is Lee.
LEE:
(Worried)
But, Lexi, I’m your boyfriend. Why would she think it would be me?
ALEXIS:
Because I haven’t told her that I’m dating you yet.
LUCAS:
(Feeling awkward)
Well, this sounds like a couple’s argument, so I’m going to leave.
ALEXIS:
Whatever, bye, but you have to tell Candy you like her.
LUCAS:
Okay. When I’m ready.
Lucas leaves and bumps into Candy in the hallway
LUCAS:
(Sees that Candy is upset)
Hey, Candy. What’s the matter?
CANDACE:
I yelled at Chloe and told her that no one could possibly like me with her for a sister.
LUCAS:
Candy, that’s not true.
CANDACE:
Don’t tell me you know who likes me too.
LUCAS:
Umm…no.
CANDACE:
Well, I got to get to class. I’m already late.
LUCAS:
Okay. Oh, by the way, is the gang still going out for pizza tonight?
CANDACE:
Yeah, and Chloe is bringing Josh.
LUCAS:
Okay.
CANDACE:
Remember, it’s your turn to drive.
LUCAS:
I will.
At lunch later in the day, Candy, Chloe, Lee, Lucas, Alexis, and Josh are sitting at a lunch table.
LUCAS:
So how are we splitting up to get pizza later?
LEE:
Umm… how about me, Lexi, Josh, and Chloe in my car and you and Candy in your truck.
LUCAS:
Okay.
ALEXIS:
Yeah, Lee, that’s a good idea. Maybe Lucas will finally tell Candy.
CANDACE:
Tell me what?
LUCAS:
(Looking nervous)
Nothing. Candy, I’ll pick you up at seven. I’m going to the library to work.
CHLOE:
(As Lucas walks away)
Can you believe him? It’s only the first day of school, and he’s already worried about work. He’s such a nerd.
CANDACE:
(Defending Lucas)
No, Chloe. He just wants to be successful in life. (Quickly changing the subject) Did anyone else notice that he made tonight sound like a date? Or was it my imagination again?
ALEXIS:
No, he did. Did you want it to be a date?
CANDACE:
Kind of. I’ve really really really liked Lucas since middle school.
JOSH:
You guys would be perfect for each other because you are both nerds and don’t care what you look like. I mean, come on, Candace you look like a walking train wreck.
The bell rings and they all go to class. After Chloe and Candace get home, Candace goes upstairs to pick out the perfect outfit for today.
CANDACE:
What am I going to wear? I have nothing that looks at least a little bit attractive. I so need Chloe help but she’s mad at me.
(Chloe walks in Candace room)
CHLOE:
What are you doing?
CANDACE:
Trying to pick out clothes for tonight, but I can’t find anything.
CHLOE:
(Really excited)
I’ll help you. It’s to impress Lucas, right?
CANDACE:
Thanks and yes. Is it that obvious?
CHLOE:
Yeah, but I don’t think Lucas knows yet. And if he does know,he doesn’t show it.
CANDACE:
Okay.
GIRLS’ MOM:
(From a distance)
Girls, Lucas and Josh are here.
GIRLS:
Okay.
After driving for about five minutes, Candy finally talks because the silence is getting to her.
CANDACE:
So I was thinking about planning a camping trip.
LUCAS:
That sounds like fun. When do you want it to be?
CANDACE:
I was hoping next weekend if everyone is up for it.
LUCAS:
That would be cool.
Lucas pulls his truck into the pizza place. Lee pulls into the parking place next to him. They all walk into the pizza place. They all order then sit around a table.
LUCAS:
(Excited)
Candy, tell everyone about your idea.
CANDACE:
Okay, so guys, I was thinking we should go on a camping trip. We could go into the woods behind my house for the weekend.
LEE:
That sounds epic.
CHLOE:
(Disgusted)
I don’t think so. I don’t like being outside. It’s dirty.
ALEXIS:
(Trying to get the enthusiasm back)
Well, I think it would be fun. I want to go
JOSH:
I’m not going because Chloe isn’t going.
CANDACE:
Well then, it is 4 in and 2 out. So now we can start planning. We will need food and equipment.
LUCAS:
I have two tents, and I’ll ask my mom to pick up some snacks.
CANDACE:
Sounds great.
ALEXIS:
I can bring drinks and things to make s’mores.
LEE:
I’m sure if I ask my dad, he will pick up some food, and I’ll bring coolers to put it in.
CANDACE:
My parents have a bunch of pots and pans that I can use. (Suddenly remembering) They also have camping lamps and a camping grill that might come in handy.
ALEXIS:
Good thinking, Candy. I’m sure if we need anything else we can come back for it.
JOSH:
I think we should head home now. I’m sick of the nerd lovers.
CHLOE:
(Trying to be like Josh)
Yeah, I think that’s a good idea. These people are totally uncool.
Everyone goes home. The next morning Candace is in the kitchen eating a bowl of cereal when Chloe walks in.
CANDACE:
Could you try to be a better sister? It really hurt when you didn’t defend me last night.
CHLOE:
(Defending herself)
If I defended you, my popularity would have gone down.
CANDACE:
(Getting upset)
Maybe you should stop caring about your popularity so much and start caring about the people who love you.
CHLOE:
(On the verge of yelling)
Well, maybe you should get a life and stop being such a loser.
Candace calmly gets up, puts her bowl in the sink, and goes to her bedroom. She gets dressed and then calls Lucas.
LUCAS:
(Happy)
Good morning, Candy!

CANDACE:
(Copying Lucas)
Good morning, Lucas! Can I ask you a favor?
LUCAS:
Sure. What is it?
CANDACE:
Can you drive me to school today?
LUCAS:
Sure. I’m leaving in like 5 minutes, so I’ll be at your house in like 8. Is that okay?
CANDACE:
Yeah, that’s fine.
Candace hangs up the phone then she goes to look at herself in the mirror. After looking at herself for a minute, she begins talking.
CANDACE:
(Quietly to herself)
Why am I such a nerd? I can’t do anything right. Maybe I should ask Chloe to help me tryout for the cheerleading squad. That would help me gain popularity. I should also ask Josh to fix me up with one of his friends. That would also make me popular. I’m tired of being a nerd. I want to be noticed.
Lucas pulls up the driveway, and Candy runs out to meet him.
LUCAS:
Hey, I think you are forgetting something.
CANDACE:
I don’t think so.
LUCAS:
Your book bag?
CANDACE:
Oh yeah, I’ll be right back.
Candace comes back a minute later with her bag this time.
CANDACE:
What would I do without you, Lucas?
LUCAS:
Go insane, like Chloe.
CANDACE:
Probably. Everyone should have a good friend like you.
LUCAS:
Too bad there is only one me.
CANDACE:
Yeah, we should get going. We are going to be late to school.
LUCAS:
Okay. Get in.
Lucas opens the front door for Candace then goes around the front of the truck to get in the drivers’ seat.
LUCAS:
(Thinking to himself)
I can’t believe that I’m friend zoned. I love Candy, and she doesn’t even know it. I can’t tell her now; it would be so embarrassing. She obviously doesn’t feel the same way about me, or I wouldn’t be friend-zoned.
They pull into the school parking lot. Candy sees Chloe and goes to talk to her.
CANDACE:
Hey, Chloe, I have a question for you.
CHLOE:
What is it?
CANDACE:
(Acting like it’s no big deal)
When you get home today, can you teach me some cheerleading moves? I’m going to try out for the squad.
CHLOE:
(Happy)
Really? Yeah, I’ll help you. (Voice getting high) I can’t believe you want to be a cheerleader.
CANDACE:
Chloe, keep your voice down. The whole world doesn’t need to know.
CHLOE:
Yes, they do. (Yells) MY SISTER IS FINALLY BECOMING A GIRL!
CANDACE:
Whatever, Chloe, I’m going to class.
Candace goes into class. Lucas comes in a minute later with a huge smile on his face.
LUCAS:
(Trying not to laugh)
So I heard that you are going to try out for the cheerleading squad.
CANDACE:
Yes,I am. Did Chloe tell you?
LUCAS:
Yeah. She told most of the school.
CANDACE:
(Being sarcastic)
Great. That’s just my luck.

LUCAS:
I’m sure it will be fine, Candy.
CANDACE:
It better be or you are in trouble.
LUCAS:
I will take whatever punishment you give me
The teacher walks in, so Candy and Lucas stop talking. When Candy walks into lunch, Lee is smiling at her, and then they all start laughing.
CANDACE:
What’s so funny?
JOSH:
The thought of a nerd wanting to become a cheerleader. You will never make it, Candy.
CANDACE:
(Becoming upset with Josh)
You know what. I’m going to become a cheerleader just to prove you wrong. It doesn’t matter what my grade point average is. I can be a cheerleader if I want to be one. I am sick of you always putting me down. You seriously need to grow up. We are not in kindergarten anymore Josh.
(She leaves crying and Lucas follows her)
CHLOE:
Josh, you need to be nicer to her. She is my sister, and I love her. I’m done with you and your ego that’s bigger than a house. You need to learn how to treat people. Candace is so much more than a nerd. She is a sweet, caring person. She is the one person in the world that I fully trust.
(She leaves, she sees Candace in the hallway, but stays away because Lucas is hugging Candace and calming her down)
LUCAS:
Candy, are you okay?
CANDACE:
(Crying)
Obviously not, Lucas. I’m tired of being a nobody.
LUCAS:
You are somebody. You have an amazing personality, great grades, inner and outer beauty. I fall more in love with you every time I see you.
CANDACE:
Wait. You love me?
LUCAS:
Yeah, I have ever since I met you, but you friend-zoned me.
CANDACE:
I didn’t friend zone you. I thought you only saw me as Candace the nerd.
LUCAS:
No, I saw you as the beautiful Candace.
CANDACE:
You are an amazing person, Lucas. You could do so much better. Why did you choose me?
LUCAS:
Because to me you are the best. (Lucas leans in really close to kiss Candace. He stops, and she shakes her head yes, giving him permission. Josh suddenly appears next to Chloe. As soon as Lucas and Candace’s lips meet, Josh decides to scream.)
JOSH:
Ew. A nerd kiss. I’m scarred for life.
(Lucas and Candace break apart Chloe comes out of her hiding spot, and Chloe hits Josh. Josh turns away as he holds his cheek in pain.)
CHLOE:
Seriously, Josh. They can be in love; it’s not weird or gross. It’s actually cute, so shut up, Josh.
(Josh walks away)
CANDACE:
Chloe, thanks for sticking up for me.
CHLOE:
You’re welcome. That’s what sisters are for.
The girls go home early. Candace is on Facebook when Chloe walks into the room.
CANDACE:
Hey, Chloe, what’s up?
CHLOE:
I was wondering if I could go on the camping trip this weekend.
CANDACE:
Of course you can. It would be boring without you.
CHLOE:
Thanks.
(Chloe leaves the room)
Scene takes place in the woods after the camping trip. Everyone is tired. Camping things are still out.
CHLOE:
I’m glad I came. That was so much fun.
LEE:
Yeah, it was a blast.
ALEXIS:
We should do this every week.
LUCAS:
I think that’s too much, Lexi.
CANDACE:
Yeah, maybe every other weekend.
(They all laugh, and the credits start rolling)


The author's comments:
My friends really inspired me to write this movie script. they thought it would be nice to have me write a script and they would preform it. I was so happy with the script that I thought more people should have a chance to read it.