Brian Luck | Teen Ink

Brian Luck

January 15, 2019
By TheFearedWonton BRONZE, Oregon City, Oregon
TheFearedWonton BRONZE, Oregon City, Oregon
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

FADE IN:


THE VENETIAN CASINO - NIGHT


Downtown Las Vegas, in the largest and most profitable casino in Vegas, the obvious wealth shines out from the casino and all of its gamblers.


DISSOLVE TO:


THE VENETIAN FLOOR, POKER TABLE - NIGHT


BRIAN LUCK, lifelong poker player turned casino dealer hotshot, 22 years old, white, tall, suave


BRIAN

How’s everyone doing tonight? The game is no limit Texas Hold’em, blinds are 500/1000. Action is to you, sir.


The game continues for a couple minutes, some big plays occur, lots of cheering from the players, some casual conversation.


PLAYER 1

I’m boutta run this table, you guys might as well fold now.


BRIAN (NARRATION)

Well he is bluffing, probably has nothing more than a pair.


Brain continues to deal the rest of the hand Player 1 and multiple other players are all-in.


Player 1 flopped a pair and everybody else had him beat. It is obvious that Brian can read even the most skilled players.

 

THE BACK OFFICE, AFTER CLOSE


Brian is staying late, making sure everything is closed up properly. He is in the back counting chips and returning them to the vault when he hears something in the room.


MANAGEMENT, corrupt, backstabbing, evil.


MANAGEMENT

Total for today is $1.2 Mil, good job boys.


MANAGEMENT (2)

Man this is some good coke, can’t believe this casino is this oblivious to us skimming from the profits to buy and sell this stuff.


MANAGEMENT

Keep your voice down, stupid! Don’t want anyone hearing us.


MANAGEMENT (2)

Were all good boss, most the crew is home for the night.


BRIAN

(whispers)you forgot about me…

 

Management sees Brian spying on them through the security camera and chases after him. After a couple minute chase, Brain is able to hide inside a sauna, in the casino spa, until they pass by.

MANAGEMENT

Seal the doors! Cut the power! This man is not getting away from us. You! Turn on that scrambler so he can’t call the cops!


Brian, running from management, runs through the back kitchen and grabs a knife to defend himself and proceeds to find a good hiding spot. It’s kill, or be killed now.


Management is in a hurry trying to pack up all their drugs, cash, and gear while hunting down Brian to make sure their operation is secure.


Brain, who has a little background in self defense and martial arts, is able to trap, secure, or kill the majority of the Management staff over the next few hours.


Now all that is left is the leader.


Brian

It’s just me and you man, let’s settle this like gentlemen.


Management

Not a chance, I’ve worked too hard and too long to build up my name in this industry. I’m not letting some lowlife dealer mess all that up.


The management leader lunges at Brian with a knife, splitting open his arm.


Brian counterattacks with a punch so hard to the temple that knocks him out cold.


Brain (To himself)

Hmm, easier than I thought. I still need to find a way out though. I wonder if they have some explosives in the back office!

 

Brian finally finds some and is able to bust out of the casino, and call the authorities.

 

THE VENETIAN FLOOR, 6 MONTHS LATER.


BRIAN

How’s everyone doing tonight? The game is no limit Texas Hold’em, blinds are 500/1000. Action is to you sir.


Brian is now wearing a manager nametag, and received a commendation for his heroic acts the previous year.