Beneath the Stars | Teen Ink

Beneath the Stars

April 11, 2009
By jac294 PLATINUM, McMurray, Pennsylvania
jac294 PLATINUM, McMurray, Pennsylvania
24 articles 0 photos 1 comment

"Here we are." She said quietly underneath her breath.
"Here we are." He repeated. Looking around slowly, she saw the beautiful starlit sky. Nothing in the world could ever beat the Milkyway galaxy in southern Illinois.
"It's beautiful." She said, eyes fixated on the moon above.
"Yes." He said, smiling to her. He slowly reached down and grabbed her hand. "Look, Haley. I love you, you know that, and it kills me-"
"I know, i know, I know. Could you just stop, please. I have heard the same old thing from you for weeks upon weeks, but no answers. Nothing."
"I know, I'm stupid, and wrong, but it's for your own good not to know."
"To not know what?" Haley spoke, her eyes piercing into his.
"Nothing." He mumbled. "I got to get out of here."
"Of course you do, just run away when things get rough, just like you always do."
"You don't understand Haley. It's so much bigger than this, than us."
"Fine." Haley quietly said. "I'm done." She mumbled while turning her back to him.
"I love you, Haley." He said placing a hand gently on her shoulder. She felt that familiar chill run up and down her spine.
"I love you." With a single tear running down her face, she turned to him, but no one was there.