Not Bird Poop This Time | Teen Ink

Not Bird Poop This Time

April 2, 2018
By M.De.Anderson SILVER, Upper Marlboro, Maryland
M.De.Anderson SILVER, Upper Marlboro, Maryland
9 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Personal Introspection. First Mountain, then cannon." -me


Splikit!

“Ew, disgusting, mother look!” Yoghu Psegah said while pointing to the white blob that landed on the window. His mother looked quickly to not miss what was happening on the road. “Son you’re a sophomore now, stop acting so childish. It’s just bird feces. Happens all the time.” Yoghu gave a hmph. “Get ready son, we are almost home.”

The car pulled up to the driveway. Mrs. Psegah took her part of the groceries inside while her son struggled to get out. “Come on son, stop fooling around.” She left inside. As Yoghu finally got out and grabbed the bags, he took a glance at the white, swirling liquid upon the window. In an instant, something from the fluid jolted into Yoghu’s nose. He dropped the bags and covered his face as he fell to the ground. He felt the substance quickly moving through his body, and thick, white veins bulge through his dark skin. What... is go-ing on? He thought to himself. He tried to regain his strength and stand up. Then, his wrists were overcome with pain. Directly beneath his palms, a white tube poked out on each wrist, and shot a black liquid onto the ground in front of him. Yoghu was able to stand up after that, but too weakened to move or call for help.

He then saw the black slime on his right side grow vertically and form into a human figure. Its facial cavities were a distinguishable white. “You have five days,” Yoghu was shocked at the voice coming from the figure. It was his voice. Why is it so high pitched? “In five days, I will return to you and we will fight with our powers. We will see if you can beat me by then, that is, if you can even survive the first fight.” Yoghu responded, “First fight?” The figure pointed to the other splat of black on the ground that was slowly forming into a person. “I’ll see you then, then.” The figure started walking, then disappeared. The other finished forming, then said, “Well, are you ready to fight, Yoghu?”


The author's comments:

Based on a true story...in a way.