The Story of This | Teen Ink

The Story of This

A girl who wants to find out about the past, she finds herself stuck in the middle of a rebellion, that no one knows the cause of.

Chapter 1: The beginning of something big

“I am not your imaginative lady. I fight for what I believe in. I don’t wear make-up to hide my scars, I wear it to show power, in fact I demand respect. No, I am not your kind, push-over girl who apologizes for everything. I am me, I will not be meek. I might not say sorry, but I am proud of who I am. I am not your dress-up toy, I am an embodiment of what power means. I hold the power of birth within me. I demand respect, if I ask you will deny. This is why I fight, for the knowledge that all women are and always will be given respect. No matter how high your throne is, or how low I seem to you, I am a female of the world. I fight in hopes of more joining me. I might be covered in the scars of past, I might be ugly, but I am the fire that burns. We are fire joining together to demolish hate. I will never be your polite doll. I am female.”

This speech was given by Hero Maude Evelyn. A woman of power. She lives on the most wanted list of President Arthur Jacob, for “Feeding lies to the honest women around us”. Her name fits for she is a hero, she is my hero.

Hero was born on January 14th, 21904 years past Death day. She had a child named, Adrian Noah Evelyn. The father is unknown. Adrian was killed February 19th 21925, at 1 year of age. The president had her executed, for unknown reasons, she hadn’t started her protest yet. On 21926 the President Arthur Jacob committed his first crime, that started it all.

“The record has been destroyed of this crime.”

I groaned, I had tried for hours to discover what had started this all. I closed the computer, and plopped on my bed. My bed was nothing special red, my favorite color was splattered all over it, it faintly looked like blood. I thought of many different scandals the he could have hidden. My eyes slowly closed, and I drifted off to a dreamless sleep.

Light snuck into my eyes, filling my body with painful energy. I looked at my clock 13 minutes past 17. I lifted my heavy body up, and made my way to my poorly decorated bathroom. The room had black wallpaper that was peeling at the edges, and a cracked mirror, with several shards missing. I opened my bag that was balancing on the edge of the stained sink. I knew what was the truth, women didn’t need make-up, but I didn’t need to be killed for treason today. So, I put my required make-up on, it didn’t make me look any better. I considered that shattered mirror, and what I saw was what I saw every day in everyone else, lifeless eyes spoiled by make-up. My hair was red, as required, red was the color I was given at birth to be my favorite. My lips red, my cheeks tinted red, my eyes brown, the only thing not red. I wore my chosen dress, soaked in red. My dress was all different shades of red, with a black bodice that had red laces. I slipped on red heels. Time for the trial of Mary Kali Burn.

Left…Right…Left…Right…Left, I watched my feet move, and listened to the click of my heels clacking against the ground. My glaze wandered up. The platform was occupied by a woman dressed in white, white hair, though no wrinkles, pale white skin, no spot of color occupied her face except for the pale blue eyes the pierced through my brain. The woman’s mouth was sewn closed with white tread, as tradition. Her dress layered flat against her legs. Mary was guided to the knife, colored white just for her favorite. Then suddenly the white wasn’t white anymore, it was my favorite, it was red.

Chapter Notes:

Kind of weird?

Chapter 2: Another normal, basic day...Wait nevermind

"I said 'I hate math', not I'm bad it"

"Well, they're close enough"

The real question isn't why I'm arguing about something this small and stupid, but why I'm arguing with my hero, since I was three.

I hope you enjoy it!

StarsDisappear, Greensboro, North Carolina
More death comes.

Paintbrush BRONZE, Greensboro, North Carolina

"The person that I now see, is a person who is just like me, well, I mean, they arent just like me, but why should we ever try to be in this place we call reality"

Can’t wait to read more