Back Stories | Teen Ink

Back Stories

November 30, 2017
By CORRUP73D_H34L3R SILVER, Hemet, California
CORRUP73D_H34L3R SILVER, Hemet, California
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Back Stories - The Adventure’s of Eight Dumbasses

Chapter One

Alaka hiccupped and glared at her siblings, her violent pink eyes shone with pain and anger. “SHUT UP! LEAVE ME ALONE!!” She wiped away her tears but more flowed down her cheeks. They laughed at her. “Why don’t you make us!” “I bet you don’t even have powers!” “That’s probably why she has pink eyes!! She’s a powerless mutant!” They laughed harder, their blood red eyes were practically eating her alive. She sobbed and ran away from them, she ran away from her house and deep into the forest. Her tears blinded her and she tripped over a tree root. “AHH!!” She fell on her face and yelped in pain. She slowly pushed herself into a sitting position and started wailing. “G-GRANDPA ABE!!” Alaska's grandpa appeared in front of her. “What is-Alaka!?” When he realized it was his granddaughter he picked her up and tried to calm her down. “What happened? Why are you out here alone?” Alaka sobbed and clung to her grandpa. “Th-they were making fun of me again!” His face hardened and his red eyes glowed. “That’s it. You’re living with me.” He teleported them to his house in Transylvania. He gently set her down on the countertop in the kitchen and wiped her tears. “No more crying, no one will hurt you here..” Alaka sniffled and nodded before hugging him tightly. He smiled softly and hugged back. “Do you want to help me make pie?” Alaka looked up. “My favorite?..” “Of course.” Alaka smiled brightly. “Yay.” The five year old jumped down from the counter and started getting out the ingredients. Her grandpa chuckled and helped.

Two years passed and the small vampire finally started to get her powers. Alaka ran down the hallway and threw open the door to her grandpa’s study. “Grandpa look!!!” She squeezed her eyes shut and slowly lifted off the ground. She floated for about ten seconds before falling. She panted and looked up at her grandpa excitedly. “Did you see!? I did it!!! I have powers!!!” Her grandpa smiled brightly, stood up, then scooped Alaka into his arms. “That’s amazing!! I knew you could do it!” Alaka giggled and hugged him tightly. “I love you, grandpa!” “I love you too, Alaka.” Ever since that day, Alaka trained non stop. She wanted to get stronger, she had to get stronger. When she reached the age of 9 she started getting visions. They started out as brief clips here and there of small events that would happen in the future. By the time she was 11 her visions became more vivid and detailed, they were longer too.. Her grandpa warned her, told her that she was to report everything she saw to him. She didn’t refuse, hoping that everything she saw wouldn’t foretell of something terrible happening. “Alaka!” Alaka blinked and snapped out of her thoughts. She looked over at the blond haired girl sitting next to her. “What? Sorry, I kinda..spaced out.” “I noticed, did you have another vision? Was it something bad?” Kila asked, her blue eyes shining with worry and slight fear. “No, Kila. I was just thinking, i'm sorry i scared you.” Alaka smiled, reassuring Kila that everything was ok. Kila sighed in relief and smiled softly. “OK.. It’s getting pretty late, we should head to bed.” Alaka sighed overdramatically. “Fine. WHatever you want, party pooper!” Kila laughed and playfully punched Alaka's arm. “Shut up.” Alaka giggled.

Alaka stared up at the ceiling while, wide awake, while kila snored softly. She sighed and was about to close her eyes when they suddenly widened and glowed brightly. Her back arched and she gasped for air. When the vision ended she gulped down air and shook Kila awake. “We need to go to my grandpa!! Now! Hurry, get up!” Kila quickly sat up, looking worried and slightly scared. “Whats wrong!? Did you have a vision?” “Ill explain in a second!” She grabbed Kila’s arm and teleported them to her grandpa's room, Alaka shook him awake. “Grandpa I had a vision! A horrifying one!” Alaka panted, trembling slightly. Kila grabbed her hand and rubbed the back of it with her thumb, comforting her. Alaka calmed down slightly and started to tell her grandpa about her vision. “Then eight kids, including Kila and me, summoned a demon.. I-i don’t know which one but blue fire surrounded us.. A-after that it cuts to an image of a person wearing a cloak.. They have their hood up so i couldn't see their face..but they had a staff with an obsidian stone on the top… Th-they scared me the most...all of the power radiating off of them was...suffocating…” Abe’s face paled and he panickedly grabbed Alaka’s shoulders. “Listen closely! There’s..no way..that you can stop yourselves from meeting those other kids.. In fact, I want you to find them as soon as possible. I’ll explain more later but right now I need to do some research…” He turned to Kila, and glared at her seriously. “Watch over her while I’m researching, It is important that you record any visions she has while I’m gone.” Kila blinked and hugged Alaka’s arm. “Y-y-yes sir..” Abe hugged Alaka tightly before teleporting off. Alaka trembled and hugged Kila tightly. “..i'm scared.., i don't want anything to happen to you guys..” Kila hugged back and rubbed Alakas back.. “I-i’m scared too..but..everything will be ok..” “Promise?” “Promise.”


The author's comments:

This is based off of an idea I have for a comic series so some things may change as I develope the story line. This is the back story of one of the characters, I will be posting more later.