Esau Walker

In the year 3103, peace had been restored by choice taht is taken. The United American used to be American, Government passed the ratification of the 41st amendment that prohibits individual choice, extended the power of choice made by Congress, and changed the economy of capitalism to communism. Everyone has a mate, family, job, and life by the decisions of Agents of Congress that make the decisions of each member of the United America with the advantage of computers. The Agents of Congress, the people who work there known as “Agents”, also limits the talents that some members have such as high intellect and strength by making them lower than those citizens that are average. The Agents also exterminates people that are born with amazing talents, who are known as “Freaks” under the Order 901 that was passed by Congress as the first rule of the Agents. The Order 901’s number one goal is to have the lowest of the low to improve without the angst of being looked down and increasing dependence of the people with the government.

Yet, it was a normal life to Issac and Rebekah Walker who are watching the original performance of “Romeo and Juliet” in their little suburban house at Richmond, Virginia. Issac is a mid-30’s man with a ruddy face with a brain-implanted transmitter called a “Radio” that gives a loud sound whenever Issac thinks for more than a minute due to having high intellect than his wife. His wife, in her mid-20’s, has almost everything the Agents would expect from a citizen, except her strength of a ballerina that she had to wear a dress of sand.

“They are doing an amazing job,” Rebekah said while watching.

“Who?” Issac asked.

“The actors.”

“Oh, right.”

The actors, on the other hand, are not doing a perfect job. The actors had to talk in boring, monotone voice while just standing. The females would wear so much make-up that they looked like clowns because of the female looking beautiful. The actors have a hard time to remember any of the lines due to the Agents deciding on what play for the actors to perform with no rehearse, so they have to read the scripts through the play. The male actors, on the other hand, had to wear those extremely tight suits that made them look like a large-sized man trying to fit in extra-small clothes. A sudden ring came into Issac’s mind, a loud police siren, that stopped Issac's train of thought.

“What do you think Jacob will be?” Rebekah asked Issac as she watched the male actors normally walking across the screen.

“Who?”

“Jacob, Issac,” Rebekah answered. She turned to Issac with worry eyes. “Honey, are you ok?”

Noticing the concern in her voice, he turned and looked back at her through his small glasses, “Dear, you know about the Radio.”

“I know,” Rebekah said. “It’s just that….You’re must be tired from that ringing all time.”

“Not really, I just need to not think and it won’t ring,” Issac reassured.

Rebekah turned her place back to the television with a smile. “You know, if I was an Agent, I would have the Radio put on church organ every Sunday. Just to set the religious mood in..”

Issac shocks his head thoughtfully, ignoring the sudden ring of a siren. “I don’t think it works like that. Besides, I kinda used to the ringing since I had it when I was a little lad.”

Rebekah smiled, “I would still be a good Agent no matter what. I wish I was one because they get the most respect out of everyone.”

“Honey,” Issac said as he took Rebekah’s small hands and gave it a little squeeze. “The Agents chooses their members and we have no free will to do what we want. The Agents know what they are doing.”

Rebekah returned Issac’s glance and signed. “I know. Sadly, we will never know what Jacob will be and when the Agents choose what Jacob has, we will never see him again.”

Issac nodded, remembering his oldest son Esau when he was chosen to work as a Janitor of the Nutrition Department, he refused and wanted to work as a Hunter. Yet, the Agents went to this very house and forced Issac and Rebekah to turn in Esau for his violations of a refusal of official order and request of free will. From what they heard of him is that Esau is stuck in a prison far away in a land called “Hawaii” and that Esau was forced to fight against the “Axis of Evil”.

“BEEEEEEEEEPP!!” said the Radio, making some of the actors and Issac winces.

“Oh my,” Rebekah said as she noticed Issac’s wincing. “It must’ve been a loud one, was it?”

Issac nodded and shifted his glance back to the television. Issac suddenly noticed that the play has ended, which means that the Hope Hour is here. The Hope Hour is a program show where the Agents interview the Freaks and would show what they do. It’s a documentary, but the only difference that Issac notices is the lies. The Agents would show in the end of the Freaks that return to their families, parents crying tears of joy, the Freak smiling, the Agent in his clean doctor-like coat smiling at the family. “It’s all a lie.” Issac thinks just in time for the Radio, this time sounded like an automobile collision.

Breaking news suddenly came in just as when the reporter, who has serious autism, was about to begin his documentary. The reporter, a man this time, was trying to read the first sentence, “Ladies….and….Gentle…Umm, Gentleman…No, Gentle...Mend.” Then the reporter gave up and gave the paper to one of the cameramen.

“That’s okay,” Rebekah said as if she was talking to the reporter. “He tried his very best. The effort is better than skill, he deserves a good pay for trying his best.”

The cameraman looked at the papers and said, “Ladies and Gentlemen, we have some urgent news to inform you. Esau (Last Name) has escaped prison from Hawaii yesterday. No specific location he is at now, but he is a mastermind, a strong hunter, but a rebel against our law. Officials believe that he is planning to overthrown the government by gathering all the Freaks that are treated “unfairly.”

Issac smiled, knowing that his son is a genius in his plans, but is naive in some ways. The Freaks has been hated ever since the ending of the Third World War that was caused by confusion, free will, and inequality. Although the Freaks are powerful and considered dangerous, the Freaks doesn’t trust nor deal with any alliances with those that are equal, which are known as the “In the year 3103, peace had been restored by choice. The United American used to be American, Government passed the ratification of the 41st amendment that prohibits individual choice, extended the power of choice made by Congress, and changed the economy of capitalism to communism. Everyone has a mate, family, job, and life by the decisions of Agents of Congress that make the decisions of each member of the United America with the advantage of computers. The Agents of Congress, the people who work there known as “Agents”, also limits the talents that some members have such as high intellect and strength by making them lower than those citizens that are average. The Agents also exterminates people that are born with amazing talents, who are known as “Freaks” under the Order 901 that was passed by Congress as the first rule of the Agents. The Order 901’s number one goal is to have the lowest of the low to improve without the angst of being looked down and increasing dependence of the people with the government.

Yet, it was a normal life to Issac and Rebekah Walker who are watching the original performance of “Romeo and Juliet” in their little suburban house. Issac is a mid-30’s man with a ruddy face with a brain-implanted transmitter called a “Radio” that gives a loud sound whenever Issac thinks for more than a minute due to having high intellect than his wife. His wife, in her mid-20’s, has almost everything the Agents would expect from a citizen, except her strength of a ballerina that she had to wear a dress of sand.

“Who?” Issac asked.

“The actors.”

“Oh, right.”

“Who?”

Issac nodded, remembering his 19-year-old son Esau who was chosen to work as a Janitor of the Nutrition Department, he refused and wanted to work as a Hunter. Yet, the Agents went to this very house and forced Issac and Rebekah to turn in Esau for his violations of a refusal of official order and request of free will. From what they heard of him is that Esau is stuck in a prison far away in a land called “Hawaii” and that Esau was forced to fight against the “Axis of Evil”.

Issac nodded and shifted his glance back to the television. Issac suddenly noticed that the play has ended, which means that the Hope Hour is here. The Hope Hour is a program show where the Agents interview the Freaks and would show what they do. It’s a documentary, but the only difference that Issac notices is the lies. The Agents would show in the end of the Freaks that return to their families, parents crying tears of joy, the Freak smiling through tears, the Agent in his clean doctor-like coat smiling at the family. “It’s all a lie.” Issac thinks just in time for the Radio, this time sounded like an automobile collision.

Issac smiled, knowing that his son is a genius in his plans, but is naive in some ways. The Freaks has been hated ever since the ending of the Third World War that was caused by confusion, free will, and inequality. Although the Freaks are powerful and considered dangerous, the Freaks doesn’t trust nor deal with any alliances with those that are equal, which are known as the “Dullies” for being equal and dull. ” for being equal and dull. Issac, Rebekah and their youngest son Jacob are Dullies, but Esau is considered a “Serpent” that is a rebel against the Government.

“Dad?” A young voice called from the stairs. Issac and Rebekah turned to see their younger son Jacob in his school clothes of a white long sleeve shirt, black pants, polished church shoes and has his hair cut shaved from Rebekah. Jacob is two years younger than Esau and hasn’t got his restrictions yet because of a past accident that almost exposed the corruption of the government, but the previous President managed to convince Congress to amend the 41st amendment that relinquishes any children that were in restrictions. The newly revised amendment also ruled that at the age of 19, all young adults that graduated from school would receive their restrictions.

“Not now Jacob,” Issac said in a small voice. “We need to watch the news.”

Jacob went silent, placed his backpack near the door and sat next to his parents to see what is going on. Jacob may have high intelligence than his parents and brother, but he never wanted anything except having a good life. Although he would have to wear a Radio like his father, but that’s fine for Jacob as long as he gets to achieve his American dream.

“Officials believed that Esau is around Washington D.C,” The cameraman said, reading the sheet of paper. “ If you see this man, do not, I repeat, do not attack or try to persuade him.” A picture of Esau appeared on the right side of the screen. Esau, according to his prison pictures that took his face front, side, back and top that he looked like Easter and Halloween at the same time. He is now seven and a half feet tall, has the body of an athlete with huge pads of ununseptium that looked not fashion, but it was necessary for the Agents since Esau would grow stronger from each pad the Agents had and even think of until the ununseptium pads that slowed Esau’s growth of muscles. Esau had black long, slick black hair which was dyed pink so that girls won’t feel like the cat dragged in an obstacle. Esau had gigantic glasses that has the least sharpness ever so that it will make Esau blind. Esau has clown mashup and a red ball for the nose because Esau was strikingly handsome in a red-neck way. The make-up made him look humorous because he was frowning in the pictures which the makeup made a smile for his mouth.

“Esau Walker is considered armed and extremely dangerous,” said the cameraman. “Call the police if you see this man.”

At that moment, a girl scream came out of view and the screen started to shake as if an earthquake was happening at New York City which is rare. Jacob, noticing the earthquake was the first one out of thousand televisions that are watching this play exclaimed, “On no. It’s Esau!” Issac realized that what Jacob said after thinking of what was the earthquake till the sound of an explosion pounded his head. Issac closed his eyes when he sounds occurred, and all he could hear was breathing. As Jacob open his eyes, he saw a living and breathing Esau Walker on the screen. He seemed to be at the center of the stage while reporters, actors, audience, and managers kneeling on the ground, waiting to die.

“I’m the Dictator!” Esau roared, that shocked the whole building. “I am the greatest human being ever lived. As I stand beaten and weaken, I will forever stand as your ruler!”

Esau tore away the pads which ripped like crackers that settled on the wooden ground that groaned because of the heaviness. Esau, with a towel in one hand, wiped his face away from the make-up. Esau then tossed the towel to the ground and pulled out scissors from his pocket and cut all of his pink hair that left him bald. As Esau removed the ball from his nose, there appeared a man that would be made Ares, the Greek god of the war, extremely jealous.

“My bride, come forward!” Esau roared. “For you will be my Empress for your dedication!”

Everyone went still till a female actor, who was supposed to be Juliet, stand up and danced towards Esau. Esau removed all the metal pads that the actor had since she was the strongest of the female actors and Esau delicately removed the mask. The woman was powerfully beautiful.

“Now,” Esau said in a gentle voice. “Shall we show the people the true definition of music?”

Esau turned to the orchestra and tore apart all the restrictions each musician had and answered in a fatherly tone, “Play your best, or you will know how bones break.”

The musicians, nervous, started and the music sounded like it was played by a child: silly, dull, and unprofessional. Esau took up one of the violinists and threw him across the stage to one of the walls at the entrance and roared for the song that he wants. At that moment, the music played was improved and Esau listened as if he was the audience itself. As a minute pass by, Esau went back to his bride and grasped her hand gentle and is ready to lift her off the ground as if she was weightless. And they danced. Esau would dance with his bride around and around so fast that was almost like a tornado in the Great Plains. Esau then threw her in the air as she spins as if she wants to kiss the ceiling. But when as Esau threw her, the girl was floating in the air spinning endlessly. Esau jumped, joining her in a dance of love as their love for each other breaks the Newton’s Laws of Motion. Yet, as they danced like a newly wedded couple, they kissed in the air for a long time. The exit door broke open and the Leader of the Agents, Dr. Daniel Isadore, came in with a Beretta 9 and with two shots, the Dictator and Empress fell instantly to the ground, dead. Then Isadore turned his aim to the musicians and ordered that they have 30 seconds to put back on their restrictions. Then suddenly the entire television screen went black.

Rebekah and Jacob faced each other with looks of confusion. Rebekah then noticed that Issac is in the kitchen, getting some wine. Rebekah stood up from the couch and walked toward the kitchen with eyes of tears which she couldn’t explain why. Issac was looking in the refrigerator, then looked at his back and saw Rebekah.

“Honey,” Issac said, looking concern. “You’re crying.”

“Yes,” Rebekah said in a quiet voice.

“Why?”

“Something sad happened on the television.”

“What it’s about?”

“I don’t know, something sad.”

“Well,” said Issac, hugging his wife. “Forget all the sad things and remember the good things.”

“I always do Issac, and I will,” Rebekah said as she placed her head on his shoulder.

Issac suddenly had an unsettling thought, “What did our world become?” which resulted in the sound of a screen breaking apart by a sledgehammer that resulted in him to wince.

“Oh my,” Rebekah said, pulling away as if she forgot why she was hugging. “That must’ve been a hard one.”

“You can say that again,” Isaac said, scratching his head.

“Oh, my. That must’ve been a hard one.”

But of all of sudden, he heard a door slammed open, his son and wife screamed and his vision turning instant black.