Recess | Teen Ink

Recess

By Mules123 BRONZE, Newmarket, New Hampshire
Mules123 BRONZE, Newmarket, New Hampshire

“I want to be the, uh, the, umm, the Wed Wangew!” Peter said with powerful, excited, jumps.
“I will, uh, let you be Blue Ninja Turtle for the resth of, uh, forever,” Cam lisped, eager to negotiate, “If I can be the Red Ranger.”
“But, but I want to be the Wed Wangew!” yelled Peter.
“Well I’m the, umm, better Red Ranger,” Cam claimed, trying to swindle Peter.
“Well you’re, umm, also a poopy head!” shouted Peter.
“I know you are, but what, uh, am I?” asked Cam with an excited, mischievous grin.
A nearby teacher overheard the argument and went to settle it before it got out of hand. The teacher already knew who was arguing due to the fact that they were always arguing.
“Now, now,” said the teacher, “we are going to settle this dispute in the most civil way possible,” she paused for dramatic effect. “Rock, paper, scissors.”
“Okay, Mrs. Griswald!” the boys said with an eager manner, hoping to win.
“Rock, paper, scissors, shoot!” they yelled.
Peter threw rock, while Cam threw scissors.
“Aww man,” moped Cam, mimicking Swiper the Fox.
“Cam, you can be the Red Ranger next time, okay?” the teacher requested.
“Okay,” Cam sighed, still desiring to be the Red Ranger.
“I wish I was a Powew Wangew,” Peter said, “Don’t you?”
“Yeth!” Cam replied, even though he wasn’t the Red Ranger.
A flash of light suddenly appeared. The Red Power Ranger was standing in their presence.
“Do you children want to become members of my Power Ranger team?” the Red Ranger asked them powerfully.
“Yes!” the boys said in unison.
“Cam you’re the Blue Ranger, and Peter you’re the Green Ranger,” the Red Ranger firmly told them.
“But we want to be the Red Ranger!” The boys whined in unison.

This piece is trying to get readers to remember their childhood and remember what they did.