FROZEN IN TIME | Teen Ink

FROZEN IN TIME

January 10, 2017
By 21VallesA BRONZE, Newmarket, New Hampshire
21VallesA BRONZE, Newmarket, New Hampshire
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

      She turned into the cafe and she ordered her usual drink. She took her usual seat by the window. She could see little snowflakes coming down softly. That’s when she saw him. She heard the bell above the door, she turned and saw it was him. He shook his head to get the snowflakes off. He ordered a black coffee and turned his head, looked at her and smiled. She smiled back and spilled coffee on her computer. She quickly jumped up and went to go get napkins. He walked in front of her and handed her some napkins and smiled, she felt a little shock from their hands touching.
“Thank you.” Alice said while her voice cracking a little bit. He turned and went to go grab his drink. Alice went to her seat while smiling to herself. She heard a chair scape near her, she turned and he was right near her.
“Hi I’m Emmett.” Emmett said so simply. His voice was just as she imagined it was. It was deep and smooth. She started to tear up and one tear fell down her cheek. She went to go wipe it but got interrupted, he wiped her tear away and smiled.
“It’s ok, I know it’s been awhile since anyone has said anything. I know being….can be lonely” Emmett said while rubbing her shoulder.
“What are you talking about?” Alice said while turning her head slightly.
“You don’t know where you are?”
“Of course I know where I am.”
“Don’t you see how everything is the same every single day?”
“What?” Alice looked around, she slowly started to notice the same exact people doing the same exact thing.
“Hey it’s ok, many people on their first week don’t notice.” Emmett said while looking at her with sincerity in his eyes.
“But….I’ve been coming here for almost 6 months.”
“Are you absolutely sure?!??!” Emmett said while his eyes widening and his voice raising. Emmett grabbed her hand and they ran outside. The snow was coming down harder and harder. A car came racing down the road right in front of them. Alice closed her eyes tightly.  Then suddenly everything stopped. The snow stopped falling from the sky. Alice opened her eyes slowly. Her eyes widened with amazement.
       “Emmett… do you see this?” she asked while looking around and touching the floating snow.
      “Yeah….. this is amazing. it's so pretty and…..just wonderful” Emmett said looking at her. Alice let go of his hand and started to walk to the car.   The snow was still floating in the sky, it was so tiny but is was still amazing. She went up to the car slowly.
     “Alice!!!! Watch out!” Emmett yelling with fear in his voice.
     “What?....….” She suddenly felt pain all over her body. Alice closed her eyes tightly. She suddenly felt her body jolt forward. Then she opened her eyes. She was sitting at the table back at the café