Falling | Teen Ink

Falling

December 2, 2016
By TeeTeeReed BRONZE, East Palo Alto, California
TeeTeeReed BRONZE, East Palo Alto, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Am I upside down? Or am I in a world that has been flipped upside down? By a leader who is a misogynist , and who only cares for himself. Our leader, Donald Trump, has ruined our world. It all started when I was five years of age, my mother was fighting against Donald Trump and his stupid beliefs. As my mother was fighting against him, she was pregnant with me. While in my mother’s whom I could feel the anger in her towards Donald Trump. It was amazing how powerful it was. Out of all the people my mother had hated she hated him the most. I guess that´s where I get my hate for men from.

My name is Drea Grey and I live in the world of 2030. Where there are big tall buildings, and when I say tall I mean tall buildings, with Donald Trump’s face all over it. Just seeing his face makes me want to vomit. Speaking of tall annoying buildings with Donald Trump’s face on it, program starts tomorrow. My first day as a fresh programmer would be tomorrow. A fresh programmer is someone who is what I think they used to call a freshman in highschool back in the old fashion days. I’m a little excited to go to program to see my best friend cause I haven't seen her all summer. But other than seeing her there is really nothing to be that excited about since I can't really talk to boys. Every time I talk to certain boys anger fills my body causing me to react in a violent way. But I know that my best friend will always have my back.
  My bestfriend’s name is Aaliyah. She is the most nicest , beautiful person you can ever meet. She comes from a great family. The family of the Queens. Her family of colored women fought beside my mother and the rest of my family. Although I do feel bad for her because she has me as a friend. I would say that I am a good friend but I’m not the nicest to other people especially to boys. It’s just everytime I see the mean, stupid,  powerful, misogynist look on men’s faces triggers something in my mind to become violent. Which isn’t the way I act towards women at all. I can be the nicest person to anyone, but when I see those men…
  Back in the old fashion days my family or shall I say the women in my family fought for the rights of colored women. They fought for the rights of colored women so that they can be able to be as successful or even more successful than men are. But it just looks like it's getting worse with Donald Trump trying to get a 3rd term. You know what I don’t get is how he was made leader in the first place. How in the hell did us Americans let that happen? How was he even able to  start running in the first place? I just don’t get it. And him being the leader caused men to start taking over in the business world and downgraded the work of women because Trump thinks we are too weak and uneducated. Experiencing this horror keeps me feeling this thick pain full of anger for men deep in my shallow bones.
It’s my first day of program and I'm terrified. I really don't want to go but I guess I will  for the sake of seeing by bestie. She is the only reason for me getting up in the morning and going to school. But anyway as I’m walking to school feeling the breeze going through my smooth dark chocolate face , I spot something. A boy I’ve never seen in my life in my town. He was tall and had what looked like the most lightest smooth skin I have ever seen. I tried not to focus on him but I couldn’t, I turned around to get one last glance and I felt something I’ve never felt towards a boy before. It was kindness. I was confused of that for a while but I guessed I would never see him again so I kept going on my way. As I am getting  closer to the program I see Aaliyah walking into the doors of the program. I ran up to her and gave her the biggest hug in the whole entire world since I didn’t get to see her all this summer.
“How are you.’” she asked.
“I’m great. I’m so happy to see you. How was your summer?”
As she was telling me how her summer went and the things she had gotten to do began to get so excited for her but then I spot that boy again. I thought to myself he must be a the new guy. So then I just asked Aaliyah about it and she told me that he had gotten transferred from the undergrounds. She then asked me why I asked her that since she new I could care less what boy walked into this building, but I just ignored her. We kept walking through the halls talking about our summers then the alarm rung. Since Aaliyah is about the smartest person I know I knew that she would run off to class , which she did , and leave me there alone to figure out where my first class was until I realized I just had to follow the map they gave us.
My first class was upstairs. As I was walking up the red shiny stairs heading to my first class that boy that I had spotted on the street had just walked right in front of me. It was like he was always near me at all times. He is blocking my way of getting to my room. I was already furious that I was late to class now this guy is making me even more late then I already am. But then I saw something weird about to happen. He was moving his lips as if he was about to talk to me. And he did.
He said , “Hi Drea my name is Drake.”
I was in shock that he even knew my name but I found it even more shocking that he talked to me. I thought of saying something back but I was scared that I would say something that he probably didn’t deserve to hear. Instead of saying something I just stood there in shock. But then he had said  something else to me. 
He asked waving his soft , gentle hand. “Hello , is anyone there?
  I didn’t really like how he said that to me. As if he thought I was stupid or empty inside. But I didn’t want to be rude so I finally said something back.
“Yes i’m here” I blurted. I think that may have come off a little rude but I couldn’t stop myself.
“Well hello there Drea, I was just wondering if you knew where class 4 point 0 was?”
“Yes I do. I was just heading to that class. And how did you know my name?”
“That’s so cool that we have the same class , and if you didn’t remember as we all entered the doors of the program they gave us a name tag so that we can get to know each other’s names.”
“Oh yea I totally had forgotten about that,” I said laughing it off.
Our conversation went on and on until we had reached our class. I found myself drawn to him. His energy , his smile , his body. I kept looking back at him , sitting in the far left corner of the room. One thing that was kinda off about him was that here and there he would ask questions about my mother but I didn’t really notice it at the time.
The bell had rang and I couldn’t wait to tell Aaliyah what had happened between me and Drake. Although she didn’t like me talking to any boys because of what happens when I do. But this time it was different. I only had a little discomfort around him and I was ok with that. I guess? I’ve never really had these type of feelings for a guy before and I kinda I didn’t want to.
Now that I really think about it I don’t really think I should tell her until tomorrow the morning , before we get to program.

 


  It was the next day and I had decided to tell Aaliyah about what happened with Drake and I. I see her near the corner so I ran up to her.
I said , “Wassup.”
“Nothing, how did you know I was here?” She said with her gentle , soft voice.
“Ohh I just spotted you here as I was walking to the corner.” But there is something I have to tell you and I’m not sure if you are going to like the news.” I responded in a high pitched nervous tone.
“What is it? It better not be about that new kid Drake. I see the way you look at him. Its different , I haven’t seen you look at a guy like that before.” She fumed
“How did you know it was about him. But that’s besides the point , I think I really like him but there is just something off about him that really doesn’t sit well with me.”
“Well” , she preached. “I don’t like the fact that you are interested in this guy in the first place but I can see by the tone in your voice that there is no way I can change your mind about this guy. But don’t ever let him try and control you or treat you like you are less than him because he sends like that type , just letting you know. Always remember what family you come from.”
I couldn’t believe how understanding she was towards that. I was really shocked actually. Because usually she is always in my ear about who to talk to and who not to talk to. So if she approved of Drake then there really must be something about him that is special.
When we finished our conversation we walked straight to program because it was almost 800 o'clock.
As we were running up to our class I saw him in the hallway on his phone talking to someone. When he saw me he tried to hang up the phone. Like he was trying to hide something from me.
So walking up to him with my face full of rage I said , “What are you trying to hide from me?”
He knew I was mad so he started to shake as if he was scared and said , “ I'm not hiding anything from you, I would never do that.”
I said , “ok but you better not be lying to me.” Knowing that deep down in my soul I knew he was. But I chose to ignore it.
When he saw that I started to believe in him he calmed down a little and asked me if I wanted to meet up after school. I want to say yes but I know if I wanted to do that  I would have to ask my mother , who I tell everything to. And I knew if I asked her if I could to go to the park with a boy she will disapprove before I am even able to get the word boy out my mouth. So instead of saying I'm going to the park with Drake I will ask her if I can go to the park with Aaliyah. She will never know.
So when he asked me it I said, “Well sure,  I can go with you but we can’t be too long because  my mom will start to think that something is up.”
The alarm rings and I burst open the doors trying to be the first one out the door to tell Aaliyah what I had thought of. When I found her and ran up to her and told her everything and although she didn’t like this plan one bit I knew that she would follow along just to look after me and my behavior.
It was Aaliyah , Drake and I walking to the park. It was awkward because I could just feel the tension between the two of them. But thankful enough the park wasn’t that far away so once we got there we just split up. I went with Drake and she went to a bench to go study for a test.
While we were walking through the trees I could sense that he needed to tell me something so I asked him.
“Do you need to tell me something?”
He looked worried as if I had already knew what he was about to tell me.
He trembled , “well you see I really like you but there's this thing that you don’t know about me that I need you to know.”
At that point I was already irritated that he was hiding something from me so I yelled out , “Just tell me already it's not like it's that bad.”
“Well you see I’m related to someone I know you despise. I know this because I’ve known all about you sense the first time we saw each other in the streets. I know your mother, where you come from, how old you are..”
I was confused. “Well who is it? I despise many people in this world , starting with you at this moment you little..” I was about to say something and then this little ass boy interrupts me and says
“ Well...I’m Donald Trump’s son and he sent me here to this program to destroy you. He said he wants to send me because when I were to destroy you that it  would hurt your mother the most because she hates my guts. When I was only 15 I took your mother’s job because I felt she wasn’t educated enough. I just wanted to tell you because while I was getting to know you better I started developing feelings for you and didn’t want you to find out from anyone other than me.”
“You know what you sound just like your misogynist , unworthy ass father.” I blurted in full  rage.
Listening to him talk about his plan to kill me and basically destroy what my family of strong black women have built, filled my soul with so much anger that I could feel my brown skin boiling. At this point I couldn’t control my body and then the next thing you see is my hand come in contact with his face. I didn’t even want to hear what else he had to say about what he thought about my family. I know that I wouldn't have been able to handle myself.
When Aaliyah saw me hit him she ran up to me and obviously knew that something had gone terribly wrong. She got me out of that park and back home and as I sat on my bed all I could think about was how stupid I was to likes such an evil  person especially knowing he was a “man”.
I couldn’t believe that I had let my guard down for some boy. I was blinded by his beautiful blue eyes and how tall he was that I couldn’t see the pure evil in his eyes as I did tonight in that park.
Now I truly understand what my family of beautiful black women fought for back in those olden days. Never be blinded by a mans beauty but always see the greed in their eyes to succeed no matter who they hurt in the process.