The Runaway | Teen Ink

The Runaway

By JacquelineR BRONZE, Monett, Missouri
JacquelineR BRONZE, Monett, Missouri

On the far side of the Milky Way Galaxy, a young boy was born. His name was Soney. Soney is the name that means all power put into one energy with control. Why did his parents call him that? He was born with a gift. A gift that everyone wants. He had a power within him, a power that is very powerful it could destroy a galaxy with in seconds.

Soney had shiny blue highlights going through his dark hair. Crystal Blue eye and cute puffy pink cheeks. His parents were the king and queen of their planet, The Nokut. They own the right side of the planet. The left side has different rulers. Once Soney turned one, the left side rulers had a precious baby girl, Crystal. Crystal was the name of a rare powerful crystal, which controls the planet's core keeping the planet intact. When Crystal turned one, the relationship of a strong power was being born. Soney and Crystal became close friends.

It was very hard to see each other since their parents hated each other. Soney wanted to see Crystal but there was no way of seeing her without his parents knowing. One day, his grandpa knew about this special friendship Soney and Crystal had and he helped them. He gave them both a portal key. A portal key to a different world far, far away. Soney and Crystal put the portal keys inside their beds. Every time they jumped a certain amount, they would trigger the portal key. Once inside, they were teleported to a different world. It was a lonely planet. It was very beautiful and ever since then, they have been hanging out making their bond stronger.

Once Soney turned 2, which is 10 in earth years, he and his father got into a huge argument. Soney wanted freedom to do what he wants in his life. He knew what he wanted for himself and he was sure of it! The king, his dad, thought that his son should learn to control his power so one day he to be the ruler of Nokut. 

Soney didn’t wanna become ruler of Nokut. He didn’t think it fit him right. Soney wanted to go out in the universe and explore it. He wanted to help the universe. He knew that there are many evil things out there. For a strange reason, he felt like the universe needed him.

Sony's parents had a little secret, maybe a big secret! Soney isn’t really the son of the king and queen on Nokot but instead, he’s the son of the king and queen of the the Milky Way Galaxy. They are also known as the gods of the universe. Rumour has it that they had a son but they denied it. There are many evils in the universe and they all wanted the power, the power  Soney possessed . Everyone wants to get their hands on it. The king and Queen of the Milky Way Galaxy send their son off to live another life.

One night, Soney ran away and got into one of the planets ships. He hated how his father was. He hated how people treated him! So he set the ship to the closest planet. It was only 100 light years away. It was called, Earth. One earth week and he was there. Soney was excited because the planet seemed awesome. He was also scared, but he thought this could help cool him down for a while. But what he didn’t know, is that the type of ship he got in was called ReBron. ReBron are special ships for special missions. They were also the fastest. What ReBron does is, go to the planet that was navigated to them. Once close, the ship turns to a beam of light. The ship will become small and whoever is inside get’s turned to a piece of DNA molecule. The ship picks a woman from the planet and the person inside is reborn ship get’s beamed into the women. The women then gives births and creates a new life for the living thing inside the ship. The ships are still being worked on because once you get reborn, you lose all your memory.

Back on Nokot, Crystal was worried because she hasn’t seen Soney in days. She went to the planet they always teleported too. There, she found a note. The note said that Soney was sick and tired of this planet and he wanted to leave. She was sad that her best friend had left. It's been months and she couldn’t take it anymore. She wanted to get on one of the ships that Soney took and set sail to the same destination as him. .  The problem was that she didn’t know the type of ship he went in. One day she went to Soney’s wormhole. She was in his room and it made her cry even more. Crystal put her ear on the door and she heard his parents talking to someone. The stranger said, “I know the type of ship Soney went on. He took a ReBron. Tonight we should go to the ship station and check the files. We can find out where he went.” She didn’t know what she got herself into but she knew she had to beat them to the station. If she somehow got in the ship, she could go and find Soney and bring him back! She fears that if they find him, they will  hurt him.

She jumped of the window and flew  as fast as it would take her. She got to the station but there was a royal guard and the king, Soney’s dad. She saw a ship. The door was open. She had to do it. She had to make a run for it. She had no choice. She ran as fast and quiet as she could and made it. She got in the ship but before she could press the button someone saw her. “HEY! What are you doing kid?!” It was a royal guard. She pressed the button before he could get to her. The ship sailed and all Crystal could do was sit back. She hoped this was the correct ship. She started shrinking and after she was shrunk and put into some ladies stomach. Soney was born a year after arriving and that’s when Crystal arrived. Another year passed and she was reborn into earth. Soney wasn’t Soney anymore, he was now Tristan and Crystal wasn’t Crystal anymore, she was now Jennifer. Tristan turned two and Jennifer was one when they met. Luckily their new parents have been friends ever since middle school.

10 years have passed and Tristan and Jennifer have gotten closer. They would hang out every day, spend the night at each other’s houses and share everything. Years passed and now their teens , so they’re going through the “phase”. They also help each other on that. Jennifer is having a swell life. She has the bestest friend ever, good grades at school, happy family, and everyone loved her! On the other side, Tristan is kind of in a ruff edge. He loves his best friend and that’s about it. School is where it all drops down. Everyone teases him and makes fun of him. Even the teachers get in the action. Jennifer tries to help him but it never works.

When it was Tristan’s 16th birthday, no one in school said anything but Tristan didn’t care. All he cares about is Jennifer. Tristan’s job is to make sure nothing happens to her. So when a guy is being too flirty with her, Tristan just drags her way or threatens him. When he does threaten him, the guy will just laugh and laugh. No one expects anything from Tristan. He might have good grades but that’s the only thing they’ll ever expect. After school, Tristan and Jennifer went to Tristan’s grandpa’s house. He’s half Asian and half American but he takes his Asian side more seriously than his American. He is a great master of Kung Fu and Karate. He won’t take any students expect Tristan. He thinks Tristan has something special within him. Jennifer will join someday but other days she will babysit some of Tristan’s cousins and nephews. They spend two hours and then go home. It takes a while to go home. Tristan’s grandpa lives in the mountains. He is a man that loves to go out in the wild.

As another year came, things changed. Tristan and his family weren’t getting along. Tristan’s dad was getting on to him for everything. When his brother’s and sisters did something bad, they blame everything on him. The school would call and it would be about Tristan every time. Even if it’s not true. Tristan’s parents would lock him in his room for days. He doesn’t get to see Jennifer as often as he liked.

So, Tristan moved out. He now lives in his new home. Jennifer begged her parents to let her move out to so she can go and live with Tristan. Her parents finally agreed and she left as soon as possible.

After that, Tristan and Jennifer have shared a life. Tristan works in a secret government science lab. It’s a little outside of town. He was a creator and a test monkey. Tristan makes crazy experiments for the upcoming future and then test them out or test other people’s crazy experiments. If one experiment goes wrong, there’s a special chemical that will pump your brain, blood and heart rate. It’s extremely rare and hard to make. So, all the creators make sure that their experiment doesn’t kill him. Tristan is brave and has a lot of courage to do all that. At the end of each month he gets payed $10,000.00 dollars so it’s kind of worth it.

Since neither Tristan nor Jennifer are greedy and don’t want to start, they give half the money to companies that need it badly. Cancer, childcare or anything that is in need. They will try to give at least 5 to 6 thousand dollars. Jennifer works as singer and sometimes even enters model competitions. They make short music videos and post it in telnetnow.com and the more “flash” they get the more they get payed. When I say “flash”, I mean at the bottom of the video there a flash button that gives a dollar to the owner of the video when someone clicks on it. Jennifer is the most popular on telnetnow.com. Tristan has a lot of talent but he never shows it. He can sing like an angel, dance like no one else, he is the best actor ever, and the sweetest thing you’ll ever meet.

When Jennifer turned 16, everything changed. She didn’t know but her life was gonna get a new chapter. Tristan has never told this to anyone and he does a good job keeping secrets. When Tristan was 12, his parents had a huge anniversary party. Everyone came! It was wonderful. It was about midnight when it happened. It was in the dance floor. Tristan and Jennifer we’re dancing. Then like a romance movie, a slow song came up. They started dancing and that’s when it sparked. They looked at each other in the eyes and something happened that night. Something that change their lives.

Tristan finally let it go and told her his feeling to Jennifer. When the topic was in progress, Tristan said,

“Jenny. Can I tell you something?”.
“Yeah sure. What is it?” Asked Jennifer.
Tristan took a deep breath and said,
“Well I have been holding this ever since I was 12.  When it was my parents anniversary.” 
“Wait, that was a long time ago! What in the world are you holding in that long?” Asked Jennifer giggling.

“Well remember when we were slow dancing and… like.. at the end when we did the waterfall backdrop… and..” Said Tristan but mumbled and stopped.

“Oh I remember! That was a fun night.” said Jennifer.
“Well when… that… happen… and... I looked at you....when I we made eye contact .....I ...... might of…. Seen something… and … like… I LOVE YOU! OKAY!” said Tristan.
Jennifer looked not surprise but she had a happy expression in her face. Tristan jumped back and regretted saying what he has said. He thought he just ruined the best relationship he ever had.
“Tristan!!” yelled Jennifer.

“Huh? Wait… what’s wrong! I did something wrong! Oh I did it!” said Tristan scared.
“Oh my gosh!! I love you too Tristy!” said Jennifer with the most happiest tone ever.
“You..... do!” said Tristan with the biggest smile.
“With all my heart! I always did! We fell in love the same way. That night was the best night of my life!” Said Jennifer.

After that day, they dated and they’re still dating. Years passed and life was the best for them. Tristan was 19 and was happy. He finally found some friends and had an amazing girlfriend. He had everything he wanted. He graduated and was happy he didn’t had to deal with everyone putting him down anymore. He hated everyone in that school. He couldn’t believe that his teachers also joined in the bullying. Jennifer was still going to high school but she had no problem. Everyone loved her. She could easily say one word and have everyone in her grasp.
It was time! Time for Jennifer's birthday! She was finally 18 years old also, it happened! Tristan proposed to Jennifer! The wedding was being made and everyone is excited for it! Most of their friends are too. This girl named Brittany really likes Tristan. Randy is also another of their friends and of course he has a major crush on Jennifer. Brittany is starting to realize how much time she is wasting just because she wants to wait to see if Tristan will ever fall in love with her. Which it will never happen because Tristan will never like her that way. However, Randy will do anything to get Jennifer. One night Tristan and Jennifer were celebrating their new life together. They ate and played and toasted with a cheer. Things went a little out of hand that night. The next night, Randy striked! Tristan was working so he took advantage of Jennifer while she was asleep. She didn’t wake up or feel anything. The next day, Jennifer went to the doctor. She was very dizzy and throwing up every now and then. The doctor told Jennifer that she was pregnant! She was so happy!

Nine months passed by like a buzz. The baby was born. A beautiful healthy baby girl. She had the biggest shiny blue eyes and black hair with a tiny blue streak of hair on one side. They named her Wimberly. Once Jennifer got released from the hospital, Tristan called everyone to come over and see the new baby. When everyone was in one room, Randy yelled out and said,

“That baby is mine!”
Everyone looked at him confused and curious.
“What do you mean the baby is yours?” Asked Tristan.
“I mean I did it with Jennifer and then she got pregnant!” Said Randy.
“Wait what!!” Yelled Jennifer.
“YOU DID WHAT TO JENNIFER!!” Tristan screamed.
“That’s right! I did it with Jennifer and that child is mine!” Said Randy.
“When did this happened? I don’t remember that?” Asked Jennifer.
“I went in your house when you were sleeping and Tristan was at work and took advantage of you. The next day you got pregnant.” Said Randy.
“RIGHT NOW I WANT TO KILL YOU! THAT’S RAPE!” Tristan looked at Jennifer and said,
“Why didn’t you tell me he did this!”
“I didn’t know! I didn’t even feel anything. I’m not a heavy sleeper though.” Said Jennifer.
“Well did you even put your seed in her!?!?” Asked Tristan to Randy.
“Of course I did! Next  day she’s pregnant!” Said Randy.

“That’s a fast pregnancy. Well only one way to find out who’s the real father. DNA test!” Said Jennifer’s mother.
They went to the hospital and the doctor took the blood of Tristan, Jennifer and the baby, Wimberley. When the doctor came back he tripped and the papers went flying everywhere! He picked them up quickly and tried to match each paper to the patient. When he thought he got it right and double checked, he went to them and told them the results. Everyone was shocked to hear this but Wimberley was… Randy’s child! Everyone was shocked especially Tristan and Jennifer. The next few days, Jennifer got all her things and moved in with her parents and Randy. If Wimberley was Randy’s, then she had to be with him. It crushed Tristan but what can he do. He had no one now.