The Kambria Star | Teen Ink

The Kambria Star

October 11, 2016
By Riley_Lynn BRONZE, Mancos, CO, Colorado
Riley_Lynn BRONZE, Mancos, CO, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Deep in the most secret place in the Andes Mountains were no human had ever been, the closest thing to a human was the ghost of a 10 year old girl named Laina.
One night when the rain was pouring on the evergreen trees, and the wind was howling, Laina was sleeping in her cave. Suddenly a soundless light glowing shades or purple, pink, and blue shot through the jet black sky.

The next morning Laina stepped out of her cave and looked on into the mountains, all she saw was a thick rolling fog and the silhouettes of a few trees, but she could hear the sound of rain trickling of the leafs of the trees, and the chirp of the birds, Even though she couldn't see she stepped out into the thick fog, and walked along taking in the misty smell.

Sence she couldn't see she she found herself in a part of The forest she had never seen, there was a small clearing, that the fog seemed to be even thicker in, but when she squinted very hard she could make out a small temple like building directly in the middle, taking up about the whole clearing. She stepped onto the marble steps and climbed to the top hoping to get out of the fog. Sitting on a pedestal in the center was a strange star shaped stone marbled shades of blue, pink, and peach, slightly glowing and the colors inside slowly moving like clouds. She reached out to touch the strange stone, one finger at a time, laying them on the smooth surface but by the time her whole hand made contact

 

something happened that paralyzed her so she couldn't move. Some
strange force was holding her still. A voice said “This is the Kambria star, you, the magic of the Kambria, and the fog are combining to turn you into a real person.” she could feel the fog being sucked into her and see the air clear around her. “But remember if the Kambria stone is taken out of the tower after a week of its absence you will…”

Laina pulled her hand away with all the strength she could gather and fell down the temple steps. She sat there trying to figure out what had just happened for a few hours, laying there limp and confused, but eventually she sat up to see for herself. She turned her hand back and forth in front her staring at it confused. Now it was solid, and she couldn't see through it any more. The Kambria star was right she wasn't a ghost anymore. But then she took a look at were her legs should be and her heart sank. She realized that she didn't have any, instead there was a cloud of fog to replace them. It must have been because she pulled her hand away from the Kambria stone before she finished what it was saying.

A few weeks past and she found out she could create a cloud fog around her and she could bend the fog into anything, even though it never stayed for more than a hour it still was a amazing power.