The Final Warning | Teen Ink

The Final Warning

August 16, 2016
By M501athletic GOLD, USA, Other
M501athletic GOLD, USA, Other
19 articles 22 photos 46 comments

Favorite Quote:
It is never too late to have a new dream- C.S. Lewis


Invasion
That was the only thing that described the surprise attack. It was so sudden, I didn’t have time to act quickly enough. And I almost got killed because of my slow movements. Everything on planet earth is destroyed and I haven’t seen any live movements anywhere, except for my bloody leg. Blood was splattered everywhere, bodies were lying everywhere, and everything was either burnt down or torn to shreds. Aliens, it had to be. I would be highly surprised if it wasn’t. Each one of them were various sizes, but they were creatures unlike anything I’ve ever seen in the seventeen years I have been living. But I saw them, and they saw me. They destroyed everything in a matter of four and a half days then vanished a few hours ago.
Police reports had went out two days ago on strange beings disrupting every continent. Everyone thought they were joking. Or at least hoped they were. Then more reports started going all day on the news the next day. More countries were burnt down and populations started decreasing millions by millions. Yesterday was the last report before the news crew and police force had as well vanished.

Did all of those people die? I can’t say. But I do know, that I was the only one in my area that was breathing right now. Perhaps I was the last person on earth. I don’t know; but if my leg heals in a matter of days, and I have necessities nearby I would get to the bottom of this. Before I could think of a plan for my leg, I heard a voice. A very hoarse and soft voice, but also clear.

“Kid.” It said. “Kid, come here.” I looked over to see a grotesque elder guy with fair skin and short gray hair. His navy blue shirt and gray jacket was streaked with blood and his jeans were burnt through. I shuddered at the site, but crawled over to him with one knee.

“Yes.” I answered, closer to him now but still keeping my distance.

“I… I know its name.” He answered slowly.

“Who’s name? Who are you? What do you want?” I asked.

“Listen boy! Just listen ok?! You are the last one I can tell. The only one I can tell. I am loosing breath as we speak. My life is coming to an end. But I have to tell someone, and you are the only one here I can tell.” He coughed as he spoke.

“Ok, tell me.” I answered calmly. I didn’t know if this guy was delusional or not, but I at least wanted to hear what he had to say.

“There is another planet you can go to. It is safe… for now. I forget the name though. It ends with tune.” He responded lowering his voice.

“Neptune?” I asked.

“Yes! Yes! That is the one! You have to go, I know a lady who hides around here. She has a machine that can take you there. You have to go, you… you have to…” He started gagging and wheezing hard. Then he stopped and laid back on the wall for support.

“Where is she?” I asked.

“She lives underneath an alley on Mortar Road.”

“Underneath?” I asked skeptically.

“Yes, you will know what I mean when you get there. For now, just get to her and she will give you further instructions.” He splattered out blood after his last sentence.

“Ok, I will go.” I answered back.

“Hurry! I am not crazy! I know her! She can help you! If you want to live, you have to go! You can save the rest of mankind! You are the only one who hasn’t vanished! You are the one who can save everyone!”

“I don’t understand!” I yelled back frustrated. “What you are saying doesn’t make any sense!”

“Just go boy! Go! The creatures are coming back soon! Hurry, they are coming! They are on their way! They… They…” Before he could finish, his eyes closed slowly and his hard breathing stopped. The guy was dead. That was his final warning. Before I could take time to register the information, I heard a whirling noise. The same noise I heard seconds before the invasion. The old man was right, they were back.


The author's comments:

Hope you guys enjoy it! Please comment down below to tell me what you think, and don't forget to comment on my other work!

Want me to review your? In your comment hashtag #Review and I will review your work!

Thanks! ;D