The Princess | Teen Ink

The Princess

May 4, 2016
By Kamie GOLD, White House, Texas
Kamie GOLD, White House, Texas
18 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams"- Eleanor Roosevelt
“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"-Eleanor Roosevelt
"Never interrupt someone doing something you said couldn't be done"- Amelia Earhart


Once upon a time, a baker and his wife were blessed with two baby boys, twins. They were named Hunter & Roland Bentley. Hunter and Roland, both, had light brown hair and eyes.The boys did everything together, from learning to walk, to pulling pranks on their parents. Everyone in the village thought that nothing could come between the boys. As the years passed by the boys got older. When Hunter & Roland turned 17 they got jobs. Hunter became a master hunter and Roland became a chef in the Royal Castle. Hunter & Roland were still the best of friends and everyone in the village still thought that nothing could come between the boys. One day Roland got an invitation to come & celebrate the birthday of Princess Isabella Ambrose. When Roland got home, he realized Hunter got one too. The brothers couldn’t wait to meet Princess Isabella because she had perfectly black hair, light pink-colored lips, a kind and gentle heart, sapphire-blue eyes, and the most beautiful voice.
The next day the Bentley brothers realized that all 14-17 year olds in the village got an invitation, boys and girls. That evening, after all the teenagers arrived at the Royal Castle, everyone was escorted to the dining hall for dinner. Dinner began when the guest of honor, Princess Isabella, arrived. During dinner, Princess Isabella was glancing and giggling at Roland & Hunter, but they didn’t notice. After dinner, everyone was escorted to the ballroom for the real party while Princess Isabella was led to a private room. Then Hunter & Roland were randomly grabbed together. When they entered the room, the guards shut the door. The brothers looked around the room and found nothing. Princess Isabella was playing statue while the brothers looked around. Hunter thought that there was something wrong with the statue and decided to tickle its nose with a feather. Then the princess sneezed and fell down into the arms of Hunter.
Princess Isabella was impressed with Hunter’s observational skills as she stared deep into his eyes. Roland was startled by the sneeze and turned to see his brother holding Princess Isabella. Hunter put the princess down, then the brothers bowed to her. The princess said to the brothers,” You do not need to bow. I may come from royalty but I am still just as human as you.” The brothers sat down on a couch and asked,” What is this all about anyway? Is it even your birthday, Princess?” The princess replied,” Please, call me Isabella, and no it is not my birthday. My father past away a few days ago and now the High Council that he put together says that if I am not wed by my 18th birthday then they will crown themselves rulers of this kingdom!” Hunter says,” My name is Hunter and that is my brother, Roland. Isabella, how old are you right now?” Isabella replies,” I am 17 right now and turn 18 in a couple of months. What am I going to do!?” Roland asks Isabella,” The High Council is at least letting you choose your future husband, right?” Right before Isabella responds to the question, the guards come in and say,” Your time is up. Come with us, please.” Then the guards grab Hunter & Roland and escort them out of the room and back to the ballroom.
Thirty minutes after returning to the “birthday party” everyone was sent home. Four months passed by and none of castle staff had seen the princess. One day, while Roland & Hunter were talking in the village square, the High Council went into town and said to Roland,”Young man, from now on you will be the husband of Princess Isabella.” Hunter was confused and jealous of his brother but congratulated him nonetheless. As soon as Hunter was done congratulating his brother, the High Council brought Roland to the Royal Castle to meet his wife to be. When the High Council and Roland got to the Royal Castle, Roland was asked to wait in the royal library. Then the High Council told Isabella that they had a surprise in the royal library. When Isabella got to the royal library, she saw Roland through a window and was a little confused. When Isabella entered the library, Roland was so happy that he picked her up and spun her around but when Roland put Isabella down, she was confused and a little dizzy. When the room stopped spinning, Isabella asked,”Roland, why did you just spin me around?” Roland replied,” Because you and I are to be wed. The High Council announced it to everyone in the village!” When Roland finished, Isabella said,” I do not know why they would do something like this but I am afraid that is not true, Roland.”
Isabella excused herself from the conversation, then went to find the High Council. Isabella found the High Council in the castle gardens, preparing for her wedding. Isabella asked all the servants, kindly, to leave because she wishes to speak with the High Council, alone. When they were alone, Isabella asked the High Council,”What is this talk about my wedding!!!???? You said that I can choose who I marry. Did you just go into the village and pick the first single man you saw?!” The High Council replied,” Do you have someone in mind you wish to wed instead of the man we provided?” Isabella said,” Yes but that is not the point.” The High Council said,” You have one week to find your future husband or you marry the man we found you.” Isabella said, with a sigh,”Yes, High Council.” Later that day, Isabella went to a pond outside of the village to think clearly. Hunter also goes to the pond to think.
Hunter heard someone crying and went over to see who it was. When Hunter sees Isabella is the one that is crying he tries to cheer her up by jumping into the pond. Isabella is startled by the splash and gets up to see what happened. When Isabella sees Hunter swimming in the pond, she starts laughing. Then Hunter tries to pull her in but she does not let him. After they stopped goofing around, Hunter asked,”Isabella, why were you crying?” Isabella stopped laughing long enough to answer,” The High Council is making me wed Roland at the end of the week if I cannot find someone else.” Hunter asked,”Is there anyone you want to marry?” Isabella responded,”Yes, but if I do marry him, I might ruin his relationship with someone dear to him.” Hunter scooted closer to Isabella and asked,”Who is the lucky man?” Isabella scooted away a little,” The lucky man is…..is…….you.”
Hunter just stared at Isabella then tried to kiss her but Isabella stopped him and said,” I am sorry but I am to marry your brother and I do not wish to ruin your relationship with him. I am truly sorry, Hunter.” With that Isabella got up and walked towards the castle. A week later, Roland and Isabella were married. After the wedding, Hunter said congratulations to his brother and new sister-in-law and told them that he was going to travel and explore the world.
Fifteen years after the wedding the happy royal couple got a short letter from Hunter saying:
Dear Roland and Isabella,
I hope both of you are doing well. I am doing fine. I have met a wonderful woman named Jenna Wilde. Jenna has long black hair, green eyes, a beautiful voice, a kind heart and slightly pale lips. Jenna and I are married, now, and have twins named Logan and Lucas. Logan is older by just a few seconds and has dark brown hair,light brown eyes, and a soft heart. Lucas, on the other hand has black hair, green eyes, and a tough heart. They may be twins but they are total opposites. Logan is into books and helping Jenna, while Lucas is into the outdoors, helping me hunt, and ladies. I am the best hunter in this town just like in the village and Jenna designs the best clothes, with a little help from Logan. The twins will be turning 15 years old soon. I wish both of you good health and happiness. Please write to me, my wife, and your cousins.
Sincerely, Hunter
The End