A Little bit longer | Teen Ink

A Little bit longer

By Blue-Streek BRONZE, Hamilton, Other
Blue-Streek BRONZE, Hamilton, Other

Snow fell from high above the city. The cars honked at one another. A lonely girl sat still on a roof. Thinking of her late father who died by a drunk driver. The pressure of the impact, the screams, the sound of sirens. Tears came down her face and froze. A song took over her mind, a song that her dad used to sing to her. 'All I can do is love you to pieces, give you a shoulder to cry when you need it.' Her face was in her arms. 'When the day is long and the night is coming down on you, all I can do.' Her face was all red with hives. 'It's all that I can do.' She broke down crying and felt lower then she did. 'You don't even know no no.' Her alarm clock went off and she hit the snooze. 'Come on Natasha!' She heard her mother through the door. 'Get up.' She heard her little brother through the door, running around. 'Michael, you're not gonna go to school wearing that are you?' Natasha threw the comforter off her body and got dressed. She came down the stairs and sat at the table. Her mom placed toast on the table, 'Where's the bacon?' Natasha asked. 'Sorry Hun, we're all out.' Natasha rolled her eyes and smiled, then started eating. There was a knock at the door and Michael immediately got up and ran. 'Do you think it's save for him to do that?' Natasha asked, trying to chew. 'Do what?' Her mother asked. 'Opening the door,' Natasha added, putting her curly, brown hair up in a pony-tail. 'Yo Superman. Is your sister ready?' Philip asked. Philip was Natasha's Bf for ever. His eyes were brown, his skin was black and he tries to hard to impress a girl. 'Yeah I'm ready, Mr. Tries to hard.' They walked out the door and started heading to school. When they got there, they went inside and Philip spoke. 'Another boring day, another boring teach, same boring classes.' He said. 'But hey that's what I go to school for.' He said yawing. Phil turned the corner and Natasha walked down the hall past a couple. A curly haired boy was talking to his girlfriend. 'So, the talent show is in 5 months, I have the perfect song for us to sing.' Mandy looked a little discussed. 'Okay. We'll go over it at lunch.' She said. She saw her friends and walked up to them. The boy watched the Mandy go to her firends and rolled his eyes to face Natasha. Natasha was at her locker when she heard a laugh, which sounded familiar. She backed up from her locker and saw her boyfriend with another girl. She didn't think much of it until she saw them kiss. She shook her head and whispered, 'Oh my gosh a womanizer.' She got her things from out of her locker and stayed in the middle of the hall. Dexter said bye and came towards her. 'Oh, hey.' He said, looking around for help. Natasha crossed her arms and stared at his green eyes. She never thought she would be the one to get stabbed in the back by a womanizer. (Beginning of Womanizer) 'Come on girl, you know you're my girl.' Natasha stomped her foot and the lights went out except for one. A spot light came on him and an office chair rolled down the hall.
Superstar
Where you from, how's it going?
I know you
Gotta clue, what you're doing?
You can play brand new to all the other chicks out here
But I know what you are, what you are, baby

Look at you
Gettin' more than just re-up
Baby, you
Got all the puppets with their strings up
Fakin' like a good one, but I call 'em like I see 'em
I know what you are, what you are, baby
Natasha pushed Dexter into the chair,
Womanizer
Woman-Womanizer
You're a womanizer
Oh Womanizer
Oh You're a Womanizer Baby
You, You You Are
You, You You Are
Womanizer, Womanizer, Womanizer

Boy don't try to front I (I) know just (just) what you are (are are)

You Got Me Goin'
You're Oh-So Charmin'
But I can't do it
U Womanizer

You Say I'm Crazy
I got Your Crazy
You're nothing but
A Womanizer

Daddy-O
You got the swagger of champion
Too bad for you
Just can't find the right companion
I guess when you have one too many, makes it hard
It could be easy
Who you are, that's who you are, baby

Lollipop
Must mistake me you're a sucker
To think that I
Would be a victim not another
Say it, play it how you wanna
But no way I'm ever gonna fall for you, never you, baby

Womanizer
Woman-Womanizer
You're a womanizer
Oh Womanizer
Oh You're a Womanizer Baby
You, You You Are
You, You You Are
Womanizer, Womanizer, Womanizer

You Got Me Goin'
You're Oh-So Charmin'
But I can't do it
U Womanizer

You Say I'm Crazy
I got Your Crazy
You're nothing but
A Womanizer

Maybe if we both lived in different worlds
(Womanizer Womanizer Womanizer Womanizer)
It would be all good, and maybe I could be ya girl
But I can't 'cause we don't
You...

Womanizer
Woman-Womanizer
You're a womanizer
Oh Womanizer
Oh You're a Womanizer Baby
You, You You Are
You, You You Are
Womanizer, Womanizer, Womanizer

You Got Me Goin'
You're Oh-So Charmin'
But I can't do it
U Womanizer

You Say I'm Crazy
I got Your Crazy
You're nothing but
A Womanizer

Womanizer
Woman-Womanizer
You're a womanizer
Oh Womanizer
Oh You're a Womanizer Baby
She snapped her fingers and walked away. 'Does this mean we're over?' He yelled. Natasha walked into class and sat down, tears rolled down her face, but she was a strong girl. Raywinne, her best friend since pre k, leaned over. 'What happened?' She asked, hiking up her glasses. 'The guy of my dreams turned out to be a guy of my nightmares.' The teacher looked up and saw Natasha in her seat. 'Natasha, you're late.' Mr. Tripper said. 'I know, I got detention at three.' Natasha said getting her notebook out. He nodded and looked back down. The bell rang and Natasha and Ray walked out of class and Phil caught up with them. 'Hey, how are the two favourite girls in my life?' Ray smiled and Natasha just looked down. 'Okay, massive mood change in here.' He said. 'Dexter was kissing another girl.' Natasha finally said. 'Oh snap.' He said, trying to picture it. 'Yeup, and then some how I broke into a dance and left him there. With an office chair and a spot light.' Ray looked at Phil oddly and they turned into their favorite class, Music. Natasha kept on walking. The boy swung open the doors to the auditorium and walked down the ails. He pictured crowds of kids cheering. He walked on the stage and looked up through his curls to see blinding spot light; he sat down at the piano, sitting on the left side of the stage. He unfolded a piece of paper and sat it on the holder. 'This is a song I written for my mom, when you hear it, you might know why.' He started playing the piano. 'Got the news today, Doctor says I had to stay A little bit longer and I'll be fine.' Natasha past the auditorium and heard the piano. She looked around and only saw a couple of girls laughing. One of them was Mandy, the girlfriend of the guy playing. He was a boy in her school who was something like a nerd, but at the same time, he was a great musician. 'Do you here him play?' She asked. Natasha shook her head and walked in and ducked down behind some chairs. She peered around the corner and saw the brown curly haired boy, playing the piano. 'And you don't know what you got till it's gone,' 'Is that Sloan?' Natasha whispered. 'And you don't know what it's like to feel so low. And every time you smile or laugh, you glow, you don't even know, no no,' He stopped and leaned back. He grabbed the piece of paper, and got up. He walked off the stage and into the curtain and Natasha got up and stared at the stage. 'Because you don't even know.' She sang walking through the doors. Sloan peered around the corner, and saw the doors close. Natasha walked down the hall and into her next class. After school, Ray was sitting on the stairs waiting for her friends. She was listening to her I pod and was dancing to it a little. The cold air was freezing but she didn't care. Phil came out behind her and looked around for Natasha. 'Where's Tasha?' He asked. Ray was still grooving to her music. 'Ray?' Phil asked. He poked her in the arm and she screamed. Phil started laughing, and Ray smacked him. 'Lighten up.' Phil said. 'Where's Tash?' Ray looked up and said, 'Detention.' Phil was in the mitts of choking. 'D'Det'detention?' Ray nodded. The doors opened and Natasha stepped out. 'What happened?' Phil said clinging to Tasha's shoulders. 'Nothing, I was only there for like what, six minutes?' Ray checked her watch. 'Forty, actually.' 'Great,' She said sarcastically. They walked down the stairs and down the road. Dexter stepped in front of them and grabbed Natasha by the arm. 'Look, I'm a type of guy that likes a lot of girls.' Natasha stepped on his foot and yanked her arm away. 'Too bad I HATE guys like that.' She kicked him and the stomach and started walking away. 'Reas!' Dexter yelled holding his stomach. Natasha turned around and saw Dexter's eyes through his blond hair. 'I'm not a sucker for green eyes.' Dexter straightened his back and started walking to her. 'Would you just back off? I broke it off.' She backed up and Dexter came closer. She punched him in the stomach and he grabbed her wrists and turned her around. 'Dude, *grunt* we are not gonna work his out. Especially tonight.' She struggled. 'Why do you keep pushing me away?' Dexter asked. Sloan and his brother Zack appeared over a hill and noticed the fight right away. 'Isn't that Natasha?' Zack asked. Sloan slowly nodded and saw Natasha flip Dexter over her head. They boys were stunned. 'I take a black belt. Move on.' She walked off and Sloan ran down the hill, he got caught on his shoe lace and rolled down the hill. 'Are you okay?' Zack yelled. 'Yeah, that's just the way I roll.' 'Wow.' Kids were saying as they surrounded Dexter. 'Natasha!' Sloan yelled. Natasha turned around and saw Sloan running. 'Hey.' She called. 'What's up?' Sloan jogged up and said, 'Nothing. Nice flip you did *breath* back there.' Natasha smiled. 'Been taking Martial arts since I was seven.' 'Cool, what did Dexter do?' Natasha rolled her eyes and Sloan put his hands up. 'Not that it's any off my business.' Natasha looked behind him and saw Dexter trying to hold his balance. 'He cheated on me and,' She looked at her wrists. 'Apparently abused me. Just now.' 'So you okay?' 'Yeah, I'll be fine.' Natasha looked at her watch. 'Shoot, time for me to fly. Sorry gotta go. See you tomorrow.' She ran off and Sloan just stood there, staring. Natasha ran in the door and threw her bag on the ground and ran up stairs to get her wallet. She bolted down the stairs and her mother caught her before she even touched the doorknob. 'Natasha.' She said. Natasha snapped her fingers faced her mother. 'Yes?' 'Where are you going?' Natasha showed her credit card. 'Mall. For the next few hours I'm gonna be with Ray, shopping for Christmas presents.' 'Un-Hun.' Her mother said turning back into the kitchen. 'Oh,' She said, as she remembered something. Natasha's hand, this time, was on the doorknob. 'Will you be back in time for dinner at 7:05?' 'I don't know? I'll call!' She yelled running down the drive way. Her mother watched her run and down the side walk. Sloan was sitting on his blow up chair strumming his guitar. Zack and Drake her on there beds fooling around with there instruments. 'Man, for Christmas, I would love to have the girl of my dreams.' Zack sat up. 'What about Mandy? Or the girl you tripped down the hill for?' 'Mandy's a little too quiet. And Natasha, I don't know.' Sloan fell back. 'All I want for Christmas is the girl of my dreams.' Natasha and Ray were sitting in the food court talking. Bags were drowning their feet. 'Speaking of which,' Natasha interrupted. 'What happened to you guys after Dexter came?' She asked. 'Girl, he scares us.' She said. Natasha rolled her eyes and sipped her hot chocolate. She placed it back down and said, 'Thanks to you guys, I had a very good conversation with Sloan today.' She sipped her drink again and saw her friend with bug eyes staring at her. She leaned to the side and spat out the hot chocolate. 'Does he like you?' She asked very excited. 'I don't know, maybe, how should I know. Besides he's not my type.' Natasha looked up through the sky light and saw snow flakes fall. 'But it is Christmas, anything can happen.'
Sloan-This Christmas time there's just one thing I want.
Natasha-It top's it all, it's better than eggnog.

Sloan- It's cold outside, my boots are full of snow.
Natasha-I'm just hoping for some mistle toe

Sloan-OHHHH

Both-You can take these presents, underneath my tree,
You can take this awesome scarf my grandma made for me,
You can take these boxes, tied up with string
'Cause all I want for Christmas is the girl/guy of my dreams.

YEAHHHH

Natasha-YEAHHH
Light's are goin' up it's Christmas time,
Sloan-But I just want that girl to be mine,
Natasha-My stocking's full but I'm not satisfied,
Sloan-No, No, No, Noooo,
Both-But I'll just wait until (I'm) she's by my(his) side,

Natasha-YEAHHH

Falalalala, lalalala

Faaaa la la laaa

You can take these presents, underneath my tree,
I would give it all, just to let you see,
That all I want for Christmas is the girl/guy of my dreams
The mall cheered and Natasha jumped off the bench. Everyone clapped and Natasha smiled. Ray walked up to her and said, 'That was amazing, I am amazed. You should so try out for the talent.' Natasha froze. 'Talent show?' She mouth. It was 5 years ago and she was at her school doing singing. She was singing Once upon a dream and messed up the whole song. The kids still tease her about it. Sloan backed away from the kitchen. 'I'm sorry, but I'm not gonna rap a girl for Christmas.' There mother said. The brothers looked at each other and oddly looked at there mother. 'Besides Christmas is in three days, not enough time to find some. Besides I already bought you a hippo.' She said pushing past them. 'Maybe if you be be good, you'll find what you're looking for.' 'Doubt it.' Sloan mouthed. New Year came and Mandy was at Sloan's house. 'Could you get me some water?' She asked Sloan. 'Why? You have a cup right there?' Mandy sat up, 'Yeah but its worm.' Sloan immediately stood up. 'I have had it with you! We never talk during school, every time I'm around you, you get all snobby. My water's too worm, can u get me my make up bag. You care more about your stupid appearance. And every time were on a date, you always invite your friends and hardly talk to me. I had it.'
Told you I made dinner plans
For you and me and no one else
That don't include your crazy friends
Well I'm done
With awkward situation's empty
conversations

Oohh This is an S.O.S.
Don't wanna second guess
This is the bottom line
It's true
I gave my all for you
Now my heart's in two
And I can't find the other half
It's like I'm walking on broken glass
Better believe I bled
It's a call I'll never get

So this is where the story ends
A conversation on IM
Well I'm done with texting
Sorry for the miscommunication

Oohh This is an S.O.S.
Don't wanna second guess
This is the bottom line
It's true
I gave my all for you
Now my heart's in two
And I can't find the other half
It's like I'm walking on broken glass
Better believe I bled
It's a call I'll never get

Next time I see you
I'm giving you a high five
Cuz hugs are overrated just FYI

Oohh This is an S.O.S.
Don't wanna second guess
This is the bottom line
It's true
I gave my all for you
now my heart's in two
Oohh This is an S.O.S.

Don't wanna second guess
This is the bottom line
It's you
I gave my all for you
now my heart's in two
And I can't find the other half
It's like I'm walking on broken glass
better believe I bled
It's a call I'll never get
Christmas break was over and the New Year started off the same as all ways. Natasha got up, ate breakfast, and went to school with Phil. She got there and looked at her school. 'Dad, make it another good day.' She said walking inside. Dexter was there, waiting at her locker. 'Oh man.' She said, rolling her eyes. 'What do you want now Dext?' She said looking at him. 'I come to say I'm sorry.' Natasha looked at him and pushed past him. 'The damage has been done.' She said opening her locker. 'Come on girl you got me going crazy.' He said. 'I don't care.' She said closing her locker. 'You all ready put my heart on a shelf. I took it down and I'm gonna give my love to some one else.' She walked away and saw Sloan. 'Hey Sloan what's up?' Sloan turned around and smiled, 'nothing much, just got back from Australia.' Natasha was surprised. 'Meet any kangaroos?' She joked. Sloan laughed and saw, at the corner of his eye, Dexter getting insanely jealous. 'I think Dexter's getting annoyed.' He said. Natasha turned around and nodded. 'Of course. He still thinks we're dating. Let's go.' They walked away and Dexter hit the lockers. 'Man, he has got to learn to take a breath.' Drake said. 'Yeah,' Zach said turning around.
Little by little for the next four an half months, the snow has been melting away, the air got warmer and without even knowing it, Natasha and Sloan slowly got closer. It was the beginning of June and the talent show was 2 weeks away. Phil, Raywinn and Natasha were in Natasha's room, bugging her about the talent show. 'Guys I can't do this.' She said falling on her bed. 'I just can't sing in front of all those people by myself.' Ray spun around on the computer chair and said, 'What song are you gonna sing?' She asked. Natasha sat up and looked nervous. 'I was so worried about the show I completely forgot about the song.' Ray and Phil looked at each other. Sloan was sitting in the living room with his brothers and there instruments. 'Dude, we need a song.' Zach asked. Sloan strummed the guitar. 'We need two,' He said. 'We have to sing two.' Drake sat up. 'S.O.S. Just S.O.S ' He said, staring out the window. Natasha started pacing. 'Why don't you have Sloan and his brothers play with you?' Phil asked. Natasha turned and stared at him. She ran up to him and hugged him. 'You are a genius.' Ray grabbed a piece of paper and a pen, 'June 2 2009, Phil had an idea.' She said. Phil looked at her and said, 'Jealous?' Natasha walked around the room. 'I guess I have too ask him tomorrow.' She said. The next day, around lunch time, Sloan and Drake were sitting by a tree. 'So it's, Now I'm speechless over the edge I'm just breathless, I never thought that I'd catch this Love bug again.' Sloan nodded. Natasha and Ray were in the parking lot watching the brothers play. 'I can't do this.' She said. 'Why not?' Ray asked. Natasha bit her lower lip. 'Because, I think I'm starting to have feelings for him.' Raywinn almost fainted. 'You like him?' She asked. 'It feels like were just friends, but it also feels like I could date him.' Natasha confessed Ray pushed Natasha a little and done a little 'go ahead' hand jester. Natasha started walking and kept looking back until she came up behind the tree. 'So who'd you written the song for?' Drake asked. 'A girl I liked for a while now.' Sloan said. 'Natasha Reas.' Natasha hid behind the tree. 'Oh no.' She said. Come on girl; just go for it she thought. 'Hey.' She said, coming out from behind the tree. Sloan looked up and said, 'Hey.' Natasha leaned against the tree. 'I need to ask you a favour.' She started telling him the full story and Dexter was watching from afar. The brothers looked at each other and Natasha sat down. 'Hey,' Mandy said. 'What are you looking at?' She asked. 'Your boyfriend with my ex.' He said. 'They're going to go for the talent show.' You could tell he wasn't pleased. 'Actually Sloan and I grown apart over the break.' Mandy said. Mandy got an idea. She looked around and noticed Dexter and three members from the football team headed to the friends. 'This is going to be good.' She said. Natasha was looking over the lyrics for the song everyone in the talent show is supposed to sing at the end. 'Turn this park into a club the stars and lights and the moon is a vibe from above
these skateboard heels all right so cool everyone is waiting for us.' Sloan looked up and noticed the jocks coming over. 'Natasha,' He said pointing behind her. She turned around and said, 'Crap.' 'What are you guys doing over here?' He said. Natasha and everyone else stood up. 'Would you just move on?' Natasha asked. 'Natasha, I can't live without you.' Natasha crossed her arms and smiled. 'Good.' The jocks pushed Sloan and Drake against the tree. Natasha ducked out and started running. She ran until she bumped into Zack, who was getting up to throw out his lunch. She whipped the food off of her and painted out, 'Your brothers are in trouble.' She moved her brown straightened hair out of her face and Zach stood up. 'Where?' He said. They ran down the sidewalk and found the guys about to get punched. 'You take the other two, Dexter's all mine.' They ran up to them and Natasha kicked Dexter in the back of his legs. Zack punched the guys in the back. Sloan and Drake grabbed there stuff and ran. Zack fallowed and Natasha jumped off Dexter's back and joined them. 'Music room.' She said. They all went in different directions and Natasha came out of a door. 'Guys, this way! It's faster.' She screamed. The boys came back and they ran through the doors. They bolted down the hall and turned the corner. Drake opened the door and they pushed themselves in. 'Well, this is interesting.' He said, as they saw the orchestra. They waved and backed up into the hall. 'Where do we go now?' Zach asked. They heard the jocks coming. Natasha looked straight ahead, 'Right here.' She said opening the door right in front of them. It was the storage room. She flicked on the light and saw old tables, desks and chairs. 'This might be good,' Zach said, putting the guitars a table. 'Awesome room to practice.' He said. 'I guess, so what is our first song?' They all sat down on a table in a circle and started thinking. 'This could be harder then I thought.' Drake said. The bell rang and Sloan spoke up. 'We'll meet back here during lunch and my house after.' Natasha smiled and nodded her head. 'Cool, but is it okay if Phil and Raywinn come?' Natasha asked. Zach shrugged. 'Why not?' He said. They left and walked to their classes. Sloan walked into his class and sat down and took out his song journal. Mandy was behind him and noticed that he was writing a song. She saw the words love and edge, hopeless, heels and moment. 'Writing a song about a special girl?' She asked. Sloan turned around, 'Yeah.' He said. 'And it's not you.' Mandy's jaw dropped. 'Are you kidding me? Every song you write should be about me.' Sloan turned around. 'How about this: Video girl who rocked my world for a whole two seconds and now I know, I'm not about to be another victim of a video girl syndrome.' He turned around and started thinking and tapping a beat. After school, Ray and Phil waited around school for Natasha. Phil, every 5 minutes, checked his watch. Natasha finally came out with Zack. 'Hey, guys.' Natasha said. 'Feel like hanging out at Zack's house?' 'Why?' 'Because, Phil's genius plan worked. I told them what happened and they said sure, but I am gonna need your help.' Ray looked at each other. 'Like what?' They walked into Sloan's house and Natasha was about to faint. 'Dude, I would love to live in your house.' Phil said, pretty much drooling. The floor was covered in perfectly whitened tiles, there were two staircases facing the opposite way and 3 entrance ways to 3 different rooms. 'Luckey. ' Raywinn said. They went inside Sloan's bed room and saw all these posters of famous singers and comedians. 'Cool.' Ray said. 'K lets get too work.' Drake said. They started practicing. For the next three hours, they would not stop. And Sloan wouldn't stop staring at Natasha. After three hours, it was seven o'clock and Phil and Raywinn were getting ready to leave. Sloan got up to say bye and a piece of paper fell from his pocket. Natasha picked it up and started reading it. 'And you don't know what it's like to feel so low, and every time you smile or laugh you glow, you don't even know.' Her eyes widened. 'It was him.' She said. 'Because you don't even know.' She sang as she folded the piece of paper and turned around. Sloan was standing right there. Surprised. 'It was you?' He asked. 'You're the one that heard me sing?' Natasha nodded. 'It wasn't bad, you just need more instruments.' They looked at each other. 'That could be our song.' They said. They got insanely excited and they hugged and, they stopped getting excited. Natasha looked around and pushed herself away. 'I better go to.' She said. She walked past him and left. Drake came in and looked at Sloan. 'You okay Sloan?' He asked. Sloan turned around. 'I think I just found the girl of my dreams.' He said. Then he got a stupid grin on his face and fainted. 'I new today would've been a good day for him to wear a helmet.' Drake said, shaking his head. 'Bye.' Natasha said, waving bye to Zack. She walked down the steps and looked back. 'All I wanted for Christmas is the guy of my dreams.' She continued walking and it started to rain. She got on the sidewalk and twirled around a little. 'All I can do.' She sang as she spun around. Sloan was sitting on his bed and having his brothers fan him and giving him air. 'Hold on.' Drake joked. 'Just take a breath.' Sloan finally let out a breath. 'Dude, I don't think I can live without her now.' Sloan said. Natasha was about to turn onto her driveway, when a car came right at her. At the hospital, Natasha was hooked up to a whole bunch of tubes. Her mother was sitting beside the bed, waiting for a sign. Raywinn and Phil were watching from afar. Ray was in tears and Phil was shaking his head. Sloan was in his room reading when the phone rang. He ignored it, and Zack got it. After a few seconds of listening to Zach try to get the whole story, he heard, 'What?!' He hung up and Sloan got up. 'What happened?' Drake asked. 'It's Natasha.' He said. At the hospital, Natasha was still unconscious. Sloan ran in the door, 'What happened? Where is she?' He was looking at Natasha, who was as pale as the moon. He was scared and worried all at the same time. 'She's steady, but they don't know how long she'll be like this.' She got up and left. Michael was asleep in a chair, by the window. Ray and Phil looked at each other and slowly got up. 'Bye Tash see you tomorrow.' Ray said running out the door in tears. Sloan sat down on the chair beside her bed. 'Hey,' He said, trying to hold beck the tears. 'Look, I know you don't know who hit you, but I promise you, I will find out who.' He grabbed her hand and her fingers curved in, like she was holding his hand. He looked at her and kissed her on her cheek. 'See you tomorrow.' He got up and left. In the mind of the unconscious girl, Natasha was sitting in the dark. She was on her knees, hunched over. 'Hold on.' A voice said. 'Just hold on.' She looked up and said, 'Dad, help me.' She sighed and fell forward. It was a week later and Sloan was in his class listening to Mr. Tripper. Then as he read his song, he got an idea. He arrived at the hospital, with his guitar and went into Natasha's room. He sat down and took her hand. 'Hey, it's me Sloan. I came up with an idea, hoping this will get you out of unconsciousness.' He said getting his guitar ready.
'If the heart is always searching,
Can you ever find a home?
I've been looking for that someone,
I'll never make it on my own.
Dreams can't take the place of loving you,
There's gotta be a million reasons why it's true

When you look me in the eyes,
And tell me that you love me.
Everything's alright,
When you're right here by my side.
When you look me in the eyes,
I catch a glimpse of heaven.
I find my paradise,
When you look me in the eyes.
In Natasha's mind, she looked up. Her green eyes with a brown outline looked straight up. 'Sloan?' She asked.

How long will I be waiting,
To be with you again
Gonna tell you that I love you,
In the best way that I can.
I can't take a day without you here,
You're the light that makes my darkness disappear.

When you look me in the eyes,
And tell me that you love me.
Everything's alright,
When you're right here by my side.
When you look me in the eyes,
I catch a glimpse of heaven.
I find my paradise,
When you look me in the eyes.

Everyday, I start to realize,
I can reach my tomorrow,
I can hold my head high,
And it's all because you're by my side.

When you look me in the eyes,
And tell me that you love me.
Everything's alright,
When you're right here by my side.
When I hold you in my arms
I know that it's forever
I just gotta let you know
I never wanna let you go

Cause when you look me in the eyes.

And tell me that you love me.
Everything's alright,
When you're right here by my side.
When you look me in the eyes,
I catch a glimpse of heaven.
I find my paradise,
When you look me in the eyes.
Oh
He patted his guitar and looked around. 'So,' He said, looking at her. 'Are you conscious yet?' She didn't move. 'It was worth a shot.' He said. 'By the way, since I know you're still out of it, I wrote the song'because I got a crazy kind's crush on you.' He kissed her on the cheek. 'See you after the Talent Show on Monday.' He said getting up and heading towards the door. 'Good night and good bye.' He said as he closed the door. Their was a voice in her head. 'Hunny, you have to wake up. Natasha Reas!' Natasha opened her eyes. 'Dad?' She looked around. 'The Talent show is in three days?' She cried sitting up. The nurse came in with a tray of needles and dropped them as she saw Natasha with her eyes wide open. 'Way to scare me half to death.' She said. 'Ditto.' Natasha said holding her heart. 'Can you call my mom and let me talk to her?' The nurse stood up with the tray and nodded while saying, 'Sure.' The phone was ringing at the Reas's house and Marana answered. 'Hello?' She said. 'Hey mom,' Natasha said. 'Natasha?' Marana asked, squeezing the phone cord. 'Yeup, can you come here. I need to talk to you about something.' 'Of course.' Marana said. After 2 days of testing in the hospital, Natasha was finally able to leave. She was walking a little funny, but she was gonna work on that. Monday morning. The sounds of the bird's sweet song, danced around in her room. 'Talent Show day.'Natasha said getting up. 'La, la,la,la laaa.' She sang as she got her shirt and pants on. 'Today's the day to start burning up the charts.' She said as she twirled around in her room. 'Wahoo!' She said sliding down the railing. 'Slow down Natasha.' Marana said as Natasha sat in her seat. She ate her breakfast and went to go watch some TV. 'She's starting to scare me mommy.' Michael said covering his eyes. Marana went too go wash some dishes. Sloan was standing in front of his locker, feeling really bad that Natasha wasn't going to be there. 'Ready for the show?' Drake asked. Sloan looked at him. 'No, but Natasha would want me to do it.' Sloan said. 'Yeah, and good new? We found a substitute.' Sloan looked at him. 'Who?' Drake hesitated. 'Mandy.' Sloan was speechless. 'Mandy?' Zack ran up to them. 'Dude, the Talent Show is today.' He said jumping. 'I'm nervous.' Sloan looked at Drake. 'If you need me, I'll be practicing.' He said walking away. 'What's he mad about?' Zack said, Drake smacked him at the back of his head and walked off. 'What?' He asked looking around. Around noon, a blue car pulled up to the front of the school. Natasha got out and ran inside. She bolted down to the auditorium and jumped on the stage, she looked around and pictured the whole school filling up the seats. 'Whoa.' She said swallowing hard. She ran behind some curtains and the Drama teacher, Mrs. Propsperous. 'Mrs. P.' Natasha said running up to her. 'Oh, Natasha you're back. Are you okay?' Natasha put her hands up, 'I'm fine.' She said. 'I just got hit by a car. I'll tell you about it later, just tell Sloan and his friends to keep on playing no matter what happens.' She said. 'And make sure you don't tell them, or anybody that I'm here.' She said with nervousness in her eyes. 'Very well,' Mrs. Propsperous said, 'But they already have another girl.' Natasha looked around. 'What?' 'Mandy agreed to be their lead girl.' Natasha got a plan. 'I gotta go.' 'Where would you be?' Mrs. Propsperous asked. Natasha looked at her and looked around. 'Hiding.' She said. She ran off, and the teacher looked around. 'Strange girl.' She said. When the clock struck two, the kids came down to the auditorium. The kids that were in the show stayed off stage and behind the curtains. Marana and Michael sat down and got comfortable. As soon as the last bunch of kids came in, they closed the doors and Natasha cam out of a room. 'Show time.' She said. The lights darkened in the room and Mrs. Propsperous came out on stage. 'Welcome to our 22end annual talent show.' She said and the room started to clap. 'First up we have Dexter Forttler and his brother Gramme.' She said getting off stage. Dexter and Gramme came on stage and started singing Underdog. 'Oh my gosh.' Natasha said as she listened to them. 'Their not bad.' She said. After three more dances, it was finally the turn for Sloan, Drake, Zack, Phil, Raywinn and Mandy. 'Remember,' Mrs. Propsperous said. 'Whatever happens just keep playing.' She said as she went out on stage to introduce them. 'Ladies and Gentlemen, I am pleased to introduce Sloan, Drake and Zack Jonas and Mandy Nerus, singing with Phil Smith and Raywinn Flatter.' They came on stage and got set up. 'Hey,' Sloan said. 'This first song I am, I mean we are going to sing is Love bug.' Natasha gulped. 'Great, the song he wrote for me.' She said coming in. 'This song was written for a girl I have a massive crush in since for ever.' He sat down. Mandy flipped her hair. 'Here it goes.'
Sloan-Called you for the first time yesterday
Finally found the missing part of me
Felt so close but you were far away
Left me without anything to say

Drake-Now I'm speechless, over the edge
I'm just breathless
I never thought that I'd catch this love bug again
Hopeless, head over heels in the moment
I never thought that I'd get hit by this love bug again

Natasha started walking down the ails and started to sing.

Natasha-I can't get your smile out of my mind
Mandy dropped her jaw. Sloan looked up and saw Natasha coming down the stairs.
Drake- [I can't get you out of my mind]
Natasha-I think about your eyes all the time
The crowd started to cheer and Natasha came on stage. Zach was too stunned to even say a word. Ray smiled and never kept her eyes off her best friend.
Natasha-You're beautiful but you don't even try
Drake-(You don't even, don't even try)
Modesty is just so hard to find

All-Now I'm speechless,
Drake and Sloan-over the edge I'm just breathless
All-Hopeless, head over heels in the moment

Sloan-Kissed her for the first time yesterday
Natasha-Everything I wished that it would be
Sloan-Suddenly I forgot how to speak
Natasha-Hopeless,
Sloan-breathless
Natasha-Baby
Sloan-can't
Natasha-you
Both-see?

Drake-Now I'm...

(Guitar solo)

Drake and Natasha-YEAH!
As the boys sung the first part of the chorus, Natasha was singing the second part. And when it came to the second part of the chorus, Natasha sung the first part and the boys sung the second part.
[ohhh]
Love Bug again!'
The crowd cheered and Sloan hugged Natasha. 'I thought you were out of it at least until after the show.' Sloan said, whipping away a tear. Natasha kissed him on the cheek. 'I'm here now, so'let's start rocking!' She screamed into her microphone. The crowd got wired and Dexter and Mandy crossed their arms. 'I hit her with a car and she still takes my boyfriend.' Mandy said. Natasha turned and widened her eyes. She walked off stage and grabbed Mandy's arm. 'You're a real (hand movement) grrrr... I can't even say it. 'This next song is dedicated to my former girlfriend Mandy. Hear the song, you will know why.'
Drake-You met in work, you should've known better
It's gonna suck when the camera stops rolling
And you'll find out soon that the treatment wasn't worth it

Natasha-They're all the same, they all want the money
They're all insane, they live for fame, honey
They laugh at you when you're not even being funny

Sloan-Well, I've been here before
And I've seen firsthand and front row seat
This little thing they call a video girl

All-Video girl rocked my world for a whole two seconds
And now I know I'm not about to be another victim
Of the video girl syndrome

Get out of my face, get out of my space
Get some class and kiss the past
'Cause I'm not about to be another victim
Of the video girl syndrome

Drake-You know it's bad when your mama doesn't like her
All your friends sayin' she's a liar
Never ending phone calls aren't enough
Sloan-It's not enough, it's never enough

Natasha-Move to LA, got no talent
Not even like you won a Miss Teen pageant
Daddy pays your bills but you still whine

Sloan-Well, I've been here before
What happens to a man when he gets in the hands of a

Of the video girl syndrome

Get out of my face, get out of my space
Get some class and kiss the past
Of the video girl syndrome

Drake-You are never gonna see me miss her
Video girl syndrome
Sloan-I'm not gonna be another victim
Of the video girl syndrome

Of the video girl syndrome

Get out of my face, get out of my space
Get some class and kiss the past
I'm not about to be another victim
Of the video girl syndrome
I won't be a victim
Drake-Of the video girl syndrome
Again, the crowd was up and dancing. Natasha looked at Mandy and Ray came up and hugged her best friend. Phil got off the drums and also hugged her. 'Now the very last song.' Zack said. 'It's a song that is dedicated to our mother after she was in the hospital for a heart transplant.' Natasha jumped on the piano and Zack and Drake grabbed their guitars. Ray grabbed her viola and Phil got back on the drums. Sloan started.
Sloan-Got the news today
But they said I had to stay
A little bit longer and I'll be fine
When I thought it'd all be done
When I thought it'd all been said
A little bit longer and I'll be fine

But you don't know what you got 'til it's gone
And you don't know what it's like to feel so low
And every time you smile or laugh you glow
You don't even know, no, no.
You don't even know.

Natasha-All this time goes by
Still no reason why
A little bit longer and I'll be fine.
Waitin' on a cure
But none of them are sure
A little bit longer and I'll be fine
Both- But you don't know what you got 'til it's gone
You don't know what it's like to feel so low.
You don't even know, no, no.
You don't even know, no, no.
Natasha jumped off the piano and went behind it
Sloan-You don't even know, no, no

(guitar solo)
Natasha came back out from behind and started playing along side Sloan's brother Zack.
Sloan-But you don't know what you got 'til it's gone.
And you don't know what it's like to feel so low, yeah!
You don't even know!
Yeah! Oooh oh oowhoa!

Sloan-So I'll wait 'til kingdom come.
Natasha-All the highs and lows are gone.
Sloan-A little bit longer and I'll be fine.
Natasha jumped off the piano and Sloan got up. They stared at each other until they finished.
Both-I'll be fine
The crowd gave another up roar and the friends took a bow. They ran off stage and the teacher started talking. 'This has been one of the weirdest Talent Show I had every hosted. And now the very last song to end our show for this year, Give it up for the Talent Show people!'
Natasha-C'mon guys tell me what we're doin'
We're hangin' 'round when we could be all over the pla-a-a-ace
The sun is shinin' just the way we like it
Let's get outta this hallway show the world our fa-a-a-ace
It's Friday but there's no where to go
Anywhere is cool but we're not goin' home
We can do anything we wanna do
It's all up to me and you

Natasha and Zack-Turn this park into a club
The stars are lights
And the moon is a vibe from above
Skateboard, here's our ride
So pull on up, everyone is waiting for us
Anywhere we are, anywhere we go, everybody knows
We got the party with us
We got the party with us

Natasha-We got the party with us
Zack-We got the party with us

Drake-Radio let me be a DJ, I'll turn you up
Keep it movin' till we're on a ro-o-o-oll

Drake and Natasha-Everyone is dancin' to their own beat
And letting go, everybody here's got a so-o-o-oul

Sloan-It's Friday and there's nowhere to be
We're kickin' it together it's so good to be free

Natasha and Sloan-We got each other and that's all we need
The rest is up to you and me

All the drama kids-Turn this park into a club
The stars are lights
And the moon is a vibe from above
Skateboard, here's our ride
We got the party with us
We got the party with us

Sloan-we got the party with us
We got the party with us

Natasha-We got the party

Life is for dreamers and I'm a believer
That nothing can stand in our way
Today let's find a place to play (yeah!)

The drama kids-Turn this park into a club
The stars are lights
And the moon is a vibe from above
Skateboard, here's our ride
We got the party with us
We got the party with us

Natasha, Sloan, Drake, Raywinn, Zack and Phil-Turn this park into a club
The stars are lights
And the moon is a vibe from above
Skateboard, here's our ride
We got the party with us

We got the party
We got the party
We got the party
We got the party with us
We got the party with us!

Again, the crowd was in an up roar. The kids took a bow and Natasha and Sloan hugged. Mandy pushed past them and interrupted. 'Why do you always win!' She screamed at Natasha. 'I get my brother to hit you with a car and you still win.' The crowd gasped. 'That was you?' Sloan said. 'Yes and I'm proud of it.' The drama teacher came on stage and grabbed Mandy's arm. 'I will have revenge.' She yelled as she was pulled behind the certains.
It was July, the worm summer air blew through the trees, the birds flew over the tree that Sloan and Natasha were under, as they are having a little picnic. Sloan and Natasha were sitting on the grass. The air was warm and the wind was cool. Natasha grabbed a cup of chocolate pudding and a spoon and started eating some of it. Sloan lied down and spoke up. 'Just one thing to say here,' He cleared his voice. 'I've been hurt before, so promise me that if you want to break up, don't cheat on me.' He said, worry in his voice. 'And don't put my heart on a shelf.' Natasha lied down and said, 'Maybe.' He nodded his head, in agreement, and suddenly realized what she said. 'What?' He said. Natasha placed her hands behind her head and said laughed, 'That depends on how you'd treat me on a date.' He nodded his head and said, 'Okay,'
Sloan-I'll pick you up at 7
We can drive around and see a movie
Every scene will have a meaning
But you'll be the one that moves me

I've been hurt before
So baby promise that you're gonna be true
I'm gonna be be good so tell me that you're gonna be good too

Yeah!

You gotta be be good to me
I'm gonna be be good to you
We'll be happy as can be
Just gotta be be good to me, baby!

Natasha-I'm gonna treat you right
We'll never fight
Now baby you can trust me
When I hold you tight
I feel alright
I guess that I'm just lucky

I've been hurt before
So baby promise that you're gonna be true oh

Oh!

You gotta be be good to me
I'm gonna be be good to you
We'll be happy as can be
Just gotta be be good to me
Baby!

Sloan-Listen girl, you gotta be good
I don't wanna hurt you
I wanna KISS you!

Sloan-Come on, come on,
Natasha- come over here!

Both-You gotta be be good to me
I'm gonna be be good to you
We'll be happy as can be
Just gotta be be good to me
You gotta be be good to me
I'm gonna be be good to you
We'll be happy as can be
Just gotta be be good to me
Baby!

C'mon! C'mon!

Sloan-YEAH!

Listen girl, you're out of control
I think you and me
Would be a great
Cou-ple
Yeah

Natasha fell on the grass and Sloan fell beside her. 'You know, last year had to be the most rocking' year of my life.' Natasha said. 'I know, we had some pretty good times.' Sloan said. They got up and Natasha brushed grass off her back. She looked up and got kissed on the lips. She enjoyed it until Sloan pushed himself away. 'Sorry about that.' He said. Natasha whipped sweat off her face and looked at him. 'Oh, look I'm burning up for you.' She said. Sloan rolled his eyes and Natasha kissed him back. 'Way to turn the tables.' He said. Then this time, they both kissed each other. A long romantic kiss.