Fifth | Teen Ink

Fifth

January 30, 2016
By SamaSky BRONZE, Lehi, Utah
SamaSky BRONZE, Lehi, Utah
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.
-Coco Chanel


I am sixteen.

Which means I have to be tested. In the Cosmosylum. A room where they test our Powers. if we fail, that means we possess no Powers. But if you get a perfect score, you have Powers and you are given a necklace that allows you to use your Powers. Dad has Powers. Mother doesn’t. Alice has Powers, Glaw doesn’t. They all believe I will have the strongest of powers, because in Avive, five is a very powerful number.

I am the fifth person in my family.

I live in Avive, the fifth House in The Five Houses of Aries. I have dark hair that was always straight - much like the other people in House Avive- and bright hazel eyes. My last name is Chrystalitaleon and I am sixteen.

I pull out my Connector and try calling Mother. I’m on the GALAXYTRAX to the Cosmosylum. I have to leave Avive and go to the Center Dome of Aries, because that is where the Cosmosylum is. Before I know it, we are out in the Galaxy. The Galaxy Train passes The Fourth House, Dilani, and The Third House, Teutorigos and then, it arrives at the Center Dome, where the Guardian and her family lives. I’ve only been in the Center Dome twice; once for the summoning of my father’s uncle to be sworn in as a Governant in the Center Dome and another for a birthday party that my friend Nili threw when she was five and when her parents had gallons of money.

As the Galaxy Train glides at a stop in the shimmery silver dome almost as big as two Houses. Immediately, I am rushed out by a crowd of stranger Tourists who have never been here before and women with strollers. My golden bag had been bustled about, so everything was in a jumble. As an Avivian, neat and orderly is what I grew up by, so seeing a mess in my possession gives me a tiny panic attack.

I head toward the massive sign next to a massive building that read, Cosmosylum: Testing Building. As I enter the marble building, I am greeted by a perfectly sculpted, olive skin-colored face with deep hazel eyes that take me all the way to Taurus across the Zodiac Galaxy; which means he is an Tauran

He gleams a shimmery smile at me and says, “I’m Darren. How can I help you?” It takes me a while to respond, as I was lost in his golden eyes.

“Uh, yes, um, I am here to be tested. My name is Blair Chrystalitaleon.” I finally manage to stutter.

He nods and pulls a few papers from his desk and asks me, “Which House?”

“Avive.”

“What day were you born?”
“Fifth of April.”

After we were done with the questioning, he speaks into his Connector and says, “Can we get a glass of chilled water please? And is there a room cleared? We have a testee.” A few minutes later, a tall, tan girl with black, sleek hair comes with a bluetooth Connector stuck to her ear and a tall glass of the chilled water in her hands.

“Blair,” He starts. “This is your Guide, Mita, that was assigned to you. Once you are decided a power and ready to go back home, she will scan her card on a Card Reader and will no longer be your guide.” He gives me a thumbs up and gestures to Mita to take me to the testing room.

Mita hands me the water and smiles at me. “Are you feeling nervous?” She says in a calming voice that mucuh reminds me of my mother. I nod, sipping on the frigid water.

“You must have noticed my sweaty palms.” I say, looking down at my hands, giggling. Mita joined in on the laughter as we reached the room. She gave me a pair of round Malachites; Connectors for eyes that connect to Space only. They use it during testing because it helps Soul ourselves to see any threats to the Zodiac. If we see a threat and are able to defeat it and de-Soul ourselves successfully, then we are granted a power necklace.

Mita gave me a small pep talk before I went into the black-as-ebony room.

“No matter what happens, you are who you are, powers or no powers. If you don’t leave here with a necklace, it’s just fine. But if you are granted a necklace, then you achieved your goal. there is no failing this test. You either get powers or not.” she said. I sense that she has done this many times before, because she sounded like she rehearsed it every morning.

I nodded and went in. Right as I got in, I slipped on the Malachites and Souled myself. I felt a buzzing through my body, and in seconds, I was in the middle of Space. I look around me for any threats. Nothing. My head turned to Taurus. I immediately remebered Darren. But beside Taurus, I saw an glowing white figure inching towards me.

Was this the threat? Most threats are an inky black and come from across Zodiac. I didn’t believe it was a threat, but I still tried defeating it. I closed my eyes and imagined my powers. A purple glowing ball appeared in my hand, and it was levitating as if it was ready to be aimed at the silky white figure. I Center myself in front of the Silk Figure and fire the glow ball at it. Before it hits the figure, an explosion hits my body, and I am thrust back to Earth.