They’re Coming | Teen Ink

They’re Coming

When she awoke on that cold December morning of 2014, she could barely believe her eyes. The larted scaffold across her window lore the message of foreboding, of which Versa had warned her inmates. They hadn’t believed her, when she told them, what was going on. They giggled, telling her: You’re was crazy. At night, she lay in her bed, muttering the two words that were spray painted onto the boarded scaffold: It’s coming. She had hardly believed it herself, if it hadn’t been staring right at her. To truly decide if it was real or not, she contacted a person, who could read her mind. She grabbed the phone, dialing the number of the mind reader.
After the brief call, determining it was in fact real, she went to investigate. She closely observed the scaffold, looking for any clues of who could’ve written it. It was smeared on, as if it were written in children's finger paint. But, the red was to rich and the letters to streaked to be anything but blood. As she looked at the words more carefully, she remembered a story they used to tell back on Earth. It wasn’t: It’s coming. But rather: They’re coming. She tried to remember, who they were.
For weeks, she looked through all Earth historical records. The search was made easier, as she already knew want culture to look into. She looked at the myths of the Sumerian. Upon, getting to a record about the Sumerian gods and goddesses, she readed the words, Anunnaki and Nibiru. But, she couldn’t remember the importance of the words. She asked the record droid.
“Anunnaki is Sumerian word for: ‘Those who from the heavens came to earth,’” said the droid, hovering over. She remembered her grandmother telling her about them. The droid placed it’s arms behind it’s back,  “And Nibiru was their home world and is translated to: ‘The planet of the crossing’.”
She thought, I have to warn Earth. She remembered that Nibiru also meant: Doomsday. She left the room heading to the transmissions chamber. She heard, “An unknown planet is approaching Earth.”
Guards came out, saying, “The prison will be evacuated in ten minutes.”
She didn’t know what to do, as people rushed to the escape pods. She looked out of one of the prison windows, seeing a planet nearing Earth. She didn’t know want to do, as orangey-red world seemed to appear out of nowhere. It was much larger than the Earth and was even a bit larger than the sun. Hell was being released on the entire world. Everything was going crazy, as strange space ships started flying towards the planet. The Earth was lost.