Captalia: Chapter 1 | Teen Ink

Captalia: Chapter 1

The Fading of the Smoke

The smoke had faded, a person stood alone in a field of ashes. As he stared off into the distance at the once glimmering city, the sun began to rise. The person was of average height for a mid to late twenty. He had short dark blonde hair, which was in the same style as David Tennant's hair in Doctor Who. He also had a unique color of blue, a grey blue or a steel blue to his eyes. He did resemble David Tennant and Chris Hardwick somewhat. He wore an all grey uniform, which indicated he was apart of the military. On the left sleeve was the insignia of the state, the Cosmic Blossom. It did look similar to the imperial uniforms from original trilogy of  Star Wars.
Then two other people walked over to him, thinking, The world needs more than just a city. But, the person looked at them with great sadness in his eyes of knowing what he had do. As the three stood there watching the sun shining on the last of the great gilded towers, a jeep rolled up. Two people walked out, looking at the damage and destruction. He walked over to the two, saying, “This is what the H--- you made me into!”
“Don’t blame us for this, Will,” said one of the people, crossing his arms. He was also the same height as Will, maybe a bit taller and was the same age. He had short brown hair, which was longer than a buzz cut. His eyes were a dark blue. He looked similar to Jeremy Shada. Unlike what Will was wearing, he wore an all white uniform, which wasn't a military standards, but indicated his special post.
“What are you talking about, Ian!?”
“This is who you are,,” said the other, turning to Will. He was a bit older than Ian and Will. But, he wore the same white uniform as Ian, but had a grey trench coat and wore glasses. He had black or very dark brown hair. His eyes were a dark brown. He was also very skinny.
“This isn't me,” Will pointed to himself, walking up the Shawn, “none of this.”
“Oh, this was exactly you,” Shawn motion at the ashed covered field. He then turned back to Will, “All of this!”
“Then why didn't you stop me?”
“No one could have stop this.”
“You could have tried,” Will had fury in his eyes.
“I couldn't have,” Shawn placed his hands on Will’s shoulders. He looked down, pulling Will into a hug, whispering in Will’s ear, “But, I wish I could have.”
“I’m sorry to interrupt your little heart to heart here,” said Ian, walking forward. They both turned to Ian, “But, we do have a job to do.” 
“Yes,” Shawn turned, looking at the city. He walked to the edge of the ashes covered field, “Ian’s quite right.”
“We need to get down to the city.”
“You’re right,” Shawn looked at Ian. He walked back to the group, “People will need our help.”
“I’ll take Thomas and Spencer with me.”
“We should get going now,” said Thomas. He was also the same age as Will and Ian. He had long dark brown hair and dark blue eyes, which made him very attractive. But, he was anyways. He wore the same uniform as Will, but in a royal blue, as to indicate his status as a Royal Guard. He looked somewhat like a British YouTube vlogger, Charlie McDonnell. He walking forward, “Before even more deaths happen.”
“I’ll get the jeep ready,” Ian headed towards to the jeep.
“Shawn, can you sense anyone?” asked Spencer, walking over. He was Thomas fraternal twin brother, but was the older of the two. He had dark brown hair and hazel eyes, which contain a unique look, as the brown and green were visible. He wore the same grey uniform as Will. He looked like a combination of Eddie Redmayne, when he played Stephen Hawking from The Theory of Everything, and Dane DeHaan.
“I can’t make it out,” he closed his eyes in concentration. Then he opened them, turning back to the four of them, “But, I think there are.”
“Ok,” Ian walked back. He turned to Thomas and Spencer, “We’ll see what it is.”
“Fine,” Shawn looked at Will, knowing that something was wrong. He then turned to the three of them, “Be safe.”
The three started towards the jeep. As they got into the jeep, Shawn sent a telepathic message, If there’s any danger, get out of there. To that, Ian gave a thumbs up, to indicate they understood. The jeep then when racing off towards the city, as Will looked around. Shawn then walked over to him, “It’ll be alright.”
“I hope you’re right, Shawn” said Will, looking down.

This is the first chapter of a series of short-stories, I call Captalia: The Doomsday Chronicles. I hope you like it.