The Mind of Edward Cullen: Twilight

May 20

My name is Edward Cullen; I’m 108 years old… and I’m a monster.
I’m never kept a diary before and I’m not sure how this whole thing works, but I need to get something off my unbreakable chest…
I, Edward Anthony Mason Cullen am a bloodthirsty man-eating vampire… I live with 6 other vampires - Carlisle, Esme, Jasper, Alice, Emmet, and Rosalie. (My family, of so many words) The only reason I’m writing in this dumb book is because I can’t share much with my “family”… you see, most vampires have powers of some sort. Alice brings with her premonitions… she can see the future. Jasper (Alice’s mate) can calm, Emmet is strong; stronger then the average vampire. Rosalie (Emmet’s mate) now Rose- doesn’t have a power, she’s just beautiful, and she knows it. You could say she’s very much conceded. Esme is our “mother”. She’s loving and caring as if she had given birth to every one of us herself. Carlisle is the head of our coven (family). He truly is our “father”. Now me, well I don’t have a mate. I guess Rose would have been the one but I never really felt it… that feeling - plus she can be a real pain in the ass!
And yes, I have a power as well, I can read minds…

All right, I’ll just get to the point. When she walked into the room I have never wanted a human’s blood so much in my life!!! I have had human blood before, but I don’t want to be a monster… so that is why when Carlisle was just beginning our coven we all (Carlisle, Esme, Rose and I) decided to only feed on animal blood. To only feed on animals, is like a human only eating tofu; it keeps you strong, but never fully satisfies… so we call ourselves the “vegetarians” of the vampire world.

Her name is Bella Swan and I want her…. Oh, how I just want to kill her, just so I can feel her blood on my ice-cold immortal lips… I first saw her in the lunchroom. I normally notice no one, but they all notice my family and me first thing. So did she - I probably forgot to mention that we are unforgettably beautiful. Everything about us reels you in, our voice, our face, even our smell: WE ARE DISIGNED TO KILL! And with that it helps make it easier. I first smelled her blood when she walked into Biology. Foolish girl -- she stepped right into my pathway, and her scent hit me. And of course, she sat in the only open seat, right next to me. I thought of many ways to kill her - after class, walk her to last period (which she would never make it to), but I couldn’t wait an hour; I would have to kill her then, right then. There were witnesses that would notice a dead girl in the middle of the room and a bloodthirsty man over her unable to stop himself. I could of always killed all of them, break their necks with the snap of my fingers, she wouldn’t know what hit her, and then I would swoop in and drink, drink and drink till I had her dead in my arms.

But then I thought of my family. We already had to move once because Jasper slipped up and killed a girl. And I don’t think Esme could take it again, and how could I do such a thing to Carlisle? So, I sat there next to the girl, with my fists closed tightly and my body unmoving, and as soon as that bell rang, I ran. Without a care in the world who saw me, and I did not stop till I came here to Alaska. As I sit here in the middle of the forest I think that I would rather kill myself then go back to Forks, Washington and kill that poor innocent girl. But I have to go back, for my family, and I’ll try my damndest to save my family, and to save Bella Swan.

Clear_Skies said...
This probably belongs in the fan fiction section.

TradeMistakes13 said...
Oct. 18, 2011 at 11:31 am:

seriously, no offence, but i love twilight

, and this sucks.  it could have been good, but i just couldn't get into it. sorry. 

readaholicThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 27, 2012 at 3:43 pm :
Yeah, sorry, but I have to agree with Trade...I started reading it and i just didn' want to read anymore...It's not bad, but it's just like, 'How is this on the front page of Sci-fi?Fantasy?...

PeaceLoveMusic77 said...
Jun. 30, 2011 at 9:14 pm:
I didnt hate it but i didnt love it. one thing i would like to point out is that Edward DID want to kill Bella and drink her blood, but the love he had for her stopped that from happening. Other than that, try to make it more original and I can see that would be extremely hard to do considering this book has already been attempted and half read by most people.

CameandgonesmartyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 8, 2011 at 4:57 pm:

Actually, i liked it.

This shows how much Edward has to control himself.

Kind of makes u feel like when u read Bella's point of view he was flawless, but here it shows even the god-damned sexy and gorgeous have their flaws.

Nice job.

My only critisizm is that even though it is violent and i don't mind, adding some emotional stuff would be a nice touch too.

gogreen1 said...
Jun. 8, 2011 at 2:52 pm:
Quite a few spelling/punctuation errors. The first paragraph I found unnecessary because, well.................. I think we all PRETTY MUCH know how Twilight works and we could have done without the explanation even if we didn't know all the little details. In my opinion I didn't enjoy this an awful lot... so yeah. Sorry. :(

Author2young said...
May 28, 2011 at 9:09 pm:
Much to violent to be in the mind of Edward, vocabulary to small, and he LOVED Bella, he thought her blood was potent and indeed delicious smelling, but I don't think he wants to... Kill and eat her.... Otherwise good... Pleease don't take this harshly! :)

theartgeek97 said...
First of all, I just wanted to say, don't take this too hard.  Most of these comments are negative critisism.  I have not read Twilight myself, but I agree, this does not sound like the Edward Cullen I've heard of.  I do think you have a lot of talent for writing fictional journals though.  Continuing on a very new and very popular book is hard, and it's probably not a good idea.  Maybe if you picked an older or less known of book or possibly a classic, then you would ha... (more »)

Babbe2 replied...
May 17, 2011 at 8:37 pm :
Id have 2 disagree I read the part of midnight sun and this is exactly edwards point of view good job

lalalander said...
I'm not sure Edward talked like that. A lot of the writing was taken straight out of the book, and the context just didn't seem like Edward. The words we too modern, and didnt have much eloquence. I think you're a great writer, but maybe this wasnt the right piece for you.

Mustangs_97 said...
Dec. 14, 2010 at 8:46 am:

Definatley not his personalaty

MaKayla1513 said...
Jul. 13, 2010 at 10:02 am:
First I agree 100% with all the other readers of this. Words are too simple for Edward. And I saw that you took sayings or passages out of Stephanie Meyers' books and this seems like its almost copyrighted/ and or/ playrized. This was disapointing, not original at all. I think you should leave the The twilight series writing to Meyers!

EllieK. said...
Jun. 6, 2010 at 5:55 pm:

Sorry if this is harsh-don't mean it to be. I just think it was a bit casual for Edward to be talking and seemed out of character. Also, Stephanie Meyer has her own version. I would just write something else. Sorry.

Would anyone mind reading my work, please. I am looking for some comments and ratings.

Thanks and keep writing

lalalander replied...
Dec. 14, 2010 at 7:35 pm :
what have u written? i cant seem to find anything. but i'll read, comment, and rate your stuff

Kgirl This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 30, 2010 at 6:24 pm:
Dont be disappointed in the negative feedback - that's how authors grow.  I agree that your vocabulary needs to imporve, especially when stepping into the mind of someone who has been around as long as Edward.  And I agree that you need to write fresh and original things...but I like that you attempted to step into his mind, the mind that sees all other minds (except Bella's), even if you didn't do the best job at it. Because that's something I do for acting, when I'm getting into char... (more »)

LaylaViolet said...
Feb. 9, 2010 at 4:14 pm:
Your vocab must be stepped up if you're trekking through my Edward's mind (stay out of there (hee hee)). Some of it seems basic, like, people who've read the book will already know this. And I don't think you can rely on Midnight Sun. It's not published, so it isn't official.

Sam_Arnold replied...
Apr. 16, 2010 at 11:20 am :
I agree. If you step into Eddy's head, you need to work on vocab. It also does not sound very original. Sorry! But that's just what I think.

Isabel2345 said...
I personally don't think that sounds very much like Edward at all. Also, this is not very original at all. But it's pretty good anyway...

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz said...
Isn't this copyrighted?

Emily555 said...
I must say, I agree with most of the others. Twilight is Stephanie Meyers book. I don't think that you should be writing off her idea. No offense, but maybe you should try to write something that is your own idea... not somebody else's. It just isn't, well, right to write off of somebody else's work, and it usually doesn't live up to it or completely make sense.