The Impediment of Cerulean | Teen Ink

The Impediment of Cerulean

February 27, 2015
By erizr10 BRONZE, Cupertino, California
erizr10 BRONZE, Cupertino, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
I learned never to empty the well of my writing, but always to stop when there was still something there in the deep part of the well, and let it refill at night from the springs that fed it.
-Ernest Hemingway


As Jake took a stroll down Lane, he started to feel hallucinations from his round, black haired head. Must be a bad sleep, he thought hesitantly. Jake tried ignoring the dizziness and tried to continue walking, but the pain in his head was protesting and screaming, telling him to stop.Without any time to waste, Jake immediately searched for the nearest bench and sat down. Slowly, his uncontrollable eyelids fell lower and lower until it fully closed .
Jake did not recall how much time passed, but he regained consciousness. Jake found himself puzzled on a bench, unknowing where he was. Surprised, Jake jumped to his feet and realized that the city was full of tiny condo-like houses with only skyscraper, towering above. Jake pinched himself to make sure that it was not just a dream. Pain shot through his brain in an instant. Uh oh. Not good. He slowly walked around and surveyed the city, being aware what is around him. A shiny sign caught his eye that said:” Welcome to the region of Cerulean! Everyone dedicates to the ruler, Damian. ” Hmmm… this must be a different world! But his fear overrode his sense of curiosity. Nerve wracking trepidation rose and wrapped on to Jake’s chest like a grape vine curling around his body. Suddenly, a bell that rang extremely loud erupted in his ears. All of the people in Cerulean burst out of every single building simultaneously. Jake scrambled to his feet in search of ways to exit the world, but he was hopeless because the barriers of the walls protecting the city were too strong. Jake went up to one of the people in the world of Cerulean to ask why everyone came out at the same time. Instead of the man answering by himself , everyone said at the same time:
” We are controlled by our faithful ruler, Damian.
“Who is really is this Damian and where does he live?”
“Damian is the omnipotent and omnipresent sovereign. He dwells in the biggest building, armed with the most deadliest of arsenals.You worthless and low life scum shall not mess, even talk to him. If you do, you will regret your decisions with many fears.”
Damian huh? That must be the reason why he was here in the first place. Damian must be evil, without doubt, controlling innocent lives without realize the harm. Jake needed to immediately get rid of him as fast as he could, so that so that nobody would be controlled and used. Jake had to get rid of him. It was his only way back home. But the question was, how?
After a few days of wandering around the front gates to check on the security level and planning, Jake carefully planned series of distractions to get the security off guard. Each day at night he would sleep under a bench, starving and cold, and alone.
The next day, Jake woke up extra early so that he would be ready to go and break into the headquarters and kill Damian. The building seemed to be bigger than he usually see it as. Jake was scared and goosebumps were rising, but Jake’s feet were not in his control and it walked by itself. Jake first hid at the corner of the building and threw a rock at the big security guard with a submachine gun. The guard turned around and sprinted in his direction, while Jake hid behind the wall.He waited for the guard to come toward him...and put him into a headlock till he ran out of oxygen. How handy, he thought. He picked up the weapon and stepped in the building. The inside of the building was at least 10 times larger to any place he had ever been to. Large conveyor belts, generators, and huge computers were all over the room. It was as if this was a laboratory and a factory. But worst of all, more security guards. Guards that trained everyday waiting for a situation like this to happen. But standing out in this building was a large dais right exactly in the center of the room. And he was going to get on that. But he had to somehow kill all the guards first. I can’t take all of them straight on, so I got to hide and try to snipe. One by one, the confused guards fell onto the ground. Now only the dead corpses of the guards blocked his path. He kicked them aside with all his might.
“Worthless scum.”
He stepped on. The platform rose above all of the workers and onto a new floor level: Damian’s office. Tch tch tch tch… Jake could hear footsteps coming closer… His heart was beating a fast, very fast.
“Hello, my name is Damian, what can I do for you?” said a calm voice that was almost too serene for a ruthless monarch .
“I wish to leave this cursed land. I do not care for the others, but only myself. That is my favor to you”
“I do not care much for a selfish man like you, much less anyone here in Cerulean.”
“Selfish? Am I really selfish? All I want you to do is let me go back home! You must understand I have a family waiting for me to come back!
“Sorry Jake, but now that you step foot in my land, you will be my soldier.”
Jake woke up. He did not remember who he was anymore. All that came out of his mouth whenever he tried to speak was, “Long Live Damian!”