Hassan's Dream Of Becoming a Nerd | Teen Ink

Hassan's Dream Of Becoming a Nerd

February 12, 2015
By Hamza101 BRONZE, Bannu, Other
Hamza101 BRONZE, Bannu, Other
4 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Being in a vicinity to books is very seldom, because much of our society believes in something that we perceive through the electronics. Very rare people are bestowed by the opportunity from divinity to be in-touch with books.

The story of young Hassan has many assets in common. He was normal lad from NYC, whose entire meaning of life was to become a nerd. When he asked his mom and dad about, ‘’what it is like to be a nerd?’’ His family had an Arab background, because of which, his family was enriched with practicing culture and moral believes often forbade him to be aloof from these perpetually odd questions that Hassan used to asked. He was told that nerds were people who entire commitment of life was in quest to study their entire life, and by this dilemma his questions were more often refused to be answered. Apart from the family’s rituals, they kept themselves with up-to-date technology. Despite this updating, they had many aspect they were supposed to get into their minds and souls without that a person in their family was not considered a part.

Hassan’s brains were quiet refrained from these ritual activities, and it was more likely to happen that he was not around his family, but ducked himself in a miniature observatory that he often called Brains Observatory. It was not much like an observatory, but the interest that he had in himself to stargaze in middle of nights and working on his speculations that he thought he had always accomplished something.
As soon as his family would found out about the missing of Hassan in his family, he was immediately called to be grounded or something, because his father Ali was strict on his rules that he called the Laws. Hassan in his early teenage started to refrain himself from talking to anyone, because he thought his family didn’t have sufficient time for his awful questions. When he was in his observatory he used to talk to himself, which many relatives including his siblings found very peculiar and they snapped at him by calling him with weird names, like Bait, radio-podcast, etc. He while stargazing asked many questions about himself that ‘’what would become of me’’? And earlier that year Hassan proposed after tons of researching about the Future, ‘’everything that we show a negativity about, always happens to be a positive.’’

With this notion in his mind, he was always eager to use a contradictory sentence that he thought it would turned out as a positive asset for me. Nevertheless, he was often right about this reality and very seldom it occurred that he was wrong, and with though we wouldn’t be sad, perhaps he said, ‘’its these odds comes up sometimes.’’ He would say many things that he didn’t mean to, but deep down he was sure that these sentences would show up as opposite.

One day a friend of his childhood, gave Hassan a book which was certainly a work of fiction. On which Hassan reflected that I don’t know how to read books and have never read them before. His friend, who was much like him but his status of friendship was vast, which Hassan often cursed himself that he was a loner and wouldn’t get anyone in life. These statement really meant to Hassan, because these weren’t occupied by the contradictions and he used to shred on his fortune. His friend John sooner on their sleep-over taught him something that his parents had once educated him with strategies that could show up while reading. Soon after these books readings, John turned Hassan into a passionate reader.

Due to which Hassan wouldn’t stop thinking about the books. One day while they were assembling books in John’s bookshelf, John told him that reading books is one of the hobbies of nerds, on which Hassan reflexes were amazing. Hassan immediately snapped at John, ‘’really?’’ on which John replied, ‘’Aha! Obviously.’’ John continued his dialogue, ‘’haven’t you seen a lad who is much into is called bookworm (Nerd)’’. Hassan was startled, and couldn’t refuse the temptation that he was feeling at that moment. He grabbed John’s forehead and kissed it so hardly that his forehead turned red. On this act, John was pretty much happy, but couldn’t express what was exactly running through his mind, while his friend was still finding a reasonable answer for that much excitement burst in Hassan, Hassan tip-toeing left his friend’s house. And rushed over to his, and shouted mom. “I have figured out what it is to be a Nerd?’’ his mom when arrived while having done with laundry asked, what was it that he was so eager to tell me about. Hassan started his speech which he on his way towards his home from John’s has memorized.

“You know mom, when I asked you about, how it is like to be a nerd. I think I have a theory about that. Which is, all this time while being ducked in my Brains observatory, studying and reading books intensely. According to John, I am the definition of nerd.’’


The author's comments:

There are always some people whose perception of reality is always different from others.