Max Alan | Teen Ink

Max Alan

January 13, 2015
By Jonah Halbert GOLD, Booneville, Mississippi
Jonah Halbert GOLD, Booneville, Mississippi
10 articles 0 photos 19 comments

Hello, my name is Max. Max Alan. I am about to tell you my story, and my story is strange- very strange. When I was just a little boy, my father died of an unknown sickness, only later to be found out to be the deadliest disease to mankind. This sickness can not yet be cured, so it’s victims have no hope of seeing the day after tomorrow. This is my story ; and you better watch out , ‘cause this deadly disease might be the next thing knocking on your door.
On his deathbed, my father said these last words as they scraped the inside of his throat as he spoke them : “Son, don’t end up like me. Stay safe.” Then in the very next moment he took his last and final dying breath.
My mother outside the door, as she was crying her eyes out for the man she loved, was hitting the door in hope that it would make enough racket to wake father up from the dead. But to no avail , the man lay still and cold on the wrinkled linen of the deathbed that claimed my father as it’s own. I never understood why people ever had to die. I have asked people , and all I hear is this : “Well, you got to go when you got to go.’ So I anticipate the day that will claim mother as it’s own , just as this day did to my father.  But beyond the disapproval of this deadly disease comes the aftermath : the tormenting struggle it leaves its victims with. And don’t think it won’t bypass you. Every rose has it’s thorn.

As the days go by, I come to realize that the disastrous disease my father had been infected with was no mistake. Turns out, he was given the virus that caused the disease to generate itself. The thing I didn’t know about my father was that he is an ex - FBI agent who was formerly dismissed after stealing top secret documentation on a terrorism count.


The author's comments:

Just a quick story I wrote.