Myth & Human History: America's Colonization. The Conflict. | Teen Ink

Myth & Human History: America's Colonization. The Conflict.

By Ak2326 SILVER, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Ak2326 SILVER, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

"Life is not measured by the number of breathes you take, but by the moments that take our breathe away."

Close
The Mayflower is getting close, too close. They've set out for the newly discovered, uncharted land, where the daughters of Athena and the sons of Artemis lie. As Poseidon, I cannot let this area be colonized by my biggest rival. I've thrown deadly waves, foggy hazes, and I've even got help from my brother, Zeus, he sent viscous storms at them. This was all done so that Athena’s forces can’t grow. We all know if Athena gains the upper hand, she will attempt to brake our stalemate. I will have a mighty fine battle on my hands. Then the battle will grow into an endless war, Gods and Goddess will have to chose favorites and sides. Mass destruction will begin. However Athena is the Goddess of Wisdom, there is more to this than meets the eye.
A Plan
What to do, what to do, I’m constantly asking my self the question but have no answer. How can I counter act a plan better than one concocted by the Goddess of Wisdom. After that first Oliver Tree in Athens, I knew I’ve met my superior. Minus my younger brother Zeus of course. To outsmart Athena, and she has Artemis right by her side. That’s it! If I want success, take Artemis from Athena, and we get success! Athena thinks things through, everything is an important asset, but can be replaced. Most of the time, you cannot replace a Goddess. We take Artemis we earn the upper hand.

Today Athena Falls
The Plan Shall Begin
Zeus does not approve of the plan. That doesn’t stop me, I have enough support to carry out what needs to be done. The sky clear, the ocean at peace, and the sun brings glorious light to the Atlantic. All is nice, everything is going to plan. The humans are discussing heading back while everything is nice, but some say they should get to their destination while everything is right. My decision on the flow of the tides will pend on their course of action. It doesn’t matter if they make it or not. Athena will fall. Apollo has agreed to help. When the sun is at it’s highest, he is at his strongest. He shall use his power to turn his sister. I just need for Athena to think I’ve given up, but by the noon, when the is sun is strong I will have won.
It is Time
The sun is up at noon and the ocean has taken a turn of events. I’ve sped it towards Athena’s land, so the plan will work with a turn of events. Apollo has approached Artemis.
“Sister, this isn’t right. This will lead to the fall of our uncle, Poseidon.” Artemis has fallen into Apollo’s trance. “You are right. I shall order my sons at once.”
Artemis summons her people. “What we have been defending is wrong. When the invaders arrive we strike. We fight before dusk!” Her people begin to cheer.

The Fight
The Arrival
The colonist have arrived and Artemis’s people are stealth. They’ve been labeled as Indians. They sneak around and kill, only at the proper moment. Their first strike is on Athena’s daughters, and chaos begins. They fight between each other, and the colonist are caught in the middle. The bloodshed, Artemis’s sons, Athena’s daughters, the colonist. All are victims, and only contribute to my goal.
Downfall
The day is coming to an end, and the moon is rising. Artemis is near full power, she falls out of the trance. She is dazed and confused. She orders her people to stop at once. She realizes what has happened at once and informs Athena. However she will fall back into the trance everyday at Dawn. Athena uses her wisdom to counter act my plan. At the full moon, when Artemis is at her strongest. She will be released. And I will have lost. I can only hope that I win in one month’s time. Everyday it goes back and forth. Men and women die, and the colonist are dropping like flies with diseases. And then the full moon came. Artemis broke free and no one else will die.

End
Resolute
Athena and Artemis’s people were tired being used as pawns and broke their connection with them. They became their own people. The next morning the newly independent people sent peace negotiators and an alliance between colonist and Indians became a reality. They made a
4 new Holiday, named Thanksgiving to give thanks for what they have. Athena and I called it a tie and went on.

My English class was doing our Mythology unit last year. And we were reading the first Percy Jackson book. And our teacher pointed out how the prevous battles the book spoke of happened in human history, like WWII was a battle between the Big Three's children. She wanted us to write a story that was like that so I did.