Deep Haven | Teen Ink

Deep Haven

November 18, 2014
By Rosalina BRONZE, St. Albans, West Virginia
Rosalina BRONZE, St. Albans, West Virginia
3 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"To live would be an awfully big adventure." -Peter Pan, via J.M. Barrie



Smack dab in the middle of a dense forest, lies an enchanting, mesmerizing land. It is not too large, yet not too small. It smells of sweet dew and honeysuckle; which is a very calming scent. Clear streams trickle down the hills that dot the land. Rare, vivid animals graze along the soft moss that covers the ground. Immense waterfalls add to the ambiance in the already amazing place. Vibrantly colored birds silently glide over the clouds, searching for a nice place to settle down. It is in this terrain that nothing perishes, yet there is never too much or less of anything.
No human has ever found this territory, and even if perhaps someone does stumble across it, all they may do is stare at its magnificence and eventually leave. They will most likely never see it again, because even if they do find a way back to the spot, it will have vanished. You see, this remarkable ecosystem has yet another characteristic that makes it much more astounding. It changes locations every time the earth completes a rotation around its axis. But, it will always relocate in the middle of an evergreen forest, for that is where it thrives. This place is called Deep Haven.
If you remember, I mentioned that no human or mortal has ever found this territory. But, there is one human-like creature that has landed here. She is not an alien, nor cyborg. She is a fairy. She is not 2 inches tall nor is her name “Tinker Bell.” And, despite misconception, she does not have wings. She is a tall, beautiful, young girl with a sparkling personality. She would appear to be a mortal if you ever saw her, but to any other mythical creatures she is the most beautiful, stunning thing they will ever lay eyes upon. She has long, flowing white hair that shimmers in the wind. Her hands and feet are perfectly petite and tan. Her eyes are the color of the cool ice that covers the ground in the heart of winter. Her teeth are as white as snow and perfectly straight. She is, in mortal standards, perfect.
Now, you might have a few questions about this fairy. What is her name? How did she get into Deep Haven? Does she have a purpose there?  That is why I am here, to answer all of your many questions. Her mother named her Serena, after the moon goddess that brought peace and tranquility over the land. Her mother Pandora’s love for her met no bounds. She was the love of her life. Then one fateful night, their love was separated.
In the country that Pandora and Serena lived in, there was a great war. Once the war got out of control, the enemies decided to captured all of the children under 12 to take back to their camp in attempt to brainwash them and train them into enemy soldiers. This story has a tragic beginning, as most of the children died from malnourishment and from the harsh living conditions. Yet there was one child, Serena as you may have guessed, who was different. She refused to cooperate, resulting in execution. As she was seconds away from being decapitated, something amazing happened. Pandora burst through the doors and escaped with her daughter.
When they reached a safe stopping point, Pandora told her that she could not stay with her, nor return to their home land. So Pandora created this land, Deep Haven, as a safe dwelling place for the one she loved most.
Serena is what keeps this land alive and beautiful. She tends to all of the animals in need and keeps the plants thriving. She makes the sun rise in the morning and fall at night. Just like the goddess in which she is named after, she brings peace and tranquility over the land and it will be that way through all of eternity.