Asleep | Teen Ink

Asleep

October 29, 2014
By sineadrs BRONZE, Havertown, Pennsylvania
sineadrs BRONZE, Havertown, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The fuzz is loud. It's extra loud today. Louder than usual. So I close my eyes.

I look around. A shadow figure lurks from behind a rock or a tree or something large enough to hide a person sized shadow. I don't pay attention to exactly what it is. I just smile. The shadow has no face or discernible features besides the long legs that stretch out for miles underneath her. But still, I knew it was her right away. She doesn't talk much. She leads me and laughs a beautiful laugh. I follow her along a winding path full of trees and overgrown plants with a barely recognizable path guiding our way.

The fuzz is getting quieter.

There's a small break in the foliage along the curb of the path. She gracefully steps from rock to steep rock as I try not to tumble down on top of her. We make it to the bottom of the decline, the creek spitting little drops of water on my bare feet. She dives in, sending a larger splash my way. She does a back flip through the water, and I just watch. I stare. I gaze. But that's all I ever do.

Her beauty is blurring. It's turning to static like a television station that you don't quite get. The rest of the world follows soon after.

Things are returning to my view as my eyes are starting to flutter open. I was never completely shut down. Just sleeping.

The fuzz returns immediately, flooding my brain like monsoon waters. It's unbearable.

So I close my eyes.


The author's comments:









 







Preferences
















§









1









2









3









4









5









6









7









8









9









0









-









=









Backspace









 









Tab









q









w









e









r









t









y









u









i









o









p









[









]















 











Return











 













 









capslock









a









s









d









f









g









h









j









k









l









;









'









\









 









shift









`









z









x









c









v









b









n









m









,









.









/









shift









 















 











English


















 

















































 


















alt


















alt









 
















 







Preferences