Mystery Boy | Teen Ink

Mystery Boy

By DAMIA PLATINUM, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
DAMIA PLATINUM, Fort Lauderdale, Florida

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." and my other fav. "The best come to those who wait."

I looked into the mirror that hung on the wall beside my door. A happy, smiling face stared back at me. “So that’s why everyone wants me to join all their clubs and teams. I am the perfect, always happy, person. Slamming back to reality I remembered that I had to continue getting ready for school. Today was only my third day at this school. I couldn’t wait until my last class, because that would be when I would find out if I had gotten accepted on the cheerleading squad. I put on my short, black skirt and my white shirt. I slipped on my Puma sneakers and brushed my hair. I grabbed my back pack, slung it over my shoulder, and headed outside to wait at my bus stop. When the bus pulled over at my stop I climbed on. Once the bus had reached “Pad foot High” I zoomed off the bus to go put my books in my locker. I then headed to my first class. I had choir first, then science, English, history, lunch, math, art, and my last class P.E.
I was the first one to get to choir. The teacher hadn’t even arrived yet. I practiced my scales until my voice was warmed up. Suddenly the door swung open and a boy my age came in. He sat down at the piano sitting in the corner, not taking any notice of me. He started to play “Ode to joy” by Ludwig Van Beethoven. As he played he looked out the window. I caught a glimpse of his eyes as he turned to look out the other window. His eyes where a light blue color, like the color of ice melting in the summer sun. How those eyes seemed to affect me, for I couldn’t take my eyes off of them. He turned back to the piano and continued to play. Curiosity got the best of me. I crept down very slowly, and very quietly, for I did not want to disturb him. He immediately stopped playing and spun around to face me. His hair short and was as black as the midnight sky. He wore all black but his face looked quite innocent. “Hi.” I mumbled quietly trying not to sound too exited.

“Why are you here?” he responded.

“Um I am waiting for choir to start.”

“Choir doesn’t start for twenty minutes.”

“Oh. What are you playing?” I asked even though I knew that what he had been playing was classic Beethoven. He didn’t answer me, just sat there and stared at me as if he was reading my mind. He then motioned for me to take a seat next to him on the piano bench. I walked over quietly and sat next to him. He placed his fingers back on the piano keys and immediately they started to glide across, filling the air with a sweet melody. There was a sudden slam on the door that startled me out of my serenity. The door flung open and a sudden rush of people came shoving into the class room followed by the teacher. I turned to look at the boy but he was not there. I scanned the class room, but still didn’t see him. “He must have snuck out of the room without me noticing, without anyone noticing.” I thought to myself. Once lunch had come around I had a girl my age following me around. When I had walked into the lunch line she came up to me and asked me if she could hang out with me. She told me that if I wanted to stay safe at school when ever lunch came around, to stay inside and not go outside ,because that was where the outcasts hung out. Remembering the boy I turned and walked outside.