The hunt Chapter 2 part 6 | Teen Ink

The hunt Chapter 2 part 6

By Allybear99 GOLD, Södertälje, Other
Allybear99 GOLD, Södertälje, Other

"Imagination is moreimportant than knowledge."- Albert Einstein
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."- Harold R.McAlindon

Jake walks around the trees and try to find a peaceful place. He sits down by a river. The roar of the waterfall is behind him, he tries to concentrate on the gurgling of the river. And soon he is relaxed enough to try to find Jasmine.

Jake stands by the river and looks around. He closes his eyes and everything turns black. He tries to picture Jasmine. He pictures her outside first. He pictures her long copper hair, which is usually in a braid. He pictures her warm smile and her eyes. Her big green eyes that bring so much light into his world. They are not forest green like his; they are more like green gray. He pictures her face when she is happy how her lip curl into a beautiful smile, her eyes filled with so much passion. He has never seen so much passion in one person. He knows she has a strong will, a pure soul and a warm heart. He knows she would try everything in her power to do the right thing. And she is always curious, trying to find answers to everything.

Jakes eyes flare open. He knows now how to picture her when going through the portal. But it hurts. It hurts to picture her like that, because for the first time, Jake feels an urge to find her and never let her out of his reach. And he knows he could never do that to her. And she would never think of him in that way. He sits down on a rock.

It is getting dark and the stars are out. The full moon lights up the ground so he can see where he walks. Jake has been out here all day and he still does not know where to find Jasmine. He did not want to access the portal, but he will have to if it came down to it. He decides he will wait until morning. She could have gone back to her room at the camp. He walks toward the cliffs towards his hidden hut in the mountains. As he gets closer he sees that the door is open. I starts running and stops in the doorway when he sees Jasmine on his bed. Jasmine is turned on her stomach and an arm on the pillow above her head. He walks in slowly trying not to wake her. He closes the door and walk towards her. He looks at her, seeing how her eyebrows are frowning, she must be having a bad dream. He wants to comfort her, but he is afraid if he touches her she will wake up and leave. That is very selfish Jake, he thinks to himself. He puts his hand on her shoulder. Surprisingly she does not wake up, but she stops frowning. She looks more relaxed as if she knows he is there. He keeps looking down at her.  He reaches for the blanket and pull it over her and tuck her in. He leans down and kiss her on the cheek.

“Good night Jasmine.”

He leans down and kiss her 

Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift

English

alt
alt

Preferences