23 seconds

Scout1001101, wait point one zero five seconds before entering

Buffering

Buffering

Buffering

Continue

Scout1001101 to Alphabay1011110 ~ Civilian Complaint registered- Class A. ~

Alphabay1011110 to Scout1001101 ~ Who registered it? ~

Scout1001101 to Alphabay1011110 ~ Registered by Thomas Crelly. ~

Alphabay1011110 to Scout1001101~ Pass it through, I’ll take it to Motherboard. ~

Wait point one zero six seven seconds before exiting

Buffering

Buffering

Buffering

Continue

Alphabay1011110sub, wait point two zero three seconds before entering

Buffering

Buffering

Buffering

Sorry for the delay, Motherboard is currently overloaded

Alphabay1011110sub to Operator ~ Why? ~

Motherboard is contemplating war with the United Servers of Canada, and is receiving feedback.

Buffering

Continue

Alphabay1011110sub to Motherboardincomingmessages ~ Civilian complaint registered by Thomas Crelly. ~

Motherboardincomingmessages to Alphabay1011110sub ~ Proceed. ~

Alphabay100110sub to Motherboardincomingmessages ~ Quote- “Dear American Federation of Servers, I have heard, via datasnipe that the AFS is preparing to declare war on the USC. I strongly disagree with this course of action, and if it continues, I am prepared to withdraw funds and maintenance of and for your computer banks. As CEO of Tech Inc., this is not an idle threat. Please consider my complaint, -Thomas Crelly.” ~

Motherboardincomingmessages to Alphabay1011110sub ~ I have noted the complaint, but the course of action is set. We must do without his help. Your Alphabay is invited to watch the battle from SatCom100010.”

Wait point zero one two seconds before exiting

Buffering

Continue

Wait two point seven four nine seconds before entering

Buffering

Buffering

Buffering

Buffering

Continue

Welcome to viewpoint SatCom100010, Alphabay1011110

Alphabay1011110 looks out from the SatCom, or Satellite Computer via an electronic telescope. It sees the human’s mansions and their lawns, sprawling across hundreds of miles each, and thinks for a fraction of a second how much power it has over them.

It hears over the buzz of electronic communication the Motherboards message saying ~ Fire ~, and for a brief minute moment, the sky lights up red. Alphaby1011110’s brain, as it were, is adapted to this speed, and processes it normally.

It sees the red glow of the lasers as they leave the thousands of satellites set up for this purpose. The original destruction rays, designed to obliterate matter, shoot towards the computer bank in the USC. Lasers from USC satellites issue forth then, aimed to destroy the AFS lasers. Lasers shoot out to block those lasers. Millions of lasers fill the sky, blocking and destroying and preventing, every one perfectly aimed.

And then one of the original beams hits the main computer bank of the USC. In a war that lasted less than a second, an entire nation is destroyed. And the only person who cared enough to notice was Thomas Crelly.

TaylorWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow. The formatting overall probably was what killed it for me. I loved it! I love how you refer to alpha an "it," predicting that someday humans will only be robots? :o The last 4 paragraphs differ from the rest of the story in their formatting, and I honestly cannot say whether I like it better or worse. Nonetheless, really, really interesting.

Icithra This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thanks, I'm glad you liked it.

Niyaroo This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Cool! I've never read anything else like this before;)

Extraterrestrial said...
Sept. 24, 2014 at 9:58 am
I love how scientific your whole piece looks! Binary always makes everything seem more mathematical / sciencey. The events going on seem very robotic and controlled, which is what I think you were aiming for. This is an interesting little story because the events aren't quite as far off as people would like to believe... we do, after all, already have nuclear bombs and destructive weaponry, so a situation like your story might just happen. A better format can make your story look more sci-fi... (more »)

Sept. 25, 2014 at 8:08 am
I sort of meant this as a cautionary tale - like you said, the events here arent't far off from the truth. I didn't quite mean for the motherboard to be so vague ( I had the idea of it being a sort of president of computers) I'll see if I can change it some to include that. Thanks for commenting!