The Unknown | Teen Ink

The Unknown

By A.M.Geyer PLATINUM, Alverton, Pennsylvania
A.M.Geyer PLATINUM, Alverton, Pennsylvania

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

I am Amethyst, and I am 17 years old. I have a mom, Onyx, and a dad, Samuel. Today is November 13, 1865. My mom has been acting strangely. She has been babbling that the Viking clan, vampyre familia, is coming here to Vockslofica. I read that Vikings are massive, bloodcurdling guys who go ransacking places. I also read that they are taller than mountains.

Chapter 1: Begining

I hope I get to see one of the Viking kids. If the adults are bigger than mountains, I couldn’t imagine how big the kids must be, probably taller than me. Oh, people are coming past our house, this must mean the Vikings are here, and we get to go meet them as well, yay! I wonder what they’ll be like. I hope the vampyre familia Vikings are nice.

Oh, but first I have to go get ready. Hmm, ok, a simple green dress with black flowers (the colors and insignia of Vockslofica) and a pair of black sandals will do the trick. When I went to look in the looking glass, I saw an incredible creature with skin tan as bronze, black hair the color of the midnight sky that reached out to her ankles. The creature I see staring back at me is about 6’ tall, black eyes, and a grin that was white like snow in the winter months. Well, I’m as ready as I’ll ever be. This is hopefully going to be a fun and educational experience for me and my family.

One man was standing between a boy about my age, and a woman about my mothers’ age of thirty-two. I thought the man to be about my fathers’ age of forty-two. There was a line for the Vikings to receive us here on our quaint little island. I was guessing they were some of the upper class Vikings, but I couldn’t tell how upper class they were.

Well, what I read about Vikings was wrong, they are not gigantic, nor are they mean. They are in fact civilized and truly nice people. But one thing is for certain; they must be a little over 7’.

When they had received me and my family I curtsied really beautifully, and said, “Hello, welcome to Vockslofica, I hope your stay here is pleasant,” in their language so they could understand me better, and speak more quickly with me since they now know I speak their own native tongue.

They smiled and replied, “Good day, and thank you.”

I curtsied and left. In a short period of questioning them, I had learned that the man was lord Dragon, the boy was lord Tiger, and the woman was lady Saraphina. Lord Tiger is 18, while his parents are the exact same age as my parents. Later on, lord Tiger had come over towards me, but girls had stopped him first. I turned and left, because every time any new guys came towards me they were stopped by girls, mainly because guys became more relaxed around me, and when I spotted a couple of guys I knew coming my way, I knew today was going to be one of those socially interactive days.

After I had finished talking to the guys, I spotted my dad talking to lord Dragon. I went over but only caught, “… would be a great idea. We’ll tell them later, it will work very nicely, Samuel.”

I curtsied and said, “Hello lord Dragon, hello father,” and then asked, “Tell whom?”

They both replied, “Hello, Amethyst. Oh someone you know.”

I looked at them curiously, but they didn’t elaborate. I shrugged, sighed, and then murmured, “Men!” and smiled. They laughed while I turned and left. I always knew how to make guys laugh, and I loved doing it, because they usually become my friends, and I wouldn’t want them tense around me. Lord Tiger tried to approach me three more times throughout the night, and the girls went on blocking him every time.

I finally got tired and went to lord Tiger, since the girls would not let him come over to me, and the girls knew better than to try to block me, since they knew I was a pretty good wrestler, well, about as good as any boy, anyway. I spoke in his language for his benefit of not having the girls snoop in on the matters he wished to speak with me, if it was me he was approaching, and not one of the guys or girls I was near.

I made a small but formal curtsy, and asked, “Hello, lord Tiger. How are you, and were you trying to come over towards me?”

He made a small bow and said, sheepishly, “Hello, ok, and yes, I was trying to talk to you, especially why I keep seeing guys are only comfortable around you and other guys.”

I replied, “Yes, that is true, it’s mainly because I do my best to make guys feel comfortable, since girls never really liked me, I decided to be friends with boys.”

We were summoned by our fathers’. When we got there, our parents all looked happily at us, like us being together was the best thing ever. Lord Tiger and I shot wary glances at each other that said, ‘Uh-oh, what’s going on here?’  But we kept moving, anyway.

When we got there both of our fathers’ said, “Good news, 20 years ago we made a pact, that if we ever had children, they would marry to bind our families together, and so when you were born, we made it so you two were betrothed, and now that you’re both of age, you two can be wed!”  Tiger and I were to be married the day before they left, and they were to leave in three weeks’ time.

We just stood there with our mouths agape because we would never have expected anything like this to ever happen; I mean all I could think was, ‘I AM BETROTHED!’, over and over in my head. It was all I could think, but Tiger recovered first.

He said, “Why weren’t we told while we were younger? Why didn’t you at least let us get acquainted, so we wouldn’t be total strangers when we married? Please, just let us understand, why,” but they didn’t answer, and they stayed quiet for the rest of the night there at the palace. When I went to bed that night, I kept thinking about how I’d now have to leave Vockslofica, my family, friends, and the home that I grew up in.

I woke up to the sound of a door being locked, since my room had no locks, I suddenly knew I had been transferred somewhere I had never seen before. The room I was in was dark, but in some way cheery at the same time. The bed I was lying on was made up with blankets made of silk and linen. The pillows were much too soft, and had been made with millions of feathers. The door was a large mahogany with the patterns of fayries and dwarves that are told about all through Vockslofica. From a door in the wall, Tiger had just appeared, saying, “Oh, umm, hi, Amethyst. Your door locked too, then?”

I just shrugged and asked, “Where am I?”

He replied, “At my parents estate here on Vockslofica, that I just found out they had.” He sat down and we just started talking about everything and nothing. We came to the conclusion they were giving us our time to get to know each other, and that they have their minds set on us getting married.

While we were talking, we found that we both like the color black, writing, reading, singing, and music. He has a beautiful smile, and is a gifted writer. Tiger is a sweet guy. He is quick with a smile and a hug. He is wonderful. I wrote a poem for him that said:

He is sweet like a rose

He is strong like a tree

He is gentle like a lamb

He is smart like a scholar

He is the guy for me

I am sweet like sugar

I am strong like a rock

I am gentle like the grass

I am smart like a teacher

I am the girl for him

He said he loves it, and before anything else was said he kissed me for what felt like hours, but was probably three minutes. I thought, ‘man he is a good kisser,’ when I heard him chuckling, I knew I said that bit of information out loud, and I started blushing.  I looked down shyly. He lifted my face up towards him. I looked into his eyes and then at his mouth. And before too long he was kissing me again, deeper than the first time. I just said, “Whoa”, before I was pulled into another kiss. After that all I could do was grunt.

We lived a long and happy life together, and had two sets of twins; they are a handful. The boys look like their daddy, Tiger, and the girls look like me, and I am proudly called mommy. I love them all, and they love me.

Preferences

§

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

0

-

=

Backspace

Tab

q

w

e

r

t

y

u

i

o

p

[

]

Return

capslock

a

s

d

f

g

h

j

k

l

;

'

shift

`

z

x

c

v

b

n

m

,

.

/

shift

English

alt

alt

Preferences