How the World Became A Little Bit Brighter | Teen Ink

How the World Became A Little Bit Brighter

By MayonakaTaiyou BRONZE, Omaha, Nebraska
MayonakaTaiyou BRONZE, Omaha, Nebraska

Don't listen to the past. It has nothing new to say

One day God looked down upon the earth and saw all the people below, they seemed to be lacking something, something beyond precious. He called upon one of his most trusted angels and told the angel of his idea. The angel gladly agreed. So God minimized the angel and sent her to earth so she could spread her gift. This gift was the one of hope. She found the most depressed of people and sprinkled hope upon each of them. The earth and mankind became a little brighter. So God sent another angel to comfort those whose loved ones had died. She spread the gift of memories. The earth and mankind became a little brighter. Seeing it was good God began to create more and more beings. Ones that spread light, created springs for thirsty humans, froze ponds for playing, warmed the days, made the leaves different colors, awakened hibernating animals, cared for flowers, and much much more. But the Devil coveted God’s genius creations and created two of his own from his demons. The first to spread sickness. The second to spread darkness. These creations were God’s though and the Devil had copied them so well they became beautiful and could not be evil. In fact they had helped their kin to spread their gifts. The Devil was disappointed in his failed creations, but did not try again for fear of making the world a little brighter. So God prevailed and the earth and mankind became a little brighter all thanks to fairies.

It's just a cute little story. I hope it makes you smile.