The hunt chapter 2, part 1 | Teen Ink

The hunt chapter 2, part 1

June 11, 2014
By Allybear99 GOLD, Södertälje, Other
Allybear99 GOLD, Södertälje, Other
15 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Imagination is moreimportant than knowledge."- Albert Einstein
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."- Harold R.McAlindon


“This place isn’t real.” I gasp as we land in a circle of a great hall, you wouldn’t believe me if I told you it looked like the white house but a hundred times better. “It can’t be..”
“Haha, it’s as real as it gets. Welcome to Camp Guardian. It is not exactly a camp, it is just called that. Guardian stands for us. We are guardian over the mortal world to keep regular mortals safe from monsters. ”
He lets go of my hand and starts walking along the room. The big hall is big, and I would guess it is some kind of “check in” room or a sort of ball room. The big room we just came through had a big marble floor, white walls tacked with paintings, photos and banners of different sorts. One picture represented a girl sword fighting…well it almost looked like Jake. A younger, shorter and slightly chubby Jake.
“Who are they?”
“Well the girl, she is a good friend of mine. The boy, it’s me. This was about three years ago. I was going to be 14 that summer.”
The way Jake said friend made it sound like she was more than just a friend. But I decided not to push the topic.
The ceiling has four crystal chandeliers hanging in rows after each other. There was a big desk further in towards the end of the room. As we leave the big room and walk down the long white corridors Jake explains that we are in a house which is hidden from the outside world, and no one who is not like us can enter. There is a barricade protecting the boarders of the place, both outside and inside. We can come and go as we please, but no one can get in and hurt us. He explains this is where people like us do their training so that they can live, somewhat normal lives in the future. Some of us come much younger, because most of us realize our powers before the age of 13, which Jake did as well. The reason why it is usually before 13 is because it usually happens before out teenage years. When it happens during the teenage years it will be harder to control. The person is older and if you are scared or confused when you suddenly can turn invisible or burn things by one touch, well it would be better if the person is a little younger. Once they have reviled their powers, monsters can track their sent much easier. So the council of the wise send out a search mission, where someone who is experienced enough goes on a quest to bring the person to the palace. If people have not discovered their powers before the age of 13, usually it is a bad sign. Great I think to myself. He was about to say something about a girl called Cassie, but stopped himself in his sentence. I wonder if Cassie was the girl on the photograph.
As we continue walking down the corridor I notice the walls out here are covered in pictures too, just as the room before. Jake tells me that once they find the people, they start their training here. I ask what kind of training.
”Anything, whatever their power is. There is training for everyone according to their abilities.”
“People like you then?”
“People like us Jasmine. There’s so much about yourself you don’t know yet.”


The author's comments:
"she was more than just a friend"