Don't Say Yes | Teen Ink

Don't Say Yes

May 20, 2014
By HoseSkater PLATINUM, Mercersburg, Pennsylvania
HoseSkater PLATINUM, Mercersburg, Pennsylvania
20 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You are not popular by the number of friends you have but, by the number of true friends you have." --Me


Dayne, was making his slow walk home from a college party. Dayne was medium height, short blonde hair, and he had deep blue eyes. He was becoming very lucky. Every time he would look down he would see a penny. When he was almost home, he had ran into a woman. The woman was tall, she had blonde hair, and she was wearing a long gold dress. When Dayne reached his house, he had noticed a hole in his pocket, the same pocket he had put all of his pennies in. He knew the pennies were where he had ran into this mysterious woman. His hand had been in his pocket before she had ran into him. So, Dayne walked back to the same spot where he had ran into the woman.

“Where are all my pennies!” Dayne cried. Dayne picked up the remaining two pennies and cried all of the way home.

Dayne heard a knock at the door. When he walked over to the door, there stood the women whom he had ran into. He was scared. He was thinking, “What should I do? What should I say?” Dayne was wondering, “Why did she follow me home?”

“Hello,” said the mysterious woman.

“How may I help you ma'am?”

“ I was wondering may I stay here tonight? If you don’t mind.”

“No! No! No!” Dayne yelled. “I don’t know you! You followed me home, your dress ripped my pocket open!”

“I’m sorry for all of that, I just need some help. I need to stay away from my family, and I wanted to meet you because, I did run into you.”

“Let’s talk first.”

“Okay, where will we talk?”

“Come inside. Have you eaten?”

“Yes.”

“Okay, sit there and please don’t touch anything,” Dayne said as he left the room. “What is your name?”

“Sophia, and what is your name?”

“Dayne. Sophia, what exactly was it that you were running from?”

“A party. I saw you there with the football team.”

“Wait, then how didn’t you know my name everyone at school knows me?”

“I just moved here. So, can I stay here or not?”

“Sure, my roommate is not coming home tonight. You got his room.”

“So why did you run from the party?” asked Dayne.

“The football team was making fun of me.”

“Sorry about that, the guys can get that way.”

Sophia and Dayne went to their rooms. Sophia picked up her book, Left Behind. Sophia, read all night. Meanwhile, Dayne was writing an essay for college. In the morning Dayne made breakfast for him and Sophia.

Sophia asked, “What are you going to major in?”

“I want to do something with writing. Like a writer, or an English teacher. How about you?”

“You may think I am weird. But, I want to be a reading teacher.”

Sophia left and headed to school. Dayne walked back to the room which Sophia stayed in and he saw that all of his roommate’s thing were missing! Dayne ran to the phone and called his roommate, Cameron.

“Hello,” said Cameron into the phone.

“Hey, Cameron quick question, did you move out without telling me?”

“No, I have not been in the apartment since yesterday.”

Dayne had to think for a few moments then he finally said, “Okay I have somebody to find.” Dayne hung up the phone and he went to look for Sophia. She was at the medium sized coffee shop on campus.

“Hello, Dayne.”

“Where are all of my roommate’s things?”

“Oh you didn’t trust me you went back to his room. Well, yes, I did move all of his thing out of his room.”

“Why?”

“I wanted to move in and kick him out!”

“Where are Cameron’s things?”

Sophia then, vanished into thin air. Dayne and everyone in the coffee shop screamed.

“Where did she go?” many people in the store asked.

“No -- clue,” Dayne said stunned.

Dayne ran home to look in Cameron’s room. Cameron’s things were back where they belonged. Dayne walked out to the kitchen and saw a new door. Dayne walked in the door and he saw Sophia sitting in the dark, in the middle of the room on the floor.

“Sophia?” Dayne tried to get her attention, by turning on the lights. The lights flickered on a few moments later.

“Dayne, how nice to see you again, my son,” Sophia said with a joker smile.

“Sophia, snap out of it you are not my mother!”

“Yes I am!” Sophia screamed. “Get out of my room!”

Dayne ran out of the room. When he turned around and he discovered the door was gone. Dayne walked over to where the door had been and touched the wall. He felt a shock. Dayne walked back to his roommate’s room and saw Sophia floating outside Cameron’s window.

“Did you miss me, Dayne?”

“What do you want, Sophia?”

“I want nothing.”

“Well, then why are you following me?”

“I am your mother, Dayne. I will follow my son if I want.”

“I am not your son, Sophia!” Dayne yelled. Then Cameron walked in the door and Dayne fell to the floor.

“Dayne!” Cameron screamed. “Dayne!...Dayne!” and still no answer.

“9-1-1, What’s your emergency?”

“My friend, Dayne. He collapsed!... I walked in and he collapsed!”

“We are sending help to your location.”

Cameron sat next to Dayne on the floor and waited for help to arrive. Dayne still said nothing. “Dayne!” Cameron tried again. Which still did not work. The ambulance arrived and they took Dayne and Cameron to the hospital.

“Dayne!” Someone cried. That someone was his mother. “Dayne! Please wake up!” The doctors wheeled Dayne into the room. “Cameron! What happened to Dayne?”

“No clue. I walked into the room and he collapsed. He was standing in my room shouting. When I walked in the room he stood there there still, the room went black. When the lights came back on a few seconds later he was on the floor. He was as pale as a vampire!”

“So did you see anyone or hear anyone?”

“Yes, I heard him say Sophia. Then when I went in the room he was the only one in the room.”

A few days later in the hospital, Dayne finally wakes up.

“Dayne!” many of his friends and family shouted.

“Where am I?” Dayne asked.

“At the hospital. You collapsed,” Dayne’s mother said worried.

“Where is Sophia?”

“Who is Sophia?”

“A woman, who is magical. She made her own room off of the kitchen. She moved all of Cameron’s stuff out of his room. Then, she was floating outside of Cameron’s room.”

“Dayne, that is weird. You just made that up. It must have been a dream,” said Cameron.

“No, I saw her too,” Dayne’s mom said. “She was saying she was me!”

A few weeks later Dayne was allowed to leave the hospital. When he saw Sophia again he was sure to film the occurrences on camera. He took these tapes to the police who arrested her and sent her to a mental hospital. She then was never was released before her death in 1996.