Unwholly review | Teen Ink

Unwholly review

By Goobertronic BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio
Goobertronic BRONZE, Cincinnati, Ohio

"Fish are friends not food"-Bruce

Unwholly by Neal Shusterman was a very good book. it made me wonder if some people were even alive even while they were still breathing. it also made me wonder if I was alive. i found it very creepy and hard to stop reading. it made you think that if you are a blood or organ donor or if you have an organ that isn’t yours then you have an incomplete soul. or maybe part of your soul is inside of somebody else. this book makes you question what life is, and what happens when you are dead, or if you are really ever dead.

this book is about Connor, Risa, and Lev who are trying to stop unwinding. there are laws that are making things easier for them but at the same time harder. officer nelson is working hard to find and get revenge on the Akron Awol. And proactive citizenry has been working on a new project that is the perfect human being. but that “project” is wondering if he is really alive. lev is trying to save tithes from being unwound because he now realizes that unwinding is bad.

This book has very little foreshadowing so it keeps you in constant suspense. it creates a feeling of anticipation so that you don’t know if or when something will happen. it creates characters that once you really like they quickly turn around and go against everything that they beleived in before. it shows three different types of the disadvantages of unwinding in very unique perspective. it shows what happens when you try to fix things without thinking it through.

I think that anybody that likes reading will like this book.