Supernatural

Dara woke up reluctantly that Saturday of 2006, slightly determined to complete his English homework for the weekend. It was a bright sunny morning in the spring, a perfect setting to complete his nature journal. 30 minutes devoted to observing others and nature in isolation; no technology, no talking, no worrying. However, Dara loathed English. To have something as frivolous as a nature journal keep him from a full weekend’s worth of sleep agitated Dara, but nevertheless, he acknowledged he had to get out of bed.

As he went downstairs and made a couple of bagels, he couldn’t help but remember that he had an interesting dream that night. He struggled to remember exactly what it was, but he remembered it had been vivid. Oh well, he thought. He’d dwell on it later; right then he wanted to enjoy his breakfast.

Grudgingly, Dara set out his back door, reluctantly determined to take on the enterprise ahead of him. He found a small patch of grass in the shade of a prodigious, nine-foot tree and set himself down onto the ground, looking up at the sky. It was a beautiful, sunny day and here he was, doing his English homework. He sighed and then looked up into the cloudless sky. His thoughts lingered back to the dream, and then he remembered. It had been about a monster; some sort of monster destined solely to kill him. Before he knew it, Dara had fallen asleep. He lay there for some hours, still as a rock.
Suddenly though, he woke up! He remembered! Indeed there had been a monster-one with two conjointly fixed heads in addition to a green skin color. It was weird, thought Dara, to witness some sort of a creature in a dream; even stranger that it had happened twice. But what Dara seemed to see puzzled him. Looking out from under the tree into the horizon, he saw the obscure figure of a ten-foot tall monster, with two heads conjointly fixed along with a single eye. The eye appeared to be set right on Dara, with the sick intention of pain all over its face. Dazed and confused, Dara put his head to rest once more on the ground. It was nothing more than a dream, he thought. And so, Dara fell asleep once more.

He hasn’t awakened since.

Killermanta said...
That is a really good story with a nice twist on it