Curbstone | Teen Ink

Curbstone

By ISIX1 PLATINUM, Springfield, Massachusetts
ISIX1 PLATINUM, Springfield, Massachusetts

The blade scrapes the surface of the pavement and picks up friction as it goes on. Soon a spark begins to appear with the friction. As the blade picks up speed so does the size and rate of the sparks. Sparks fly and a piercing sound is heard almost earth shattering.

A man with a sword on his side walks through the streets with time on his mind and grief in his heart. He comes to an intersection and notices a group of rowdy people who seem to want trouble. The people take notice of him and he just crosses the street and ignores them. A couple of blocks later the group is still trailing him, talking about him. The man then turns around and the group stops in their tracks.

The man goes to the group and requests that they stop following him. They say that they will stop following the man. Two of them do stop, leaving only three remaining. Once the man sees the three following him he starts to run into an alley with them following.

Once they are in the alley he turns around and un-sheathes his sword. A standoff occurs with the followers revealing themselves as police and pulling out their guns. The man takes a step forward as the police begin to tremble. Another step and the sweat covers their scared faces. In the blink of an eye their guns are cut into pieces and the police run calling for backup. The man runs off into the night just as seamlessly as he came in.

Soon police sirens fill the streets and drown out all other noise. He retreats to a bar and sits at the counter. He draws stares the moment he steps in, but he disregards this and proceeds on his way. He orders a root beer float to unwind after all the heat he drew on the streets. The bartender turns on the news to see the breaking news report that there was a suspect killer in the streets. A sketch drawing of him is shown on the news and soon the whole bar is ready to apprehend him.

Loud noises are heard
The police arrive at the bar only to find a complete bloodbath of men covering the tables and floors. Hollow tips lay across the establishment while blood covers the walls almost artistically. Tables were cut in half along with anyone near them. The Steel beams used to support the restaurant were cut into .Some cops vomited upon sight of this while others couldn’t even bring themselves to observe the crime scene. After hours of searching they can’t find any sign of the man or any evidence connecting him to the scene.

The man then retreats to his abandoned building where he collapses and he puts his sword down and it’s completely covered in blood. He collapses to the floor and passes out he drifts off into a fantasy he has.

A beautiful landscape dressed by the sunlight is graced upon by the man's steps. He is noticably happier, especially when he sees a woman sitting under a bubble gum tree. The man proceeds to the woman with glee. However mysterious abnormal forces block his path to his current goal. His sword is drawn and the blood proceeds so after. The more and more he kills the more forces that appear before him. Soon the forces consume him until all he sees is the essence of darkness it's self.

He frantically awakes from his nightmare to hear foorsteps and whisphers in the warehouse. The Man rises to his feet to see what is going on. He sees a group of kids standing around one kid in particular. A girl who was nervously awaiting a profound event from the rest of the group. Suddenly the rest of the kids start kicking and punching the girl. The girl curls into a fetile positon as the kids beat her perception of the world right out of her.

The man jumps from his elevated position to free the girl from her pain. He lands on the floor to only jab a kid with his fist. The kid falls quickly to the ground and moans in pain. The kid gets up and backs away in suprise as he looks the man in his cold, chilling, non-human like eyes. He runs away and instructs the other kids to as well while the girl still lies on the floor in pain.

She looks up and sees that the man is standing over her with a sword pointed at her. She can only look at him and say:

"Why the hell would you do that."

Nothing, (Kenshin/Jack)