The Hunt part 2 | Teen Ink

The Hunt part 2

April 21, 2014
By Allybear99 GOLD, Södertälje, Other
Allybear99 GOLD, Södertälje, Other
15 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Imagination is moreimportant than knowledge."- Albert Einstein
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."- Harold R.McAlindon


A noise came from deep within the storage. A mouse? There again. It is too big movements to be a mouse, I could tell by the steps I could hear walking towards me. My fingers stop braiding and my eyes focuses on a shadow coming from the far end of the storage room.
“You’re just making things harder for yourself.”
It was a man who spoke. I squint as I try to focus on the figure walking straight at me. I wonder just how long time he’s been standing here, and how he got in. As far as I’m concerned there is only one way in. And I’m sitting right next to the entrance. He could never have come in without me noticing. He must have been here before. But how had I not noticed him? And what on earth does he mean by I’m making it harder for myself.
“Oh, well for starters my name is Jake. Jake Smith.” He waits for a respond but I don’t say a word. So he continues “and you are Jasmine, Jasmine White”
“How do you know my name?”
“I knew your mother.”
“How do you know my family?”
“I know much more about you than just your family, Jasmine. A lot of things about you, you could not even dream of. However I also know you are followed by a group of Hazers, and unfortunately you did not cover your tracks. So unless you want to be captured by Nasgahr, I suggest you come with me.”
When he sees my wondering face, he quickly adds that Nasgahr is the leader of the group that’s hunting me. He also explains what the heck the thing is that he’s talking about. A Hazer is a creature who look like us, perfectly normal human beings. They have hair, hands and feet, just like us. But if you ever upset a Hazer, truly upset them, hitting their weak point. Which isn’t easy to do, their true colors are revealed. They have razor sharp teeth, a head which hair is replaced by hard gray skin. Their legs and arms are skinny things that curve in all kind of directions. They aren’t categorized men and female, therefor they wear no cloths. If I were to describe these creatures in one word, it would most definitely with no doubt be monster. “That’s why I don’t trust anyone, because Hazers will use any kind of methods to get their kill. And because they look like us and talk and act like us. It is often hard to define who’s who, or who’s what.”
“So you can’t tell when there’s one of these….things…”
“Hazer, I have gotten used to the feeling inside, the discomfort I feel whenever there is a Hazer near. Perhaps you’ve felt it too…ah yes.”
I am too shaken up to make any sense of this. At this point I know a group of Hazers were after me, and as much as I hated to admit it I couldn’t help the feeling inside, telling me I can trust Jake. Jake is probably around 17 as well, he isn’t much taller than me, maybe 5, 7, blond hair and forest green eyes. The way he speak, makes me think he’s definitely not from around here.
“I do sometimes have the feeling someone is watching me and..” I look at him for a reaction. Telling me I’m crazy or something. But he just act like this is as normal as his life gets.
“At your house as well?”
“At times, yes.”
“Well this isn’t good. If they are so close…..this is not good at all. I’d hope I could wait with your training, but it seems like we’re all out of time.”
“What are you talking about? What training?”


The author's comments:
"Nasgahr is the leader of the group that’s hunting me"