Bad Kitty | Teen Ink

Bad Kitty

April 14, 2014
By Anonymous

The fresh smell of cinnamon rolls of cinnamon rolls was tainted by the hatred Sarah felt for this imposter. Sarah hates the new cat. Her dog had passed away a week earlier and her parents thought that a new cat would help Sarah cope with the loss of Sanchez, her late dog. Sarah vowed to rid the house of this nimble beast.

After breakfast Sarah went to her room where she found the cat tearing through her sheets. Infuriated Sarah chased the cat through the house with a butcher’s knife. Sarah nearly caught Hannah at the stairs, but lost her when she fell down the stairs. Lying at the bottom of the stairs Sarah looked up to see Hannah staring at her from the top of the stairs, with a grin on that hairy face. Sarah marched down the hall to her father’s room and asked to borrow his .22. Sarah’s dad refused, insisting Sarah get along with the cat. Sarah now needed to improvise. She began crafting her own make shift bow and arrow. She got a branch and tied a string to the ends. For the arrow she used a kitchen knife tied to a twig. She was going to get Hannah.

Sarah crept through the hallway covered in camo and green face paint. She checked Hannah’s usual spots the kitchen, living room, and even the liter box. Nothing. Baffled Sarah proceeded upstairs, with every creek the steps made Sarah’s heart beat faster. Her hands were trembling with nervousness as she approached her bedroom door. It was slightly cracked and light from the window pushed its way through the bottom of the door. She gave the door a light tap and it slowly rolled open. There she was the imposter. Sarah crept closer for a better shot as Hannah lay upon the bed licking her paws. Her white and tan fur reflected the sun through the window and her beady devilish eyes scanned the room. Sarah took a deep breath as she drew back her hand crafted bow. She could hear her own heartbeat as Hannah just stared at Sarah. Sarah’s knees began to quiver, and just as she was about to take the shot… Hannah sprouted wings and flew out the window, never to be seen again.