Lucifer's Daughter | Teen Ink

Lucifer's Daughter

By FaithHope BRONZE, Paducah, Kentucky
FaithHope BRONZE, Paducah, Kentucky

Be yourself. No one else is worth being because the world already has one of them.

She screamed with fear and ran into the closet. She could hear him stomping through the house looking for her. “Skye,” he called out to her so softly sweet that she felt safe. She almost opened the door to reveal herself but common sense stopped her at the last second, but it was to late her hand had hit the door and made a soft knock. She knew she was going to die.

The closet door flew open, there before me stood a glowing figure dressed in beautiful cold black armor I had only ever seen in a dream. Out of his back sprout two magnificent pitch black feathery wings. I was frozen in terror. “W-who are you?”

“I am Lucifer. I have come to take you to home.” He smiled at me.

“Home? T-This is my h-home.” I stuttered.

“Do not be afraid Skye, I will not hurt you.” He took me by the hand and gently pulled me out of the closet.

“H-How do you know my n-name? What home are y-you talking about?” I mentally cursed myself for letting my voice betray me.

“I have been watching over you since the day you were born. You are a very special girl Skye. You have the power to see people once they have passed on.” he led me to the backdoor. “The home I am speaking of is your home with me. You are my child, my daughter, you must come and live with me.” We walked through the door and into my huge backyard.

“No I’m not! I’m the daughter of Charles and Patricia Bellows...not L-lucifer.” I stopped walking.

“Yes you are. 17 years ago I came to earth and impregnated Patricia. Her pregnancy resulted in you, my daughter, you are a Nephilim.” He wrapped his arms and wings around me.

I pulled away, he surprisingly didn’t fight to keep me in his grasp. “Prove it. Prove I’m your daughter and I’ll go with you.”

“You have been feeling misplaced, unwanted, unwelcome. No matter where you go, you always feel like this, am I wrong? You have been in excruciating pain since your sixteenth birthday that originates in you back. Does it not feel as if there is something in your back that could burst out of your skin at any moment?”

I nodded. He was right about everything. Nothing was right in my life ever since I turned sixteen. “How did you know?” My voice no longer stuttered. It was steady and confident.

“You feel out of place because you are. You do not belong in this world anymore. It is time for you to come home.” He held out his hand for me to take.

I reached out my hand then hesitated, “What about the pain in my back? How do you explain that?”

“It is your wings trying to break through. I can relieve that pain, just take my hand and you will not feel any more pain, you will finally be who you truly are.” His words were so enticing.

I grabbed his out stretched hand and something happened inside of me that let something free. Something big burst from either side of my back. I could feel everything inside me changing. The pain of the change brought me to my knees.

Suddenly, the pain was gone. I opened my eyes and saw everything as it truly was. I stood up and was eye to eye with the man I now knew as my true father. “What is that?” I held out my hand and a small creature landed in my hand.

“So you do have the sight. That, my daughter, is a faerie. They are drawn to the gentlest souls.”

I smirked, “Ironic, I’m the daughter of the devil, literally, and I have a gentle soul.” I looked around, there were fey everywhere.

“Are you ready to come home?” He held out his hand once again.

“Yes, but I can go myself. I know the way.” I turned around.

“You are going the wrong way.”

“I’m not leaving yet.” I broke out in a run and lifted into the air.

The air against my wings made me feel free. I closed my eyes and just let my heart and soul guide my journey.

I ended up in a very familiar place, the sights, the smells, everything was the same as always. Alexander was laying out in the green grass of his yard with his eyes closed. I stood over him, “Alexander,” I whispered his name.

He opened his eyes and saw me. He jumped up and screamed, “W-what are you and what have you done with Skye?”

I willed my wings to retract back into my back and my eyes to normalize. “Baby it’s me.” I laid my hand on his shoulder. “It’s me, Skye.”

I relaxed a little but he was still tense, “What happened to you?”

“Just come with me and everything will be clear.” I held out my hand the way my father had.

“Let me tell my mom I’m leaving.” He turned and started to walk away.

I put my hand down to my side, “Alexander, just text her, but if you don’t wanna go with me then I understand.”

“I do, I just didn’t think to text her.” He pulled out his phone as sent a quick text.

I held out my hand once again, “I love you Alexander. I wanna show you where I truly come from.”

He took my hand, “I love you too, Skye,” and my wings spread wide behind me. I pulled him close to me. With my arms tightly held in my arms, I flew into the air and soared home.

This was an assignment for my creative writing class but I decided to put it on here because I really like it and I hope you do too.

FaithHope BRONZE, Paducah, Kentucky

Actually the assignment was to create a story where in the begining the protagonist hides in a closet, hitchhikes, OR gets mugged. Mine just went that way.

Outcast4God PLATINUM, Farmersville, Texas

"When I look at the night sky and see the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars you have set in place-- what mortals that you should think of us. Mere humans that you should care for us.
---Psalms 8:3-4

Good writing. Strange assignment, but good writing!