The Secret in my Blood #2 | Teen Ink

The Secret in my Blood #2

By ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania
ScarlettJ. DIAMOND, West Newton, Pennsylvania

"You are only confined by the walls you build around yourself." "Follow your heart, but take your brain with you." "You were born to be real, not to be perfect."

An IV pricks my arm and I'm jolted awake. My cold, clammy, and far from fine in any case. All I want to do is lay here and stare up at the pale white ceiling. But the IV pokes me again and I open my eyes, giving up on the salvation of sleep. Warm hands cradle my face as the IV is set into place, and I watch numbly as the doctor leaves.
"Sweetie?" A soft voice whispers just beside my ear. I turn and feel my eyes water, looking into the face of my brother Daniel.
"I thought... I thought you were dead when I first saw you. So pale... so cold." He whispers.
I can't help it but look past him and stare out the open window. I can't remember anything, not at all. It hurts to try to recall the accident, but I give up with a heavy sigh.
"Are you in pain?" Daniel asks, his face full of concern. I give my head a little shake and suddenly I stare at him in horror.
"Daniel... I remember something."
Daniel sits straight and grasps my bandaged hands. My brother is nineteen, yet he's not my brother.
He's my best friend.
"Tell me everything, Gabrielle."

Still working on this. there will be a couple parts.