Prolog too 3:15 | Teen Ink

Prolog too 3:15

By Kayla2014 BRONZE, Searsport, Maine
Kayla2014 BRONZE, Searsport, Maine

The beginning of the end started very early on a Thursday morning. The rain was pouring out of the sky like it would your shower. Fast, and continuously.

The clock blinked 3:15 a.m, when her vicious pain overtook her in a deadsleep. The pain started in her lower back, but quickly hugged her like a bear. Sweat started to drip off the end of her nose, and with each flex of her muscles a drop would land on her cold, creaky floor.

“What is this pain?” She repeatedly asked herself. “It’s not time yet..”

Quickly racing to the phone in a panic. Her hands, so jittery, she can barely dial the number. But before she presses the call button, the pain instantly started to increase; dropping her to the floor. Grunting and grinding her teeth, praying that someone would come home.

When the pain eased up, she quickly called her doctor.

“Doctor, doctor. There’s this pain. It’s not time. What’s wrong. Doctor, please..” She sobbed over and over again into the phone, but there was no answer.
With no hope for any help, she dragged herself up to her bed, where she lay nervously in pain. With tears in her eyes she grabbed the closest notebook, and she continued to write:

I’m free. Don’t you worry about me. When you read this, just know that I am free.
She knew what was going on, but she didn’t know why. Why her, out of everybody, why her? Was it karma? What did she do to deserve this?

It wasn’t long before the demon fully took over her soul. The devil wanted her. This specific soul. Her heart was too big for him to allow the Gods to get it. She was powerful, just 19 was too young to know her true power.

Two wrongs don’t make a right, but in the end the right always wins. She knew that. She willingly allowed the demon to take over her soul, only because she knew she could defeat him. She knew she had power, but she didn’t know exactly how much, or at least she didn’t think she knew.

Her powers are like your suppressed memories. You don’t really remember, but you randomly dream of them, or you’ll randomly know something/someone that you shouldn’t.

It was a battle and a half, but she defeated that evil bastard, and now watches over all of her loved ones. She became one of God’s angels, and she became my one true guardian angel.

A little bit of a crazy imagination and some personal experience allowed me to create this writing. My loving boyfriend Nathan inspired me to write more to this piece. (More piece will be posted later)